Ordo BB2 Annoucement

Burk

All Ordo BB2 league players,

it has been brought to my attention that not all player's were aware that concessions are not allowed in this league.  In order to confirm everyone understands this, I have started this thread.  I need every player to reply to this thread as acknowledgement that they understand this rule.  

I know we all have bad games where everything goes wrong.  Especially with a game where the RNG is not R 🙂.  But do not concede.  Run-away, beg, bribe, offer sexual favors...I dont care.  But do not conceded. 

Concessions will lead to sanctions upto and including being removed from the league.  Remember, I can manipulate end game results, so you may not like what I do to your team.   

Please respond to acknowledge you understand. 

@Weav -  Acknowledged

@Spielmannsfluch - Acknowledged

@SigurdBC  - Acknowledged

@Maxwell Christian - Acknowledged

@michaels - Acknowledged

@scotthartman - Acknowledged

@savion47 - Acknowledged

@Burk - Acknowledged

@Ish -Acknowledged

@CountElmdor 

@Bosco - Acknowledged

@Russell Castronovo - 

@peter.cosgrove Acknowledged

@WestRider - Acknowledged

• Like 2

Acknowledged. Yeah I didn't realized you didn't know that concessions weren't allowed @savion47. Was a bit surprised that you conceded, even though the game was not going well for you at all. That first half was brutal. This leads me to a question for @Burk and for the teams in the league. Is stalling/fouling looked down upon by coaches in this league? I know that stalling is sometimes a valid strategy along with fouling "key" players on the opposing team to try and get them off the pitch. That being said, it doesn't matter if those two things are "a part of the game" if people don't want to deal with them when they play their games. Please weigh in if you feel strongly about this. 

15 minutes ago, SigurdBC said:

Acknowledged. Yeah I didn't realized you didn't know that concessions weren't allowed @savion47. Was a bit surprised that you conceded, even though the game was not going well for you at all. That first half was brutal. This leads me to a question for @Burk and for the teams in the league. Is stalling/fouling looked down upon by coaches in this league? I know that stalling is sometimes a valid strategy along with fouling "key" players on the opposing team to try and get them off the pitch. That being said, it doesn't matter if those two things are "a part of the game" if people don't want to deal with them when they play their games. Please weigh in if you feel strongly about this. 

They are part of the game.  

Personally I am not a big fan of fouling over and over again when the game is already won.  But that is just me.

I’m perfectly okay with fouling (I already have two Peasants with Dirty Player), its a perfectly valid way to get players off the field or at least turn a knock down into a stun. I do find Turn 16 fouls to be very unsportsmanlike. It’s totally legal under the rules, so I won’t complain if it’s done... But I won’t do it personally.

Stalling is pretty subjective: Did he run his ball carrier two squares short of the end zone because he wanted to stall or did he want to play it safe and not risk the GFI? A person’s opinion on this is often tied directly to whether or not they’re the one scoring the point.

I also hate the practice of “hitman’ing,” not that I’m aware of it ever happening in the Ordo, but it happened often enough in other leagues that I developed a distaste for it.

Adam knows he’s got a key game against Bob soon. But Adam knows Charlie is playing against Bob first... So Adam pays Charlie to try to injure (or kill) as many of Bob’s best players as possible. 

Full disclosure about my above post. I was stalling and fouling in the first half of Savion and my game today, because I feel that "winning" as dwarfs is removing as many opposing players as possible and keeping them off the pitch. I could have scored multiple turns in a row, but I wanted to maximize my blocks and potential fouling injuries from Flint (chainsaw Star Player) and so I held off. If you felt that this was unsportmanlike Savion, I do apologize, but against your team I did want to try and remove key players like your mummies. I 100% agree Ish that fouling on Turn 16 is a "foul" thing to do and I know I'll never do it. Best of luck in the rest of the league @savion47