Warcry Campaign starting 7/28

13 minutes ago, jollyork said:

(sorry if that's already obvious and you're just pining for the old HEs... they are dead-dead-dead now).

Not pining over anything; They are cool models that are currently "alive-alive-alive" in the CoS battletome. I think Cities of Sigmar is really interesting, I just wish the Elves / Aelfs had representation in the Warcry roster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:30 AM, Andrewgeddon said:

Not pining over anything; They are cool models that are currently "alive-alive-alive" in the CoS battletome. I think Cities of Sigmar is really interesting, I just wish the Elves / Aelfs had representation in the Warcry roster.

its definitley fairly limited, directly.  The snakey dark elves  and fishy elves (i'm really good at the new faction names, eh?) are about it.  Kurnoth has some cards and models, but its all treekin models.  and I believe that theres either a new or the same dark elf type faction whenever the new starter box comes out.

That said, warcry is pretty easy to develop proxies for.  Cypher Lords or Corvus Cabal are decently fast glass hammer type factions, with a teeny bit of ranged capacity.  Could totally work for some classic Shadow Elves or Wardancer style warbands.  If you've been  meaning to work on your photoshop skills, (like I have) it'd even be a good chance to work on some custom cards, etc....

Happy to brainstorm and share any of the faction cards/books ive got, if you catch me at the clubhouse sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like WarCry has been popular enough that GW is going to start making faction-specific Battletomes. If I’m correctly interpreting the marketing-speak from the preview, it looks like all the stuff from the card packs for the “AoS Warbands” is getting lumped into a book (which will be handy since the card packs are often hard to get) plus a couple extra pages for “quests” and fluff.

Am I missing something or is the new warcry box $40 more for less than the original just last year?

Same number of warbands, roughly same board size and tokens cards etc. Not even half as much terrain as the ruins in the first box, both included hardcover core rule book. No monster figures in this one at all.

$210 for this one instead of $170 last time - inflation wasn’t 25% last year . . .