Ordo Fanaticus Crusade Season 1 - Astaroda Conflict

Lyraeus

10 minutes ago, Mulgrok said:

my list went up by 7 PL

I guess fewer toys to play with

25 minutes ago, Ish said:

Just made the adjustments to my Crusade Order of Battle, I went from PL 70 to PL 71... So I swapped out the five-man Custodian Guard Squad that I've never used in my PL25 games and swapped it for a squad of humongous terminator daddies.

Yup, just means it matches points now. My Chinorks went down to 5 PL each from 8 PL so that is nice. 

Games start this week so if you want to set up a TTS game, I can walk you through it. I can even set up a Discord channel so people can voice chat over that.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Building my Crusade roster, I assume Forge World units are okay? I'll be running Steel Legion, so it's fluffier to have an Armageddon Pattern Basilisk than a regular one.

I am using Chinorks for my TTS Ork Waaagh! (Crusade) force so I think its fine.

okay, I'm a bit confused, I thought Crusades started at a specific PL, and then you grew that PL by expending points earned. You have the PL growing automatically based on what week it is. And you typically play games under the total PL level so that you can swap units in and out. Doesn't seem like we are following that format. So what parts of Crusade are you using then? or is this really just an escalation league that uses PL instead of points?

21 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

okay, I'm a bit confused, I thought Crusades started at a specific PL, and then you grew that PL by expending points earned. You have the PL growing automatically based on what week it is.

The Order of Battle for any individual player starts at a total Power Level (default 50) and games are played at any Power Level that two players agree to up to the maximum PL either of them can field with units drawn from their Order of Battle.

For the purposes of this “Crusade Campaign,” however, we’re replacing that second part. Instead of Alice and Bob negotiating amongst themselves to play at PL X, Lyraeus has decided that for them in advance.

Our Order of Battle rosters still start at 50 PL and we can spend Requisition Points to increase this cap (1 RP = 5 PL), which will increase the “depth on the bench.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

okay, I'm a bit confused, I thought Crusades started at a specific PL, and then you grew that PL by expending points earned. You have the PL growing automatically based on what week it is. And you typically play games under the total PL level so that you can swap units in and out. Doesn't seem like we are following that format. So what parts of Crusade are you using then? or is this really just an escalation league that uses PL instead of points?

You have a unit roster that grows. But the games you play have a pl limit that create armies for from your total roster 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

So you start with 50 PL base as your roster and you have 5 RP to start. Every RP spent will give you 5 more PL. You might be correct and I have missed the fact that people wont always have enough RP to increase their PL and if that happens just play at the highest PL you can

Since one Requisition Point gets you five Power Level to add to your Order of Battle, a player only needs to spend 5 RP to get to the 75 PL of Week Seven and a further 5 RP to get to the 100 PL of Week Nine... That’s not difficult to achieve at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ish said:

Since one Requisition Point gets you five Power Level to add to your Order of Battle, a player only needs to spend 5 RP to get to the 75 PL of Week Seven and a further 5 RP to get to the 100 PL of Week Nine... That’s not difficult to achieve at all.

I didn't think there was a huge issue. Since people can play multiple games in person or TTS even 1 game a week if they can will allow people to get to it. 

Especially since you start with 5 RP anyways