So what's going on with AoS?

Back in the long ago, we used to have near endless discussions about WFB. Ordo was pretty much founded on the back of that game. Makes me sad that there is so little said about AoS. I myself have given it mostly a passing glance at best. I just attributed it to the fact that I'm old and set in my ways...if you are going to play fantasy, you'll play it on square bases! That hasn't stopped me from picking up some of the newer models of course. I have even played a game or two. I see they keep turning out some fantastic new models, but there's no chatter here even about them (heck, last topic on a new set was started by me). What do AoS players talk about?

34 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

...What do AoS players talk about?

How to win in 2 turns.

Wouldn't it be cool if GW gave us half the time they give 40k.

Who wrote Flesh Eater Courts (FEC) and Osiarch Bone Reapers (OBR) and thought those were balanced and fun for their opponents to play against.

Actually, apply the book logic to every book that comes out.  The exception is Kharadon Overlords (KO).  Top 3 coolest looking army as well as concept, IMO, with the worst book in AoS.   Great job GW, you nailed it again.

How to play for the double turn to win in turn 2.

The terrain is awesome, and tables look much better than WFB did IMO.

We get to use the big-guys no one used.  Monsters on the battlefied are awesome.

OBR is the dumbest creation.  The models are hideous.

I don't know if the Oregon City chaps are gaming yet but that's what I'm waiting for.  The new faction of giants looks amazeballs!!!

Not much to talk about without games being played like they used to.  AoS players are hard to find.

The more I talk about AoS the more I hate AoS...

GIVE US WFB BACK!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a small Ironjawz army and my oldest daughter has a Sylvaneth army. She’s been spending the quarantine building it up and is eager to play again... Neither of us have played since First Edition.

I’m neutral on the game’s mechanics (they’re not bad, but I’d prefer WHFB or Oathmark) but my daughter really loves it. I hate the setting, but am perfectly content to lie to myself and pretend the Old World never ended.

The kiddo would love a chance to play more often. But that’s in the hands of Grandfather Nurgle right now.

• Like 1

There are actually a fair amount of local players that play and love AoS, but almost none of them post to the Ordo boards. There is a good group that plays weekly at Geeks and Games & Guardian Games as well. Most local players hang out and chat on Facebook messenger and Discord. I think Rose City Wrath (a local AoS a tournament) had 40 players signed up before it had to get cancelled due to Covid.  There are also local players that enjoy Warcry and Warhammer Underworlds as well. All 3 games have a decently healthy player base, no not to 40k levels but I don’t think any Wargames have that level of popularity.

• Like 1

I have to come to really enjoy AoS. I think it is way more fun than 40k. I'm building my 3rd and 4rth AoS armies while quarantine is going. Im really looking forward to play more of it and some warcry. Anyone who wants to play at the clubhouse, hit me up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

There are actually a fair amount of local players that play and love AoS, but almost none of them post to the Ordo boards. There is a good group that plays weekly at Geeks and Games & Guardian Games as well. Most local players hang out and chat on Facebook messenger and Discord. I think Rose City Wrath (a local AoS a tournament) had 40 players signed up before it had to get cancelled due to Covid.  There are also local players that enjoy Warcry and Warhammer Underworlds as well. All 3 games have a decently healthy player base, no not to 40k levels but I don’t think any Wargames have that level of popularity.

The Oregon City crew (The Neverchosen) is my favorite AoS group to game with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I have to come to really enjoy AoS. I think it is way more fun than 40k. I'm building my 3rd and 4rth AoS armies while quarantine is going. Im really looking forward to play more of it and some warcry. Anyone who wants to play at the clubhouse, hit me up.

I'll hit you up next time I can make sunday.  I have a warcry warband and a small slaves to darkness force.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, Jay said:

What factions do you play?  I have the following:

Ogre Mawtribes (originally known as BCR as it was my first AoS specific army), IRJ (from before they were cool to play), DoK, SCE, Skaven (WiP)