• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've been saying for years, every time GW introduces a new product -- be it as major as a new edition or as minor as a redesigned paint brush cup -- the reactions are eerily predictable:  33%

I predict that the new edition will fix a lot of the imbalances of the current, the first half dozen new codices will be nicely balanced, and although the Internet hive-mind will figure out a couple q

Yeah. I just hate it when people voluntarily agree to exchange their wealth for the goods or services voluntarily being offered by others. 🙄

Posted Images

So how about that DA faq?
Army-wide Transhuman, invuln save buffs, plus character improvements sounds like a nice balanced incremental approach that’s totally accidental in any broken advantages it might confer and in no way blatant hype meant to ramp up sales of another faction by a $300m company that just makes these silly mistakes every quarter . . . 

40 minutes ago, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

So how about that DA faq?
Army-wide Transhuman, invuln save buffs, plus character improvements sounds like a nice balanced incremental approach that’s totally accidental in any broken advantages it might confer and in no way blatant hype meant to ramp up sales of another faction by a $300m company that just makes these silly mistakes every quarter . . . 

Almost Army Wide. It is only on Infantry so not the Ravenwing units thankfully or anything selected from the standard Space Marine codex

So I came up with a reason theme and chapter to emulate that does not make me feel bad. 

I will be building First Born Black Templar and as they play more games they will grow and grow...odd that...it is almost like they are Greenskins...but that cant be right they are the Loyal, most fervent, and always zealous Black Templar Space Marine Chapter. 

As they grow they will get access to Primaris models to represent the growth of the "Space Marines"

This is what I am thinking of building to start with.

Black Templar Crusade idea 1: 65 PL

HQ
Emperor's Champion 5PL Warlord Trait Front-Line Commander
Chaplain w/ Jump Pack 6PL (Litany of Hate, Psalm of Remoseless Persecution) Relic: Ancient Breviary

Troops
Crusade Squad: 9 Initiates, 10 Neophyte's (one with Plasma Gun, 1 with Heavy Bolter), 1 Sword Brother (w/ Power Fist) 16PL
Crusade Squad:  9 Initiates (w/ 9x Astartes Shotgun and 9x Combat Knife, 10 Neophyte's, 1 Sword Brother (w/ Power Fist) 16PL

Elite: 
Vanguard Veteran Squad w Jump Packs, Sgt with Relic Blade, 5x Storm Shields, 4x Power Claws 14PL
Sternguard Veterans 6PL

63 of 65 PL

3 RP Supply Limit Increase: 
1 Relic
1 Warlord Trait

Still debating and would like ideas

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lyraeus said:

I feel so conflicted... I have wanted a Ork Count as Marines army for about a year and a half now and thought I killed the urge but then I saw this.... /sigh the urge is back... 

utrynycdzqj51.jpg?width=4000&format=pjpg

Soooo....My OFCC army for next year is Orks, counts-as Marines. Doing all Dreads though. Scratches three itches.

Dread Mob, Orks as Marines and all Dreads.

Words words words, I challenge your Blakk Templorks with my Adeptorks Killstartes!

I’ve been pondering my next wargaming project, even though I have like ninety already in various stages of incompleteness... Because, well, that’s just how it’s done.

I’m kinda leaning towards Orks. Because, well, Orks. ‘Nuff said.

I’ve been successful with my Ironjawz over in AoSland, but that’s an army with a mere three units to choose from. They’re dead simple. WH40k’s Space Orks on the other hand have no shortage of options, so I’ve decided to artificially limit my choices:

(a) Freebooterz Kultur; Because Space Pirate Orks are just fun. 
(b) 1,000 Points; Although it will no doubt grow, I want to start small. 
(c) There is no rule c!

So, here’s what I’ve come up with. I’d like to solicit feedback from you weedy gits.

++ Patrol Detachment [998pts, 5CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Clan Kultur: Freebooterz

+ HQ +

Kaptin Badrukk [5 PL, 90pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz [4 PL, 85pts]:
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
. 9x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa (1x W/ Tankbusta Bomb)

Boyz [4 PL, 85pts]:
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
. 9x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa (1x W/ Tankbusta Bomb)

+ Elites +

Nob with Waaagh! Banner [5 PL, 88pts]: Kustom Shoota, Relic: The Badskull Banner

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon [9 PL, 195pts, -1CP]: 4x Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Killkannon
. Kustom Job: Forktress

Flash Gitz [16 PL, 325pts]:
. Kaptin: Choppa, Gitfinda Squig, Ammo Runt
. 9x Flash Git

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk [4 PL, 65pts]: Big Shoota

Trukk [4 PL, 65pts]: Big Shoota

++ Total: [51 PL, 998pts, 5CP] ++

I’m considering dropping the Trukks for moar Boyz. The pro’s and con’s should be obvious.

Inside Imperial Armour: Compendium

IACompendium Oct26 IAHeader

This Friday sees the release of the new Imperial Armour: Compendium. That means that your favourite models from Forge World will be returning to the battlefields of the 41st Millennium with rules that are bang up to date. Today, we’re taking a look between the covers of this book and showing off some of the contents within. Speaking of contents, let’s start with a look at those very pages.

IACompendium Oct26 Contents1 39ej4

IACompendium Oct26 Contents2 2iidk3

Wow, that’s a lot of datasheets! A whopping 191 in total have been updated for the latest edition of Warhammer 40,000.* Eagle-eyed readers will notice that the book includes two factions that are available in print for the first time – Titan Legions and Chaos Titan Legions. 

ApocFF_Titans-Jul05-ArmyShot18sk.jpg

One thing not mentioned on the contents pages is the code for Warhammer 40,000: The App. Yes, you’ll be able to get all of these rules in the palm of your hand. 

On that note, let’s take a look at some of those new rules. For example, the Death Korps of Krieg get a Regimental Doctrine for the first time – one that represents their grim determination in the face of appalling casualties.

IACompendium Oct26 KriegCoS38j23

We’ll be taking a closer look at the forces of Krieg later in the week, but it’s not just these stoic warriors that are featured in the book though, there are also datasheets for some of the Space Marines Chapters of Renown – Red Scorpions, Minotaurs, Blood Ravens, Astral Claws, and Carcharodons. This means that you’ll be able to field such legendary warriors as Carab Culln the Risen and Asterion Moloc in your games of Warhammer 40,000.

IACompendium Oct26 Asterion2833jd
IACompendium Oct26 Culln9123

Whether you want to reclaim the galaxy with the Necrons, burn it to a cinder with the Chaos Space Marines, or convince everyone to join the Greater Good with the T’au Empire, this book contains the datasheets and the points values you need.

The Imperial Armour Compendium is available to pre-order from Friday. In the meantime, head over to the Forge World website and pick up some reinforcements for your army.

* If a unit exists but doesn’t have a datasheet in this book, don’t worry! It will be getting a Warhammer Legends datasheet so that you can continue to use it in your games.

The Adeptus Custodes Contemptor-Exemplar Dreadnought never even made it to Legends. It’s just... gone. Which is really weird, since the Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought kit was explicitly designed to be built as either unit (it’s basically just an Achillus without the spear).

Mind you, the Exemplar really didn’t seem to serve much purpose. It was better in mêlée against very heavy targets than the Achillus- or Galatus-patterns, but total overkill against lighter targets (and by Custodes standards, “lighter targets” means anything less than a Leman Russ); But the Galatus was far more durable and the Achillus has some actual ranged punch. A double-fisted Telemon did the same thing the Exemplar did in mêlée, but better, and had better shooting...

The Sisters of Silence seem to have lost the one FW unit they had in WH40k, the Dune-tastic Kharon Pattern Acquistor grav tank. Which is a damn shame, as it’s just so damn sexy. Then there’s the raft of units that they have in 30k that never got ported over to 40k: a generic HQ, a command squad equivalent, a named special character, an veterans squad equivalent, etc. (Oh, and the Sisters seem to have misplaced all their bolt pistols during the last ten millennia.)

So, you all remember how I said I was considering maybe getting some Orks in the future. Well...

B14428CF-066E-4460-83FC-FA26067D8B50.jpeg

This wonderful, if incomplete, bit of madness was for sale over at Dice Age Games. It followed me home. I promise to love it, an’ feed it, an’ teach it to be a good tank.

F6D1E51B-754D-40C8-A707-56D03CFDADDC.thumb.jpeg.d892cc3910160ef6ef8615105cc4e48b.jpeg

Here’s a close up of the deffrolla, which really raises and lowers on those piston arms and is covered in absolutely oodles of rivets.

The big honkin’ gun isn’t attached to anything and the upper half of the bastion isn’t glued down. The previous owner had all sorts of plans for it, but now it’s MINE! ALL MINE!