Cabin Fever Hobby Frenzy Challenge Week 12 and Beyond!!!

23 hours ago, Ish said:

I've used some sepia inks in places where I want the gold to be a little more aged or worn, and I've used several coats of it for things like my Sagittarum squad's weapons and the "engine bitz" on the backside of the terminators and my dreadnought. My lousy photographs don't really capture the real look of the models well... 

I’m also kinda trying to threat the eye of the needle here. On the one hand, I want my army to look like a solid wall of the shiniest of shiny gold. Because that’s the Custodes’ whole schtick. On the other hand, I want them to look like I did more than just spray paint them gold and slap them on the table. (Because I did! I really did! There’s at least three gold paints on every guy, plus accent colors and gemstones, and the Vallejo Liquid Gold that makes the main body so smooth and shiny is kind of a PITA to work with.)

Oh, yeah, I know all too well how the photography can let down something that looks great in person. Carry on!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WestRider said:

Oh, ugh. Google, what is the point of your photo hosting service if I can't share from it?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GtFDwPj1LbTAtfjFA

OK, looks like I can't embed from there, but that link should take you to the pic.

Ironically, I've had people get mad at me for sharing via google photos... how bizarre.

Thanks for sharing Westy!

• Like 2