I don't play 40k, but...

....if there was something that would get me to start, it would be the complete and utter coolness that is Raging Heroes Toughest Girls in the Galaxy line of figures. Frankly they are just so awesome that I felt the need to evangelize a bit.

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news

That's all I have to say. If you haven't seen what they are cooking up, check'em out.

The minis look very cool but they are having difficulties with legitimate updates and getting things out on time. I'll be excited if they ever finish.

They are also scheduled to do a not-sisters kickstarter, but if this one is any indication, I'll probably wait for retail.

Ha!  I can't imagine why an all-female army would appeal to you!  :D 

For those who don't know, LoF is probably the best model painter/modeler I've ever seen (and I've been to a lot of big events).  He also happens to be a super cool opponent (only one game against him ever though, sadly).  

His signature army (well, to me at least) is his all-female Dark Elf army.  

Sometime, if you want to feel worthless in your painting skills, google up Scott Goldstein Dark Elf...

• Like 1

He's the reason I stopped trying to paint.  

Man I would have given up years ago if I used that kind of reasoning. In St. Louis I used to game with a guy who's tabletop work was amazing and he had several 1st place awards from local game cons. When I was in the local shop during my last few days before moving to Seattle he said he was going to Games Day. I told him he was gonna come home with a Daemon and he wasn't so sure. So yeah fast forward a few months and what do I see in White Dwarf but his Legion of the Dammed getting 1st for 40k Squad and his Blood Bowl team getting 3rd in open competition. This is the guy who I still compare myself to in my head when I look at my models and think meh, it could be better despite all the praise I get from everyone. Keep at it Fluger. Even a mediocre painted army is better than a table of gray plastic.

On topic those are some nice models and I am impressed at the quality of the 3d printed ones.

• Like 1

I have never finished my Orks in...7 years.

Dude I have LEAD stuff that is still unpainted. I got some RT era plastic ork boys that are sitting in a box. It is a byproduct of the addiction. On the plus side the kid is interested again so I am getting some work done on the orks.

• Like 1

Painting is pretty hard for me.  My eyes are just not awesome.  Its a physical hardship to sit down and do it.  i would like to catch up, but i think I need painting buddies to get the amount of crap i have done.  My collection is oppressively large and my time oppressively small.

Paging Aventine. Paging Aventine. :)