40K 9th ed

KennyD76

28 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Why? it seems like this makes big blobs tougher than before since you have to score a knockout in one go rather than over the course of the phase.

Because whenever GW does anything at least 1/3 of their fanbase will react negatively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Why? it seems like this makes big blobs tougher than before since you have to score a knockout in one go rather than over the course of the phase.

YAY Necrons can play Silver Tide! In an edition where Blast is a thing. That has NO way of not being bad... None.. or the stricter Coherency rules for large units... NO way that is bad...

Wait whats that... our brand new Destroyers are 3 Wounds? Well, I guess they will never reanimate while being plinked to death. That seems nice. Its a great thing GW made them look so cool. They will be great shelf models since we are being relegated to mobs it seems. 

OH! What is this? You can whittle units down? Oh that squad of intercessors kill 4 warriors and 1 got back up, welp the other 3 are gone forever. Oh another squad of intercessors did the same? Ouch, hope we can maintain our nice little blobs that I hope are not paying a premium tax for the ability to MAYBE get back up...

11 hours ago, Ish said:

Because whenever GW does anything at least 1/3 of their fanbase will react negatively. 

Currently, its 7/8ths of the community who is not happy with this. 

Yes this is dripping with sarcasm. I get your intent that it isnt so bad but if Necrons are paying for the ability to maybe get up with a 2/3rd's chance of failing (on a SINGLE WOUND MODEL) and then not getting the chance to get back up again, they better be near Ork Boyz level of points. 

3 minutes ago, Ish said:

Just chill, the codex will be in hand soon and you know there’s going to be all sorts of things in there that will modify the reanimation rules: re-rolls, bonuses, out-of-sequence activations, et cetera.

We know a few things. Currently a Strat would be useless so there is that unless it allows something like half the wounds to be automatic successes. 

Rites of Reanimation are about the only thing I can think of that will be the saving grace. 

Overall the Silent King looks interesting and I am rather annoyed at how Necron's get Custom Dynasties. 

Necron's get to pick 1 each of 2 separate categories which SOUNDS great! However Space Marines get 2 of any with no restrictions. You would THINK that means the Space Marine ones are weaker but nope. They are strong if not more so. Lovely. Thanks GW

So they should have just made it a fnp only found on infantry and fixed the flying dinghy destroyers keyword instead of this hot garbage. It’s far too complicated a rule for something which is mathematically worse than a fnp and circumstantially even worse than its previous iteration. Why reinvent the wheel other than for sales hype?

It could be saved by strats or the ghost arks retaining their ability to roll a second time on all the previous losses in a squad, but still - not worth this convoluted rewrite.

16 hours ago, MexicanNinja said:

I'm willing to bet a big block of warriors will be just fine with this rule.

It's clear that this was meant to be toned down and really made for troops over heavies.

That is my issue. GW releases all these AMAZING looking Destroyers and they cant even benefit well from this new rendition of Reanimation Protocol. Its asinine at best!

57 minutes ago, Ish said:

Warhammer Community has a preview for the Crusade rules from the upcoming Codex: Poster Boys.  I think it looks really great, the previewed requisitions and battle honors all seem nice and fluffy, they’re unique enough from the generic ones in the core rules to be worthwhile but not significantly more powerful than them.

They just did necrons as well and I am a fan. New RP new agenda's, they all look fun and fluffy so I am liking it. Makes me want the Ork Kodex even more now

22 hours ago, Ish said:

image.jpeg.27489ee1a2cca3fcfd693ed5602c1b7e.jpeg

Da Orkz kan loot any’fing dat ain’t nailed down.

An’ da Big Mek haz a crowbar, so we’z gonna nick da nails too! 

I just picture this "Grom the Paunch" situation where the monolith keeps trying to repair and the Ork Mek with attendants keep smashing pieces off and adding more gubbinz. Constant experimentation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Space Marine Codex leaks show lots of nerfs.

no more built in double fire ability for Eradicators and Aggressors

Chapter Master upgrade costs 40pts and rerolls only affect 1 unit per round.  Can't remember if it is limited to "core or character"

To get some of the bonuses from chapter leader upgrades you will have to also give the units a special warlord trait.  Costs pts to upgrade.  Because the best abilities are from traits you can't take 1 of everything and get full benefits from all of them.  Although, the traits are better than before.

Centurions and Dreadnoughts no longer always rapid firing bolt weapons.

Who knows what else took hits.

EDIT: power level changes suggest some point increases.

• Like 2

Scouts moved back into the Elites slot instead of Troops. Scouts were never exactly an “OP” unit, but this means no more using minimal sized Sniper Scouts as your “troops tax.”

All the Primaris grav-tanks (Impulsors, Repulsors, Gladiators) have lost the FLY keyword. Terrain matters again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mulgrok said:

Space Marine Codex leaks show lots of nerfs.

no more built in double fire ability for Eradicators and Aggressors

Chapter Master upgrade costs 40pts and rerolls only affect 1 unit per round.  Can't remember if it is limited to "core or character"

To get some of the bonuses from chapter leader upgrades you will have to also give the units a special warlord trait.  Costs pts to upgrade.  Because the best abilities are from traits you can't take 1 of everything and get full benefits from all of them.  Although, the traits are better than before.

Centurions and Dreadnoughts no longer always rapid firing bolt weapons.

Who knows what else took hits.

EDIT: power level changes suggest some point increases.

Eradicators still have double shoot AND are core AND are still 40ppm AND now have a Heavy Melta Rifle that is Dd6+2 or at half range Dd6+4

Some of the upgrades to characters for Chapter Command is insane, you get double litanies for chappies, you get reduced Strat costs, Chief Apothecary is silly good, their 18" pistol is silly. Oh your infantry well we wound you on 2's for this S5 weapon AND its now D4... right...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

New necrons look great. All multiwound models get living metal, and still keep reanimation protocols.  Time to invest in more assault cannons. 

Reanimation Protocol is all but useless on Multiwound models. 

You need to lose 3 Skoprekh Destroyers to mathematically get 1 back. Joy. 

Just invest in Heavy Bolters, same AP now Damage 2 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ish said:

Scouts moved back into the Elites slot instead of Troops. Scouts were never exactly an “OP” unit, but this means no more using minimal sized Sniper Scouts as your “troops tax.”

All the Primaris grav-tanks (Impulsors, Repulsors, Gladiators) have lost the FLY keyword. Terrain matters again.

Monolith has also lost it. This is very interesting...

• Like 1

If Dark Eldar skimmers lose Fly, I will riot.

They've already taken away their shoot on the move playstyle by giving it to everyone else, they're no longer faster than other armies, and open-topped is all but useless these days.

They have been removing the flavor and options of Dark Eldar with each successive book for nearly a decade now. The absolute LAST thing GW needs to do is subtract more from them.

It also makes no sense from a lore perspective. Vehicles that hover a foot or two off the ground would still have to navigate around an intervening wall or building. A ship that is designed to navigate through another dimension where there is no ground to repulse from and is propelled, in part, with a space-magic sail should probably retain the ability to fly, methinks.

That said, I would have no problem with Talos and Chronos losing fly. They are hovering creatures and having a flight stand shouldn't automatically grant fly.

• Like 1