Checking for interest in a Crusade League

Lyraeus

I suspect many people are interested in this but let me explain the point of this post. 

I am looking to create a base story of what System that this first league would be based on and so I would like to know who is interested in playing and what faction you are thinking of using.

For context, I am not against people playing with Table Top Simulator for their games if they do not wish to travel to W.O.W. for a game night. People should stay safe. I will be expanding on this when I launch my league thread but this is basically "market research"

So post a comment if you are interested, what faction you are looking at playing.

I will start. I am going to be playing Necron's myself. I love my orks and may bring them in for a future Crusade but right now I want to try out the Necrons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulgrok said:

Wish I could, but have to stay away from people for a while.  Going to the hospital in a week for testing that might result in surgery.

Fair enough. This isnt looking to start till August 18th and will likely run till the start of November

29 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I would love to say I'm in, but it really depends on the rest of the world. If I can play, it would be with Chaos Space Marines.

That is fair. Its going to be crazy for a long time so we will need to figure out ways to live with what is going on. 

7 minutes ago, Aaron W said:

I'm probably not in for this one, but if another league happens post-vaccine, I'm all in with some luscious Slaanesh-flavored Chaos. 

Its a virus. A vaccine is about as likely for the Flu as it is for COVID. Its sad but so far the reality. Even if we get a vaccine there have been multiple mutations of the initial virus so it might not work regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Its a virus. A vaccine is about as likely for the Flu as it is for COVID. Its sad but so far the reality. Even if we get a vaccine there have been multiple mutations of the initial virus so it might not work.

Well, since there are vaccines for most viruses, including the flu, I'm optimistic. My wife and I are both immune compromised, so I'm playing it more cautious until SOMETHING changes substantially, at any rate. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Aaron W said:

Well, since there are vaccines for most viruses, including the flu, I'm optimistic. My wife and I are both immune compromised, so I'm playing it more cautious until SOMETHING changes substantially, at any rate. 🤷‍♂️

It is one reason why I am considering Tabletop Simulator. People need to stay safe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

It is one reason why I am considering Tabletop Simulator. People need to stay safe.

That's fair and appreciated! I'm just here hoping the world gets safer sooner rather than later so I can push my toy soldiers around again in person sometime in the foreseeable future. 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CountElmdor said:

Mark me down as interested. I'll definitely be doing a Crusade campaign for my White Scars, but I might also do them for Astra Militarum or Custodes/Talons of the Emperor.

That said, with the Covid thing.... who knows. I own Tabletop Simulator, but haven't messed with it at all yet...

As long as you wear a mask Ordo is taking all precautions available. Not many come to game night from what I can tell so potential of exposure is not high. Especially with Oregon numbers overall not being huge. 

I can show you how to use TTS. I am going to be putting a thread on this over the next few days and run people through some small 25 PL games. I will be walking people through how to set up their army and how to set a game up. It is overall simple but there are a few steps.

The nice thing Count is that your Crusade Order of Battle can encompass ALL of those factions. You set up 50 PL of units and can add more as you go. I will be doing a post on this as well. 

What would be your main faction?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

As long as you wear a mask Ordo is taking all precautions available. Not many come to game night from what I can tell so potential of exposure is not high. Especially with Oregon numbers overall not being huge. 

I can show you how to use TTS. I am going to be putting a thread on this over the next few days and run people through some small 25 PL games. I will be walking people through how to set up their army and how to set a game up. It is overall simple but there are a few steps.

The nice thing Count is that your Crusade Order of Battle can encompass ALL of those factions. You set up 50 PL of units and can add more as you go. I will be doing a post on this as well. 

What would be your main faction?

Y'know... If this is primarily on TTS, I could actually join in for once. Probably AdMech, I've been playing a ton of WH40K: Mechanicus and it's got me really grooving on them.