40K 9th ed

KennyD76

1 minute ago, Ish said:

I actually prefer the Aquilon Terminators, both for the models’ aesthetics and the units rules.  I don’t have any strong desire (at the moment) to expand my Custodes collection beyond what I have now (and I’ve still got a couple boxes of things in the Pile O Shame).

If I ever do add Allarus Terminators, I will just probably do an arm swap with Aquilon bodies.

image.thumb.png.e36cf2f9999e7169fe695759a029e69a.png

image.png.fee832440323e456964cc8deecb1cb15.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what exactly is an “Auto-Tapestry”? Don’t tapestries pretty much already do what we expect them too? It clearly still requires a pole and imbecile to carry it around so it’s not self-hovering. Perhaps  they mean it’s been assembled from old automobile floor mats? I guess that would give it the greasy, don’t-think-too-much-about-what-it-actually-says look.

Seriously, these branded, pokemon-impulse-inducing marketing names for selling new models are getting pretty laughable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW! Shouldn’t surprise anyone at this point but again GW is seriously undermining playability to maximize profits at such a blatant level it astounds me coming from years of playing other genre games.

Their new Beast Snaggas models will be effectively tough as Dark Angels with a character better than Shard of the Deceiver plus the Kill Rig which is as good as Mortarion all of course ridiculously undercosted at about 1/3 less points than the comparable units. But twice the dollar price per point of course.

Get your games in quickly because no-one is going to enjoy playing against them. I love orks but I for one won’t be playing opposite these new beast snagga lists.
  • Confused 1

For several iterations of their games now (I first noticed it with WHFB 8th and WH40k 6th) I’ve been very happy with the rules as they appeared in the core rulebook and the first couple of codices/army books/battle tomes… and then they go into this weird complexity addiction somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through the edition. Formations, special detachments, super special spells/psychic powers, and those @&$#% strategy cards…

• Like 2