Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Was this a thread already? Anywho, I've been out of the loop for a minute but a new edition has me intrigued. 

According to some leaked images the statline will change. As will a number of things in the post game sequence. 

Players will have a passing attribute which will make passing and especially throwers more significant. Armor is now a target. The impact of that isn't clear to me. Skill ups have more scope now. You can spend points early for less choice and benefit or hoard them for better options. 

This is all tentative I imagine until the real release. Mostly I'm excited for new miniatures. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burk said:

maybe,  IIRC,  BB2016 was first worded this way, but they said it was a mistake.  They could do the same.  

 

Yeah it was errata'd almost immediately with 2016. I don't see it happening this release. Piling on is also completely gone now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, michaels said:

Yeah it was errata'd almost immediately with 2016. I don't see it happening this release. Piling on is also completely gone now. 

honestly I don't really care.  I think alot of things in this new edition are just crap.  Some are great, but others....not so much

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I like the option of taking random skills for a lower spp threshold. One thing I got really bored with was the virtually identical skill progression of any team that wanted to stay competitive. Hopefully this means we will see a more interesting mix of team concepts. 

Bashing might be slightly less effective but its impossible to say for sure without figuring out the total synergy. More hybrid teams is cool. More teams in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick Bungalow said:

 

I like the option of taking random skills for a lower spp threshold. One thing I got really bored with was the virtually identical skill progression of any team that wanted to stay competitive. Hopefully this means we will see a more interesting mix of team concepts. 

Bashing might be slightly less effective but its impossible to say for sure without figuring out the total synergy. More hybrid teams is cool. More teams in general. 

I dunno about the bashy comment; Brawler seems to help bash teams. Admittingly, it is a little harder to kill players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, Weav said:

I dunno about the bashy comment; Brawler seems to help bash teams. Admittingly, it is a little harder to kill players.

Brawler seems really good for big guys making them more reliable. I think orc progression will stay the same (boring) but teams that rely on the current kill-stack will have to change their tactics a bit.

The nerf to leap I kinda like. I also heard a rumor that MA is capped at 9. Can anyone confirm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, michaels said:

Brawler seems really good for big guys making them more reliable. I think orc progression will stay the same (boring) but teams that rely on the current kill-stack will have to change their tactics a bit.

The nerf to leap I kinda like. I also heard a rumor that MA is capped at 9. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, confirmed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you feel a lot of coaches will opt for random skills? I think I would do this just for entertainment. Also, is TV still based on total SPPs? If that's the case than random skills could be a big advantage. If we have the same TV and I have thrice the skill ups... This is the bit I'm excited to see unfold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also run into the problem of two teams being exactly the same in terms of skills on exactly the same players, and one team is a hundred or two team value less since they took random skills but got the same skills as the other team. Random skills are only a 10k increase to a player, while a picked standard skill is 20k. So both teams have the same skills on all of their players, but the team with the all random skills is getting inducements. Doesn't make much sense to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 11:33 PM, SigurdBC said:

You can also run into the problem of two teams being exactly the same in terms of skills on exactly the same players, and one team is a hundred or two team value less since they took random skills but got the same skills as the other team. Random skills are only a 10k increase to a player, while a picked standard skill is 20k. So both teams have the same skills on all of their players, but the team with the all random skills is getting inducements. Doesn't make much sense to me. 

This seems unlikely. The current set has most teams developing in a fairly linear progression. Most teams spam the same skills based on availability. The chances of this occurring randomly seem pretty darn low. I think it could potentially be a very effective leveler. You can still spam your linear progression if you want but you will be facing zany teams with random skills while you hoard points for your guard spam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Brick Bungalow said:

This seems unlikely. The current set has most teams developing in a fairly linear progression. Most teams spam the same skills based on availability. The chances of this occurring randomly seem pretty darn low. I think it could potentially be a very effective leveler. You can still spam your linear progression if you want but you will be facing zany teams with random skills while you hoard points for your guard spam. 

Won't many coaches just pick random skills for their linemen and then fire them if they don't get something decent? If I get block, wrestle, dirty player or (maybe) kick I get a good cheap skill, otherwise I fire. Keeps TV down if you get something stupid but gives you an early boost otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Keith Amberg said:

Won't many coaches just pick random skills for their linemen and then fire them if they don't get something decent? If I get block, wrestle, dirty player or (maybe) kick I get a good cheap skill, otherwise I fire. Keeps TV down if you get something stupid but gives you an early boost otherwise.

Depends on the total league synergy. In our leagues there would be frequently be a fairly high casualty rate making the recycling of non optimum players difficult. Certainly if you have excess players this is a good option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, peter.cosgrove said:

So, back to the point of the original thread... So, there is a new edition of Blood Bowl?

Yes, should be out later this year or early next year. Big changes to some teams, some new teams, removed some teams, additional skills, new passing rules, and a few new options during movement (jumping over prone players). I can forward you a link to the leaked rulebook if you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...