1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

I was looking forward to getting back into 40K...you guys are doing a great job of dissuading me.

What?!? Gripes on the interwebz?

Shocked;)

Haven't got a 9th in yet but the rules look pretty good and general reviews are favorable. Most of the complaints I've heard are in the "quibble" realm, not a gross condemnation of the whole. Take with salt as an educated guess though.

Good luck!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've been saying for years, every time GW introduces a new product -- be it as major as a new edition or as minor as a redesigned paint brush cup -- the reactions are eerily predictable:  33%

I predict that the new edition will fix a lot of the imbalances of the current, the first half dozen new codices will be nicely balanced, and although the Internet hive-mind will figure out a couple q

Yeah. I just hate it when people voluntarily agree to exchange their wealth for the goods or services voluntarily being offered by others. 🙄

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ish said:

I think what your seeing now is just the standard “new edition, who dis?” growing pains of everyone adjusting to the new codices. 

For me... it almost seems like I need to shelve my 40k armies (Eldar flavors) and wait for GW to "balance" things with a new codex... which could be a year... or two from now?  OR play some other army that isn't as hamstrung by the current situation GW has created ... yet again (every edition of course).

-d

39 minutes ago, Torg said:

For me... it almost seems like I need to shelve my 40k armies (Eldar flavors) and wait for GW to "balance" things with a new codex... which could be a year... or two from now?  OR play some other army that isn't as hamstrung by the current situation GW has created ... yet again (every edition of course).

-d

Kyra draxus data sheet likely has where shuriken weapons are going this edition.

45 minutes ago, Torg said:

-d

Eighth Edition was released in July 2017, every faction except GSC, Dæmonkin, and Sisters of Battle had their codex released before year’s end 2018... and GSC got it in February 2019. That’s a very rapid release schedule for GW, compared to all the prior editions. Not only were codices being released at a much faster rate, there are a lot more factions than ever before.

I don’t want to sound like Pollyanna, but sometimes we all just gotta take a moment to chill. You might be missing a updated codex now, you’ll get one soon enough. 

37 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

I think putting multiple Judiciars in an army feels too much like cheating.  3 of them in an army can completely lock an opponent out of the fight phase.

They are changed in the new codex. They are now 3" bubbles to do their effect. The Chief Apothecary is stupid though

1 hour ago, Mulgrok said:

I think putting multiple Judiciars in an army feels too much like cheating.  3 of them in an army can completely lock an opponent out of the fight phase.

It could, but it also has a large opportunity cost, and that is a minimum of 4 characters in the list for secondaries. 

3 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Kyra draxus data sheet likely has where shuriken weapons are going this edition.

His is the same as a Dire Avenger Catapult... nothing new there as far as I can tell... hmmm except for the 2 damage I almost missed that.

Holy cow, the amount of changes in the new Adeptus Custodes FAQ is insane.

Storm Shields get completely rewritten; New weapon profiles for Hunter-Killer Missiles, Multimeltas, and Twin-Heavy Bolters!?

This effects, like, four of my units. 

Edit to add: I went and double checked. It’s five units.

The Hunter-Killer Missile and Twin-Heavy Bolter are only used by one unit, the Venerable Land Raider; the Multimelta is only used by one unit, the Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought; and the Storm Shield is available to three units: Shield-Captain, Vexilus Prætor, and Custodian Guard.

Of course, no one ever uses the generic Ven-Dread, the Land Raider isn’t used often either, and most people don’t give their Captain a Storm Shield...