40K 9th ed

KennyD76

3 hours ago, Ish said:

Ork models is never removed from da game, they just become conversions for da uvver models.

Dat Chinork? It’s a Battlewagon now. 

Hahaha if only I had made some. 

Still the ork units are rather good. Definitely in that Necron/Sisters of Battle level of playability which is where I want all codices to be.

You might actually see multiple Kill Tanks now....

17 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

The imperial armor books seems like it will help the Tyranids a good deal. Having the 'dules moved to HS instead of the Titan tax will be nice. The Dimachaeron has some useful rules that are more in line with 9th. 

I should never have strayed from my Tyrnaids by starting a Blood Angels army for 9th. But it is what it is.

There is always Ebay to correct these sorts of mistakes.

I have not found a single player that can make GS cult work in 9th ed. So they are totally regulated to the shelf for a while. 

My boys are starting to learn 40k so blood angels isn't a bad thing for them to start on. I will always have the Bugs and I will play them too, I just wanted to see what the world was like with power armor and being outnumbered.

• Like 1

Well, they’re “Legends” for now at any rate. There’s always a chance they’ll return when your codex gets released, although given GW’s trend the last several years of “if it’s not in the box, it’s not in the book” then odds aren’t good that the Psy-Back will return.

The only source for an official psycannon turret was the Forgeworld conversion kit and they discontinued it a while back.

29 minutes ago, Ish said:

Well, they’re “Legends” for now at any rate. There’s always a chance they’ll return when your codex gets released, although given GW’s trend the last several years of “if it’s not in the box, it’s not in the book” then odds aren’t good that the Psy-Back will return.

The only source for an official psycannon turret was the Forgeworld conversion kit and they discontinued it a while back.

Yeah, I'm hopeful that there will be an option to load the heavy bolters with psibolt ammo so it has the same profile. 

18 minutes ago, Ish said:

It almost feels like the Chinork slept with one of the GW editor’s wives. 

HAHAHAHA almost... it turned into a Flyer with out the Flyer protection. It gained 2 wounds and a Toughness but those are inconsequential since it lost open-topped and its ratter got nerfed to the ground. 

I’m thinking Dark Eldar, based on the “teaser” video we saw a few months back and the nearly simultaneous push for Morathi and the Dark Elves over in AoS. In the past, spikey emo elves and spikey goth space elves tended to get releases relatively near each other.

Grey Knights will probably get a new codex pretty soon too.

I don’t think either one of them will get a big wave of new models though. Maybe some singleton characters and a new bespoke terrain kit.

I think the next factions that will get big, full-blown model releases are the Craftworld Eldar and the Orks. But I don’t see either of those come before the middle of 2021.

7 minutes ago, Ish said:

I’m thinking Dark Eldar, based on the “teaser” video we saw a few months back and the nearly simultaneous push for Morathi and the Dark Elves over in AoS. In the past, spikey emo elves and spikey goth space elves tended to get releases relatively near each other.

I don’t think either one of them will get a big wave of new models though. Maybe some singleton characters and a new bespoke terrain kit.

I think the next factions that will get big, full-blown model releases are the Craftworld Eldar and the Orks. But I don’t see either of those come before the middle of 2021.

There is a section of the 40k rulebook where abbadon gets his hands on a new primaris rifle and orders more of them.  There is also a short story about some traitor primaris,  we might see some chaos primaris kits with their new book eventually.  

Seems easy to make, just upgrade spru's basically, or new heads and shoulder pads.

5 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

There is a section of the 40k rulebook where abbadon gets his hands on a new primaris rifle and orders more of them.  There is also a short story about some traitor primaris,  we might see some chaos primaris kits with their new book eventually.  

Seems easy to make, just upgrade spru's basically, or new heads and shoulder pads.

Spiky bit primaris... just what the world needs...

On 11/11/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ish said:

My Eldar will gather dust till then... I have been thinking I will be lucky to get a codex by mid next year (2021)... but I wouldn't be surprised if that slid till Q4.

Until then I will probably try some Ad Mech... and some Infinity N4

-d