Warboss on a Bike

Painboy

19 boys and 1 Power Klaw Nob

2x Deff Dreads with 1 Dread Klaw and 3 Kustom Mega-blasta 

Ish brought Custodes

There was a Captian on Bike

3x Guardians 2 with spears 1 with sword and shield

A Double Heavy Flamer Dreadnought Ancient 

Game ended on bottom of T4 on my turn as I gave Ish first turn when I wiped the Dreadnought off the table. He had lost everything else but he lost 90 points to 80.

In Crusade there are no Secondaries so you only score from the primary. Ish was able to take my objective on his T2 with a deep striking Dreadnought and made sure I got no points for for my T2.

From there he pushed up one side of the board and i took him out with some lucky rolls getting in and some failed saves.

My overall thoughts:

Crusade is a fun and fast format where you are not pressured on scoring as much. You don't have Secondaries to fulfill, instead you have agendas which are just there to get you more XP for your units. 

This means your priorities are different. You don't need to wipe your opponents to win and score strong. In fact while I did wipe Ish's army the final blows were all done by my Boyz so in the end they got 5 XP and are 1 shy of leveling up.

In the end my Glumkleavah Waaagh! Won with the Painboy going up to 8 XP which was broken out to 4 for the Agenda, 3 for MVP, and 1 for Showing up (my agenda was to keep him alive and have one of the objectives in my control by the end of the game which I was able to do) the Boyz going to 5 XP (this is due to the victor of this mission getting 2 MVP selections instead of 1) and everything else got 1 XP.

As for Out of Action Rolls, this only occurs if you roll a 1 on that and neither Ish or my Deff Dread rolled a 1 for that so nothing bad. 

Due to Ish's Dreadnought putting the final blow onto the Deff Dread that died he got 2 XP for his Agenda 3 XP for his MVP and 1 for showing up so he immediately went to the Blooded like my Painboy did.

Its harder to go up from there but still it is a fun system and its a FANTASTIC break from the hum drum of a normal Matched Play Game.

• Like 3

My big mistake was succumbing to “Oh, shiny!” syndrome and using deep-strike with my Achillus Dreadnought simply because I had never done it before. In retrospect, it would have been better to have him walk up the field... C’est la vive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ish said:

My big mistake was succumbing to “Oh, shiny!” syndrome and using deep-strike with my Achillus Dreadnought simply because I had never done it before. In retrospect, it would have been better to have him walk up the field... C’est la vive.

Always a good time to learn

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, Ish said:

when appearing from reserve the dreadnought should play the meme clip of, "surprise motherf****er"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

when appearing from reserve the dreadnought should play the meme clip of, "surprise motherf****er"

I don't have one (yet) but consensus amongst the internet's Adeptus Custodes community is that the Telemon Dreadnought always goes into battle with a deep, booming battle-cry of OH YEAH!

• Like 2