40K 9th ed

KennyD76

16 hours ago, Ish said:

Sisters of Battle players, in my experience, are held in the same regard as Ork players by the rest of the player base: everyone loves ‘em. 

I almost spit out my coffee... lol. I love looking at the whacky conversions in Ork armies, but damn... I hate playing against orks. So much RNG, turns take so long because there are a thousand models, and the RNG. Did I mention I hate random stuff? Losing because someone had crazy luck on their "shoots random shots, does random AP, and does random damage" thing feels bad. I like a good tactical game, and those things just kill it for me. 

I agree with your assessment of sisters though. I love em, and applaud the players. Honestly, any mediocre army that has a lot of love poured into it has my support. 

• Like 1

Oh, I’m not saying everyone necessarily likes the rules for the Orks. But it’s my experience we all have a certain fondness for the character of the Orks and for the people who play them.

They've had some truly god awful rules over the years, with the “random = fun!” game design theory often being the main source of problems.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Oh, I’m not saying everyone necessarily likes the rules for the Orks. But it’s my experience we all have a certain fondness for the character of the Orks and for the people who play them.

They've had some truly god awful rules over the years, with the “random = fun!” game design theory often being the main source of problems.

I like the current rules for orks. Just mad that we keep losing interesting options that made the faction so modular in play. 

2 hours ago, Mulgrok said:

I started the hobby with the intention of making a sisters of battle army, but that was before the plastic line released.  Settled on making a Salamander army because it was a lot cheaper and somewhat similar.

Can confirm; Sisters are definitely not cheap. Especially when you pay retail+ for Battle Sisters because GW is out of them...

KM1aUXF.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The week before I decided, “Yup. Gonna do it. Gonna collect a Custodes army!” there where four boxes of Sisters of Silence on the “clearance rack” at Guardian Games and all my favorite online retailers had them in stock.

Two weeks later? Sold out everywhere.

D’oh.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Ish said:

The week before I decided, “Yup. Gonna do it. Gonna collect a Custodes army!” there where four boxes of Sisters of Silence on the “clearance rack” at Guardian Games and all my favorite online retailers had them in stock.

Two weeks later? Sold out everywhere.

D’oh.

We have a Sisters of Silence player here locally.  He's been scoing 22-25 points in every game but not winning much.  Maybe it will be better in 9E.  Iay.  it's worth noting that his denies people from scoring quite a bit with it as well and opponent scores arent all that high either.

I’ve been trying to subscribe to the new app. The sign-up form refuses to accept “Oregon” as a valid option from their drop-down list of State/Province/County options.

Looking over their Facebook feed, it seems this is also affecting several Canadian provinces.

Did we secede from the Union and no one told me?

3B679B85-8DAF-43CE-9936-AEA5012349FB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I registered on the web page a week ago or something like that. Try going to mywarhammer.com and register there instead. However, that being said, the new 40K crap is not worth the download currently. There is no list builder and you have to subscribe to get any info. You also can't unlock content that you have bought since I'm pretty sure they will only enable that for new 9th ed books only. So basically, get ready to be bent over for $5 a month for info you have for free now with no list builder. And according to reviewers, there are no PL or point vales.

They responded to me on Facebook about ten minutes after I posted a question about this. Said they were aware of the issue and working to fix it... and it’s working now.

Subscription to the app gives the basic rules, an army builder, and the rules from all Eighth Edition codices... As new codices are released, you’ll have to purchase them. I figure it’s worth $10-15 bucks to try it out for a couple months. If it doesn’t work the way I want it to, meh, that’s one less Large Meat-Lover’s Pizza on my waistline.

What I’m hoping for is something that can replace BattleScribe for list-building and unit  stat cards for an in-game reference. If it can do both of those things, then I’ll be happy.

I was all hyped about taking the Banner of Macragge Inviolate on the new Bladeguard Ancient for my Ultramarines until I read that the Relic is for Ancients only. The Bladeguard Ancient's +1 to hit for Bladeguard Units is NOT tied to his standard. With the UM banner, they would have been +1 attack, +1 to hit, autopass morale. But he has the keyword "Bladeguard Ancient" which is annoying. I'm thinking I'll probably just use the Primaris Ancient with UM Banner, Victrix Honor Guard, and the Bladeguard Captain as a nice little CC unit. In an Impulsor I think. Yeah, looking like I'll be making some big changes to my UM. Exciting times! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ish said:

They responded to me on Facebook about ten minutes after I posted a question about this. Said they were aware of the issue and working to fix it... and it’s working now.

Subscription to the app gives the basic rules, an army builder, and the rules from all Eighth Edition codices... As new codices are released, you’ll have to purchase them. I figure it’s worth $10-15 bucks to try it out for a couple months. If it doesn’t work the way I want it to, meh, that’s one less Large Meat-Lover’s Pizza on my waistline.

What I’m hoping for is something that can replace BattleScribe for list-building and unit  stat cards for an in-game reference. If it can do both of those things, then I’ll be happy.

Depending on how nice their app is will depend on if I use it beyond the first few months. Still need to get the registration email

It’s weird that the Bladeguard Ancient has the keyword Bladeguard Ancient, but the Primaris Ancient has the keywords Primaris, Ancient; the Company Ancient has the keywords Ancient, Company Ancient; and the Chapter Ancient has the keywords Ancient, Chapter Ancient.

I think this is probably just an editorial mistake, a result of trying to update the thirty codices, seven codex supplements, and thirteen campaign supplements all on “Day Zero,” rolling out the new edition’s rulebook, and no doubt also trying to get the first two or three codices for the new edition finalized... and during a national lockdown to boot.

This will probably be addressed in the next Codex: Space Marines, but for now I guess just roll with it.