40K 9th ed

KennyD76

On 11/11/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ish said:

I’m thinking Dark Eldar, based on the “teaser” video we saw a few months back and the nearly simultaneous push for Morathi and the Dark Elves over in AoS. In the past, spikey emo elves and spikey goth space elves tended to get releases relatively near each other.

Called it

Looks like a lot of cool new stuff for Necromunda and AoS Slaanesh too (that new Sigvald is just delicious!). 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Some of the points adjustments are just crazy.

Pretty sure there's a mistake in the Drukhari book. Our reaver jetbikes went for 20 to 10 points, but Hellions went from 15 (way overpriced) to 17 (worst unit in the codex, don't even look at them).

The prevailing theory is hellions were supposed to go to 10, jetbikes to 17 which makes way more sense.

Mv 18", auto 8" advance, 2 wounds T4, 4+ armor, 2 Str 4, AP -1, D1 attacks for 10 points?

Or Mv 14", 1 wound, T3, 5+ save, 2 str 4, AP 0, D2 for 17?

There isn't a debate to be had. Reaver jetbikes are absolutely insane for 10 points! 360 points for 3 squads of 12, all that have nearly guaranteed 1st turn charges?

Gonna wait to see the corrected version before I get too excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inquisitor66 said:

I think these points for drukhari take their new codex into consideration since it was supposed to be out now.

I agree that's probably true, but I just can't imagine how they'd justify 2 wounds T4 for, and crazy fast movement for 10 points. I can't imagine jetbikes losing a wound or a toughness, or getting much slower.

Their stats already aren't amazing so I don't think they could get worse. 

I'm hoping Hellions become more useful, they've never been good. They were usable in 5th when the Baron made them troops, but otherwise they're just faster wyches for a whole lot more and they aren't troops.

• Like 1

So... umm... Does anyone have twenty Allarus Terminators available for trade?

[quote]Page 8 – While We Stand, We Fight
Change to read:
‘If you select this objective, then before the battle you must identify which three units from your army (excluding models with the Fortifications Battlefield Role) have the highest points value, and make a note of them on your army roster (if two or more units are tied, you can choose between them). If your army has three or fewer units, then you instead identify all the units in your army. A unit’s points cost includes the points of all weapons and wargear it is equipped with. You score 5 victory points for each of these units that are on the battlefield at the end of the battle. [b]If a unit splits into several smaller units during the battle, all of those separate units (excluding Drones units) must be destroyed for the original unit to count as being destroyed for the purposes of this secondary objective.’[/b]

[i]Emphasis mine. –Ish[/i][/quote]

[quote]UNLEASH THE LIONS

Adeptus Custodes Stratagem

Many are the tales of heroic bands of Allarus Custodians engaging entire armies in fierce battle.

Use this Stratagem at the start of your Movement phase. Select a unit of Allarus Custodians from your army on the battlefield. That unit is immediately split into separate units, each containing a single model.[/quote]

At seventy points per model, without options, a maxed out unit runs a flat 700 Points. Two of them still leaves room for a core of MSU Troops and a Shield-Captain.

Spend 4 CP and you’ve got [b]twenty[/b] T5 W4 Sv 2+/4++ units running hither and yon. Every single one of which is ObSec and you gotta each and every one of them or I snag 10 Victory Points.

They can also sit in Reserves until Turn Three before they Deep Strike onto the table, so you’ve gotta kill them all really fast.

Yes, They actually have a separate Errata document just for them. So after a ridiculously long wait Valerian and Aleya finally have a proper Faction Keyword and a reasonable points cost (they used to cost 188 points per model, now they cost 200 for the unit).

They’re still probably the worst choice for an HQ unit in the faction as they don’t offer much that a generic Shield-Captain and a small unit of generic Sisters of Silence doesn’t do just as well, but at least they are playable now. 

It is just bonkers. Zoanthropes went up in points because everyone knows they are at the top of the meta charts.  But you know, plasmaceptors with their insane guns only went up 5 points a model, yet still shoot 6 shots per model at any squad over 6 models. A chaplain for +1 to hit and a lieutenant for rerolls 1s to wound... Nothing broken about this combo

• Thanks 1

Just ran the last 2k Drukhari list I used....somewhere during the late Neolithic period if I recall correctly. Possibly 6 months ago. Who knows?

It's now 1850 almost on the nose. Yowza!

Wracks dropped 4 points per model and can be taken in groups of 20 now (previously 10). Prophets of Flesh wracks near a haemonculus are T5, 4++, 6+++ and have a 2 CP strat to remove/replenish the squad and bring them in from any table edge. That's a huge pain in the ass for 160 points.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:12 AM, Ish said:

So... umm... Does anyone have twenty Allarus Terminators available for trade?

[quote]Page 8 – While We Stand, We Fight
Change to read:
‘If you select this objective, then before the battle you must identify which three units from your army (excluding models with the Fortifications Battlefield Role) have the highest points value, and make a note of them on your army roster (if two or more units are tied, you can choose between them). If your army has three or fewer units, then you instead identify all the units in your army. A unit’s points cost includes the points of all weapons and wargear it is equipped with. You score 5 victory points for each of these units that are on the battlefield at the end of the battle. [b]If a unit splits into several smaller units during the battle, all of those separate units (excluding Drones units) must be destroyed for the original unit to count as being destroyed for the purposes of this secondary objective.’[/b]

[i]Emphasis mine. –Ish[/i][/quote]

[quote]UNLEASH THE LIONS

Adeptus Custodes Stratagem

Many are the tales of heroic bands of Allarus Custodians engaging entire armies in fierce battle.

Use this Stratagem at the start of your Movement phase. Select a unit of Allarus Custodians from your army on the battlefield. That unit is immediately split into separate units, each containing a single model.[/quote]

At seventy points per model, without options, a maxed out unit runs a flat 700 Points. Two of them still leaves room for a core of MSU Troops and a Shield-Captain.

Spend 4 CP and you’ve got [b]twenty[/b] T5 W4 Sv 2+/4++ units running hither and yon. Every single one of which is ObSec and you gotta each and every one of them or I snag 10 Victory Points.

They can also sit in Reserves until Turn Three before they Deep Strike onto the table, so you’ve gotta kill them all really fast.

I can... make them 😛

44 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I can... make them 😛

I actually prefer the Aquilon Terminators, both for the models’ aesthetics and the units rules.  I don’t have any strong desire (at the moment) to expand my Custodes collection beyond what I have now (and I’ve still got a couple boxes of things in the Pile O Shame).

If I ever do add Allarus Terminators, I will just probably do an arm swap with Aquilon bodies.