Ordo Fanaticus Crusade Season 1 - Astaroda Conflict

Lyraeus

Astaroda like any other system in the Imperium Nihlus it is beset on all sides by the Xeno and the Heretic. The Indomitus Crusade has come with forces of the Imperial Fists, White Scars, the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus and the Adeptus Custodes. There are even rumors of the Salamanders making there way to this system to assist in the purging of those who would blight a world of the Imperium. 

Against these forces, a cult who worship She-Who-Hungers is already on the planet making way for the diabolical forces of Chaos. The traitorous Chaos Space Marines have out of the warp to besiege the system and corrupt it further. Xeno's of various races have been found around the planet but none more terrifying than the soulless Necron's who have come for their own purposes, or maybe there were here from the beginning. No one really knows. 

As each force pursues their own Crusade over this system, no one knows what the future will bring or  who will come out victorious, all is known is that the Astaroda System is going to see some of the worst conflict of the age. 

This is Season one of the Ordo Fanaticus Crusade. There will be some base rules that I hope everyone will follow and not abuse as this is a fun Narrative Campaign. This is for all of us to develop a narrative for our forces as they all proceed on the first step of this Crusade. I am hoping that this will continue on for multiple Seasons. 

Season 1 Time Frame: 

Start; August 11th 

End; November 1st

This is 11 weeks of Campaigns.

Crusade Building:

Crusades will be built with Power Level. I know some do not like this but this is what will be used for at least Season 1. Please do not go full WAAC (Win At All Costs), this is a fun narrative Campaign. If you plan on bringing things like Knights or a competitive list let your opponent know. We do not want any hard feelings or anger. Have fun is the name of the game here. 

Power Level means you can kit everything out how you wish as long as the Datasheet allows. this is fine but dont abuse it! If you are building something that you would not like to play against then it is likely your opponent wont as well.

Have your Crusade Order of Battle up by no later than August 15th! 

Game Limitations:

Due to how the Crusade system self Balances, I am allowing people to play up to 2 games per week that can be logged for their Crusade. These games can be played at W.O.W or on Table Top Simulator if you are unable to come out to real world concerns. If you want to play at a Game Store that has area for play that is acceptable but please take and post pictures! In these trying times, I want everyone to be able to play but also be safe. At least 1 of the games that week should be at the appointed game level (more on this later)

Crusade Rule Changes:

There will be a FEW crusade rule changes which are very important. This is all honor system and I ask that everyone respect that. 

1) Battle Honor Table upgrades: Things like the Battle Traits, Weapon Enhancements, and such will be rolled on. Please no picking for benefit. I understand that this can lead to some issues but overall this is meant to stop as much WAAC play as possible. This is a fun Narrative Campaign let us keep it as such.

2) Summoning: At this time there is no limitations on Summoning and it does not increase your Supply Limit to go over a units base count. So all of you Tervigon users can spawn all the Termagaunts you want, all you Demon Summoners can summon to your hearts content, and all those Pox Walker units can go well over their base unit size at no penalty. 

3) Minimum Table Size: This is not required but HIGHLY recommended. Discuss with your opponent. 

I will be likely not be adding more rules for this Season as there are not many changes that need to be made. 

Crusade Game size by Week:

Season 1 will be running for a bit over 10 weeks in that time we will go from Combat Patrol sized games to the last week having an Onslaught sized game if people have forces. 

Week 1 & Week 2: Combat Patrol up to 25 PL

Week 3: Incursion up to 35 PL 

Week 4, Week 5, Week 6: Incursion Up to 50 PL

Week 7, Week 8: Strike Force up to 75 PL

Week 9, Week 10: Strike Force up to 100 PL

Week 11: Onslaught (Or Strike Force if you don't have the models) 

As stated earlier these game sizes are only for 1 game of the week. If you want to come to the Clubhouse or schedule a second game via Table Top Simulator you are more than welcome to at any game size. 

Rules involving any New Codex release:

Due to the timing involved we will see at the very least the 9th ed Space Marine and Necron codex being released. These will happen towards the end of the Crusade so I will not be allowing their use for this Season. Next Season I will have rules in place for people restructuring lists due to changes of a new codex being release. I am not making this rule to hurt anyone and I expect a few of you might be upset but as someone bringing Necron's as their Crusade force, this rule is here to maintain that Pre-Codex Season to make it fair for everyone. 

Crusade/Game Reporting:

Please report games in a thread dedicated to your Crusade. For instance I will be creating a thread on here that will have my Crusade's Order of Battle, the name of my Leaders and such. This will include a small amount of fluff and their goals. You DO NOT have to go this far but this is YOUR forces Narrative, have fun with it. 

Report game results, any upgrades and such in these threads. If you need a Make up Game for a week please post it on this thread so people can see who needs another game and can reach out. 

IMPORTANT!!!:

Games Workshop is updating Power Levels as of August 11th! This is noted on their new App. Any lists you make now may and likely will be invalidated as of the 11th. With this in mind, once again Crusade Order of Battles will be locked in on August 15th. I will be checking everyone's Order of Battle to make sure it reflects the new Power Level changes. 

Please Note:

This is my first time running such a campaign so if you have questions or concerns please let me know. I am learning and I THINK I have most everything down. I will be adding a few posts on how to use Table Top Simulator to this thread to make it easy to understand. There will also be a link to the Goonhammer website for their Crusade articles, they have added how Agenda's and Missions work. I have also added a Reddit post with Crusade Resources such as Crusade Cards people have made and the like

Important Links:

https://www.goonhammer.com/tag/crusade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/40k_Crusade/comments/hum991/resources_for_crusade_players/

Power Level Update PDF

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/A643OEwxln6ZS8H4.pdf

EDIT: Updated Start time to August 11th due to new Power Level update being out. Adjusted weekly battles and added a Power Level limit to promote an Escalation League style of play. 

Discord Server for those that want to find games and voice chat 

https://discord.gg/XgFDcgn

• Like 2

This post for how to use Table Top SImulator

To use Table Top Simulator you will need to find the army you wish to use. Just click on the Workshop button

1.png.8397c08c64bcfd6d53a78d7048210f08.png

Then click on the search bar

2.png.86b3707156ed16ada9b97e116bd7e9bd.png

Type in the Army you are looking for (If you are having issues I can find a few that are good, just ask)

3.thumb.png.2f764dd216774d96497ea3226f99000c.png

Hover over and click the Plus sign on the one you want or you can click on the one you are looking at and subscribe to it after reviewing the pictures. 

4.png.7ea6f80fa6697097b9450421e2517c94.png

Once in Table Top Simulator Click on Create and then Single Player

5.thumb.png.e01bd63c5a64d9cd6b7cc6382b38de49.png

One you click on Single Player it will prompt you to select the game. Select either the Workshop or the item you just subscribed to.

6.thumb.png.42fdb3e1adfb5235c3cd03580dd3fb8a.png

Once in there click on Objects at the top of the Screen.

7.png.9a40d14a1ce570be854d203fc1fa6e0e.png

Then click on Components.

8.png.7c31a74005dc1a41824336a9ce81d428.png

Click on Tools

9.png.f809cc58b0a30c81cbf0e8b4cf9fa735.png

Click on Bag

10.png.1fd1bea43abae5d7da893ce4dffb21bf.png

The game will prompt you to place the bag on the table. 

11.png.06474c073b616fad47dd0d53e6443db5.png

From here just drag and drop the units you want in this army. You can select 1 model for instance and in the actual game just copy and paste it.

Once you are done Dragging and dropping into the bag the units you want to use, just Right Click the bag and select Save Object. 

12.png.c9af8edc2bdc83adf79566c54cb231a3.png

It will prompt you to name the Bag. Name it and Save it.

From there you can access the bag by going back to Objects and clicking on Saved Objects. Your bags will be there waiting for you.

13.png.7c26308b71825c51e41075fa2ecca5e1.png

From there you just need to open a map from the Workshop like you did the army builder.

14.png.9218297f27fa192dbda1ef16bdea3a1c.png

Place your Army Bag on the table and drag click on the back and drag and drop. It will pull out 1 model or item at a time. As stated I recommend only putting 1 model for each squad in there. Many of these have different states to the models which to get to just right click the model and if it has a State option near the top then it has multiple Wargear Versions. The necrons I use show this. 

15.thumb.png.0ae18e8642d1888339595de395eb450b.png

16.png.7417539f844b8a395b3bff3a1fa0ad72.png

17.png.0c8be3d437b8cb2950e32f7a8b7f63cf.png

If the Army Builder you picked doesnt have this option then make sure that you have the appropriate models for your Army in your bag. You can always copy and paste models if you have permission. 

When you create the game make sure it is in Multiplayer. Create a Game Name and make sure there is a Password. 

Let me know if you have any questions or want to get a test game in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

I can most likely join in.  I don't want to do tabletop simiulator if it can be avoided.

I have just started painting my indomitus marines and will try to incorporate them into my list.

It is perfectly fine. TTS is always an option but its over all easy to set up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mulgrok said:

The tactile feedback of moving the models and tossing dice really adds to the narrative experience.

I feel you there. It is far better to play on the table but some people who want to join in wont take the risks to go out so some people may only be played by TTS

• Like 1

Even if I don't jump in, thank you so much for the TTS tutorial. I'll let you know soon if I'm in or not.

9 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I feel you there. It is far better to play on the table but some people who want to join in wont take the risks to go out so some people may only be played by TTS

Also, some of us are a couple hundred miles away, and can't make it to WOW on the regular 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'd totally be down to join in, but I can only do TTS. Both myself and my partner are high-risk candidates for the 'rona, so no trips to the clubhouse for the foreseeable future for me. I'm already playing in one TTS crusade, and I've been playing Infinity in TTS for a few months, so I'm well familiar with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I'd totally be down to join in, but I can only do TTS. Both myself and my partner are high-risk candidates for the 'rona, so no trips to the clubhouse for the foreseeable future for me. I'm already playing in one TTS crusade, and I've been playing Infinity in TTS for a few months, so I'm well familiar with it.

Are they still accepting Crusade applicants! I want more Crusade games!

55 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

The GW app is trash and keeps crashing on me. I'm going to have to wait for Battlescribe. At least they're usually pretty fast, they had the updated point values for matched play up within 24 hours.

What faction are you looking at? There is likely somewhere that it is compiled.