Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

I am a Sisters of Battle playa as you know, and I endorse this plan.  I have been playing them since around 2006, and they are fantastic looking models.  The new ones have in no way disappointed either, if you wanted to go that way.  Codex doesn't suck either, and i think that's as much as any Sisters player can ask after all these years.  I feel like orks now:  you dont have to fear us but you have to respect us.  Of course, maybe 9E will make people not respect orks again which would be sad.

We lost our scariest unit in 9th Ed Match Play. Da Souped-up Shokka is no longer accessible since Specialist Detachments are no longer allowed via the Grand Tournament pack.

Not only that but the unit got a 50% points increase....nerf bat + nerf hammer equals pain squared

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've been saying for years, every time GW introduces a new product -- be it as major as a new edition or as minor as a redesigned paint brush cup -- the reactions are eerily predictable:  33%

I predict that the new edition will fix a lot of the imbalances of the current, the first half dozen new codices will be nicely balanced, and although the Internet hive-mind will figure out a couple q

Yeah. I just hate it when people voluntarily agree to exchange their wealth for the goods or services voluntarily being offered by others. 🙄

Posted Images

One of my biggest regrets in my gaming life has been selling off my Sisters of Battle army.  One day, I keep telling myself, I’ll start collecting them again... But every time I try, I just get sad.

Sisters of Battle players, in my experience, are held in the same regard as Ork players by the rest of the player base: everyone loves ‘em. The army is generally middle-of-the-pack in terms of raw power, and over the years has had many a long spell of being bottom-of-the-pile... So anyone who sticks with them usually does so out of genuine love of the faction and not “power gaming.” So in the rare instances where a powerful combo is unlocked, the fanbase is usually happy for the players and not mad at them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

We lost our scariest unit in 9th Ed Match Play. Da Souped-up Shokka is no longer accessible since Specialist Detachments are no longer allowed via the Grand Tournament pack.

Not only that but the unit got a 50% points increase....nerf bat + nerf hammer equals pain squared

Thats some high speed Calculus-Hammer.

I never once used the Shokk attack gun for my list, and so I dont think its that big of a loss.  It was cool, but it surely wasn't mandatory, or so I felt.  Now Night Lords...  Oofta.  they got nerfed into oblivion by that.  So i guess in GT's specifically, its just not gonna' be a thing.  =(  I am super sad becuase i was having real fun playing them recently on Tabletop Simulator and I own all the models for that list for sure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ish said:

One of my biggest regrets in my gaming life has been selling off my Sisters of Battle army.  One day, I keep telling myself, I’ll start collecting them again... But every time I try, I just get sad.

Sisters of Battle players, in my experience, are held in the same regard as Ork players by the rest of the player base: everyone loves ‘em. The army is generally middle-of-the-pack in terms of raw power, and over the years has had many a long spell of being bottom-of-the-pile... So anyone who sticks with them usually does so out of genuine love of the faction and not “power gaming.” So in the rare instances where a powerful combo is unlocked, the fanbase is usually happy for the players and not mad at them.

 

Yeah.  i cant think of too many power combos per se, but i have learned to use them adeptly, and competed at a very high level despite their...  shortcomings.  I have never felt they were as low tiered as most people did.  But I suppose when you play anything enough times, you simply learn to work around that stuff and maybe the skill part overcomes some of the inherent challenges.  Its why I didnt play with Crisis Suits since basically 4th edition.  They were low tier until 6th, and winning with Crisis teams had been and still is pretty rough.  There are too many other ways to play that are more reliable and that too is sad.  Oh poor Crisis teams, we knew you well.

Someone told me that i am a Sisters player that plays Tau.  I had always thought of myself as a Tau Empire player.  I was told by some that i was dead wrong.  It was a weird moment for me.  Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started collecting Sisters during second edition, they only got a codex a few months before third edition released and completely invalidated everything from second due to a ground-up rewrite of the system. It took something like seven years until Codex: Witchhunters came out during all that time the Sisters were stuck with the appendix of the main rulebook for an army list. It was rough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ish said:

I started collecting Sisters during second edition, they only got a codex a few months before third edition released and completely invalidated everything from second due to a ground-up rewrite of the system. It took something like seven years until Codex: Witchhunters came out during all that time the Sisters were stuck with the appendix of the main rulebook for an army list. It was rough.

Yes I recall.  they could basically just be taken as like a unit.  Witchhunters was actually my favorite and by far the longest lasting iteration of Sisters.  I hate that they separated them like they did in the lore.  Be that as it may, they are one of my two favorite factions to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Thats some high speed Calculus-Hammer.

I never once used the Shokk attack gun for my list, and so I dont think its that big of a loss.  It was cool, but it surely wasn't mandatory, or so I felt.  Now Night Lords...  Oofta.  they got nerfed into oblivion by that.  So i guess in GT's specifically, its just not gonna' be a thing.  =(  I am super sad becuase i was having real fun playing them recently on Tabletop Simulator and I own all the models for that list for sure.

 

Hahaha I loved my Lotto Gun... 2d6 Strength, 2d6 Attacks vs D6 ap -5 and d6 damage.... along with the double shoot strat...it was wonderful for Deffskulls (my Kultur which I have been with since ce I started collecting orks)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Hahaha I loved my Lotto Gun... 2d6 Strength, 2d6 Attacks vs D6 ap -5 and d6 damage.... along with the double shoot strat...it was wonderful for Deffskulls (my Kultur which I have been with since ce I started collecting orks)

Yeah I kept meaning to get around to adding one but I just never seemed to need it badly enough for what i would have to give up.  But a ton of my lists are super fundamental type lists.  Like the orks I have are 60 Gretchen, 90 boyz, 6 Traktor kannons, 13 Lootaz, a Trukk and the various characters (3 wizards, two warbosses, and a KFF).  176 models, add gear.  Green Tide Forevah!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Yeah I kept meaning to get around to adding one but I just never seemed to need it badly enough for what i would have to give up.  But a ton of my lists are super fundamental type lists.  Like the orks I have are 60 Gretchen, 90 boyz, 6 Traktor kannons, 13 Lootaz, a Trukk and the various characters (3 wizards, two warbosses, and a KFF).  176 models, add gear.  Green Tide Forevah!!!

Oh.... i was running 2 Battalions and a Brigade. 1 Battalion was Bad Moons for the Lootas, the other was Goffs for the Skarboyz and the Brigade was Deffskulls with the Shokk Attack Gun and Smasha Gunz and Traktor Kannons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Oh.... i was running 2 Battalions and a Brigade. 1 Battalion was Bad Moons for the Lootas, the other was Goffs for the Skarboyz and the Brigade was Deffskulls with the Shokk Attack Gun and Smasha Gunz and Traktor Kannons.

yeah that works well.  Had a guy run maximum Smasha guns against my Sisters once.  I did table that guy but those smasha guns were such a scary weapon against sisters.  I could see after that game why people liked them.  Had to really play coy against that dude.  I guess smashaguns kind of replaced lootaz in a lot of lists after the lootaz lost their ability to do maximum cheddar.  Their proverbial moment in the sun.

GT rules seem like a lot of fluffy stuff will recede for a bit.  The Vigilus rules really gave life to some out of favor factions.  VERY surprised they are making that move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

yeah that works well.  Had a guy run maximum Smasha guns against my Sisters once.  I did table that guy but those smasha guns were such a scary weapon against sisters.  I could see after that game why people liked them.  Had to really play coy against that dude.  I guess smashaguns kind of replaced lootaz in a lot of lists after the lootaz lost their ability to do maximum cheddar.  Their proverbial moment in the sun.

GT rules seem like a lot of fluffy stuff will recede for a bit.  The Vigilus rules really gave life to some out of favor factions.  VERY surprised they are making that move.

Yea. I am betting they are folding them into rule books but it makes sense due to not every faction getting a book

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Yea. I am betting they are folding them into rule books but it makes sense due to not every faction getting a book

Sure but why do this ahead of that?  Not a necessary step.  As it is, or so it appears, this is for GT's only so..  i mean...  i dunno.  Seems an extraneous move

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Sure but why do this ahead of that?  Not a necessary step.  As it is, or so it appears, this is for GT's only so..  i mean...  i dunno.  Seems an extraneous move

No idea. No idea. It hurts Guard and Orks a lot and even Chaos Marines 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut tells me they’re planning to fold those Specialist Detachments (or something very close to them) into the next round of codices.

In many ways, Ninth Edition is more of an “8.5” Edition. The Vigilis Defiant and Psychic Awakening books were kind of a “8.2” and “8.2.5” patch...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ish said:

Sisters of Battle players, in my experience, are held in the same regard as Ork players by the rest of the player base: everyone loves ‘em. 

 

I almost spit out my coffee... lol. I love looking at the whacky conversions in Ork armies, but damn... I hate playing against orks. So much RNG, turns take so long because there are a thousand models, and the RNG. Did I mention I hate random stuff? Losing because someone had crazy luck on their "shoots random shots, does random AP, and does random damage" thing feels bad. I like a good tactical game, and those things just kill it for me. 

I agree with your assessment of sisters though. I love em, and applaud the players. Honestly, any mediocre army that has a lot of love poured into it has my support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I’m not saying everyone necessarily likes the rules for the Orks. But it’s my experience we all have a certain fondness for the character of the Orks and for the people who play them.

They've had some truly god awful rules over the years, with the “random = fun!” game design theory often being the main source of problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ish said:

Oh, I’m not saying everyone necessarily likes the rules for the Orks. But it’s my experience we all have a certain fondness for the character of the Orks and for the people who play them.

They've had some truly god awful rules over the years, with the “random = fun!” game design theory often being the main source of problems.

I like the current rules for orks. Just mad that we keep losing interesting options that made the faction so modular in play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mulgrok said:

I started the hobby with the intention of making a sisters of battle army, but that was before the plastic line released.  Settled on making a Salamander army because it was a lot cheaper and somewhat similar.

Can confirm; Sisters are definitely not cheap. Especially when you pay retail+ for Battle Sisters because GW is out of them...

 

KM1aUXF.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...