Points update are live, take it with a grain of salt

Lyraeus

10 hours ago, Ish said:

Once again, Goonhammer has a summary although they don’t (can’t?) actually list any specific point values. 

Reddit has them. Let me grab the relevant pages and post them here. They are all from the Striking Scorpions Videos so it will save people time. 

I just finished reading that article... Orks are a definite loser... I am working through how to play them at 2k and I will be making 1700 point lists for now as that is about the level of change we have. This is pure pain, though supposedly we have a codex dropping soon.

1 minute ago, Ish said:

Rumor has it (so apply many grains of salt) that they’re going to be among the early codices this time around... Orktober II: Squig Boogaloo? 

That is the rumor I am hearing as well.. Its what I expect as well. It would be nice to be early but then the creep will occur and out do us... I hope we get some new models... or better yet get models like the Mega Boss back and my Meks with Kustom Blasta!!!

• Like 1

The current Codex: Orks was a November 2018 release, making it the sixth most recent... But the models released with it were mostly support units that replaced other support units that had been around since Second Edition (e.g., Squigbuggies are the new Warbuggies). The core parts of the army didn’t get changed much, if at all...

22 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I thought Ordo had a policy about not displaying non-public rules from GW, nor providing links to such materials.

Not that I know of. A mod can nuke this thread but it is at best speculation as we dont have hard rules for such in hand. So I guess its classified as a "rumor"

22 minutes ago, Ish said:

The current Codex: Orks was a November 2018 release, making it the sixth most recent... But the models released with it were mostly support units that replaced other support units that had been around since Second Edition (e.g., Squigbuggies are the new Warbuggies). The core parts of the army didn’t get changed much, if at all...

Yes I know. I started collecting orks right before the codex released as its a faction I could have fun with. The buggies were our Orktober...which was...great....just..great.

Many of the models have lost out on things like Deffkoptas lossing access to Kustom Mega Blasta's or Mek (elite choice) losing those as well (making them a no option, pistol only unit which even I can't make work all that well).

From there what else. Mega Armor boss went Legends which hurt as I liked that unit a lot, KFF on Warbike, SAG on Warbike, basically a lot of the army that was in the index got the Nuke.

SO I am hopping for some new models or reintroduction's of older models.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Munkie said:

225 for a Voidraven bomber?!?

I regret spending hours installing LEDs in one this weekend. It'll look all shiny gathering dust on the shelf for the next several years.

Not really. Points went up across the board so it will be harder to fit it in but not impossible. 

For instance Guardsman went up to 5 points per model and Ork Grots are also 5 points per model... All for the sake of PARITY! Oh and Cultists are 6 points per model... dont know why but yea

Factions that rely on Hordes saw their mooks go to 5 ppm, mostly as part of an across the board effort to get point values to be multiples of 5.

Factions that don’t thematically rely on Hordes (i.e., Chaos Space Marines) saw their mooks go to 5 ppm and then get tweaked upwards a hair, to disincentivize players from spamming them.

2 minutes ago, Ish said:

Factions that rely on Hordes saw their mooks go to 5 ppm, mostly as part of an across the board effort to get point values to be multiples of 5.

Factions that don’t thematically rely on Hordes (i.e., Chaos Space Marines) saw their mooks go to 5 ppm and then get tweaked upwards a hair, to disincentivize players from spamming them.

Yea I saw that but its still asinine. Guardsman who are hands down better than Cultists, and Leaps and Bounds over Grots is still the same cost as a grot...

3 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Not really. Points went up across the board so it will be harder to fit it in but not impossible. 

For instance Guardsman went up to 5 points per model and Ork Grots are also 5 points per model... All for the sake of PARITY! Oh and Cultists are 6 points per model... dont know why but yea

It's not a matter of it going up and being hard to fit in. It's an issue of it becoming much more fragile AND much, much more expensive. 

It's close to a land raider in cost, but only T6 with 12 wounds and 5++, and every heavy weapon on the board can move and shoot at it with no consequence, and every assault weapon can advance and shoot with no consequence, it's just too fragile to justify.

This is what I was afraid of, GW arbitrarily hiking prices without considering whether the unit got better or worse in the new edition. Voidraven lost more than it gained, but went way up in price because it's a vehicle and "vehicles are better now".

10 minutes ago, Munkie said:

It's not a matter of it going up and being hard to fit in. It's an issue of it becoming much more fragile AND much, much more expensive. 

It's close to a land raider in cost, but only T6 with 12 wounds and 5++, and every heavy weapon on the board can move and shoot at it with no consequence, and every assault weapon can advance and shoot with no consequence, it's just too fragile to justify.

This is what I was afraid of, GW arbitrarily hiking prices without considering whether the unit got better or worse in the new edition. Voidraven lost more than it gained, but went way up in price because it's a vehicle and "vehicles are better now".

Land raiders are 285 with weapons now. So you are still cheaper overall in comparison. 

All is not lost, its just more expensive.

For instance I just make a 1748 points list and its now 2060 points for 9th ed. This is for Orks. Its huge for everyone.

21 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

You are also a flyer so harder to hit, has an invul, and you have a frak ton of amazing missiles that I am guessing is blast

Easier to hit than last edition

I mentioned the invul

Voidraven has 2 missiles and one of them is terrible.

The ONLY benefit the voidraven got was the ability to come back via strategic reserves and its 1 decent missile got situationally better. None of the other buffs apply to it, all of the nerfs do.

It is unquestionably in an overall worse position than it was and it went up by 60 points. Just an awful choice now.

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Same issues everyone has. The weapons were what they were in 8th.

The only real sadness is being hit easier and thats the problem all flyers have so its a wash over all. 

You still have an invul which most flyers dont have.

It isn't a wash. The only real defense of Eldar flyers was making them hard to hit. That can no longer be done.

The no stacking negatives to hit is disproportionately more brutal to armies that relied on it.