40K 9th ed

KennyD76

2 hours ago, Mulgrok said:

It would be neat if GW would make a rule for dreadnought type vehicles and greater demons that armies focused solely on them.  Make them count as a number of objective secured models equal to half their current wound total rounded up.  All chonker armies would be adorable.

No thank you. Space Marine Dreads already have that Damage Reduction stat baked into their profile now so they get it for free always... 

To pour extra salt in the new Reanimation Protocols wound, space marines are getting a 1CP strat to bring one biker model back to life with full wounds.

Those derpy looking ATVs are 8 wound bikes. So basically don't even try to kill them unless you're positive you can wipe the whole unit, because that's the only way to stop them from recycling every turn. What you absolutely cannot do is give them 5 free ATVs by only killing 1 a turn.

2 hours ago, Munkie said:

To pour extra salt in the new Reanimation Protocols wound, space marines are getting a 1CP strat to bring one biker model back to life with full wounds.

Those derpy looking ATVs are 8 wound bikes. So basically don't even try to kill them unless you're positive you can wipe the whole unit, because that's the only way to stop them from recycling every turn. What you absolutely cannot do is give them 5 free ATVs by only killing 1 a turn.

Or you can spend 1 CP and 20 points and make an Apothecary a Chief Apothecary with the warlord trait that reduces that strat to 0 CP

6 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I was looking forward to getting back into 40K...you guys are doing a great job of dissuading me.

Those of us not commenting are having a great time playing. Thoroughly enjoying 9th edition and considering it to be the most dynamic and fun the game has ever been.

I am really looking forward to the new codexes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed the heck out of Eighth Edition. Oh, sure, with a few quibbles here and there about rules I didn’t like, but that’s true of any game.

Ninth Edition seems to be a genuine improvement over everything in Eighth: the strengths of that last edition are even stronger, the weak areas have been patched, and they’ve added new stuff I never realized I was missing but now couldn’t imagine playing without (Crusade, combat attrition, the < Core > keyword mechanic).

I think what your seeing now is just the standard “new edition, who dis?” growing pains of everyone adjusting to the new codices. 

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

I was looking forward to getting back into 40K...you guys are doing a great job of dissuading me.

What?!? Gripes on the interwebz?

Shocked;)

Haven't got a 9th in yet but the rules look pretty good and general reviews are favorable. Most of the complaints I've heard are in the "quibble" realm, not a gross condemnation of the whole. Take with salt as an educated guess though.

Good luck!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ish said:

I think what your seeing now is just the standard “new edition, who dis?” growing pains of everyone adjusting to the new codices. 

For me... it almost seems like I need to shelve my 40k armies (Eldar flavors) and wait for GW to "balance" things with a new codex... which could be a year... or two from now?  OR play some other army that isn't as hamstrung by the current situation GW has created ... yet again (every edition of course).

-d

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Torg said:

For me... it almost seems like I need to shelve my 40k armies (Eldar flavors) and wait for GW to "balance" things with a new codex... which could be a year... or two from now?  OR play some other army that isn't as hamstrung by the current situation GW has created ... yet again (every edition of course).

-d

Kyra draxus data sheet likely has where shuriken weapons are going this edition.

45 minutes ago, Torg said:

-d

Eighth Edition was released in July 2017, every faction except GSC, Dæmonkin, and Sisters of Battle had their codex released before year’s end 2018... and GSC got it in February 2019. That’s a very rapid release schedule for GW, compared to all the prior editions. Not only were codices being released at a much faster rate, there are a lot more factions than ever before.

I don’t want to sound like Pollyanna, but sometimes we all just gotta take a moment to chill. You might be missing a updated codex now, you’ll get one soon enough. 

37 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

I think putting multiple Judiciars in an army feels too much like cheating.  3 of them in an army can completely lock an opponent out of the fight phase.

They are changed in the new codex. They are now 3" bubbles to do their effect. The Chief Apothecary is stupid though