Ordo Blood Bowl 2 League Signups - Season 4

Burk

OK, I am closing signups as we have 16 teams. 

We will do 2 divisions of 8 teams, round robin so 7 games then playoffs.  9 returning teams, 7 new.  So 1 team from upper will play in lower.  I deciding who that will be.  Right now its between either @WestRider (cause your still figuring out the game), @peter.cosgrove (low TV -144, and newer player) or  @Bosco (just due to TV, your lowest of returning teams TV-143). 

Before I make my un-lateral decision which will not take into account anything you say, does anyone want comment?

Teams/players in for season 4:

@Burk - BB2 team name: Ho Ho Ho's - BB2 name: Burk

@Weav - BB2 team name: Tzeeentch'ezee Titans - BB2 name: Weav

@peter.cosgrove - BB2 Team Name: Blarg Blarg Honk III- BB2 Name: CPTButchFlowers

@CountElmdor - BB2 Team Name: Lucavi - BB2 name: Elmdor

@Bosco - BB2 Team Name: Balloon-knot Bonanza - BB2 Name PDXBosco

@Spielmannsfluch -  BB2 team name:  Boring Dinos of Eastwood - BB2 name: Spielmannsfluch 

@Russell Castronovo - BB2 Team Name: Goretown Gutsquishers - BB2 Name Daxer777

@Maxwell Christian - BB2 team name: Knights of the Stag - BB2 Name: Ironwolf3113

@WestRider - BB2 team name: Tlaxtlan Panthers - BB2 name: WestRider   

@scotthartman - BB2 team name: What the Devil - BB2 name: PajamaRed 

@SigurdBC  - BB2 team name: Pestilential Powerhouses - BB2 name: SigurdBC

@michaels - BB2 team name: Whiskey Collective - BB2 name: Michaels

@Rhuell - BB2 team name: The Danse Macabres - BB2 name: Rhuell

@Keith Amberg - BB2 team name: Nightmares to Assemble - BB2 name: Koach Keith

@Zorcon - BB2 team name: New Oxyl Patriots - BB2 name: Zorcon

@dylanator - BB2 team name: Need to Feed - BB2 name: Dylantor

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Burk said:

We will do 2 divisions of 8 teams, round robin so 7 games then playoffs.  9 returning teams, 7 new.  So 1 team from upper will play in lower.  I deciding who that will be.  Right now its between either @WestRider (cause your still figuring out the game), @peter.cosgrove (low TV -144, and newer player) or  @Bosco (just due to TV, your lowest of returning teams TV-143). 

Before I make my un-lateral decision which will not take into account anything you say, does anyone want comment?

@peter.cosgrove - BB2 Team Name: Blarg Blarg Honk III- BB2 Name: CPTButchFlowers

@Spielmannsfluch -  BB2 team name:  Boring Dinos of Eastwood - BB2 name: Spielmannsfluch 

@Maxwell Christian - BB2 team name: Knights of the Stag - BB2 Name: Ironwolf3113

Sixteen teams is really good for a swiss draw tournament.  Classic Euro format.  Keeps everyone playing for status and rank for the entire season.  And it's quick.

9 hours ago, Spielmannsfluch said:

Sixteen teams is really good for a swiss draw tournament.  Classic Euro format.  Keeps everyone playing for status and rank for the entire season.  And it's quick.

not a fan of that version.  you dont know who you play until the week starts and frankly it can make it very easy for the people at the top once you beat the other "good" teams.  You have to play each team, so it just means you play the good players early so once you get past them, you quickly have an easy downside of the season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Burk said:

Thanks again for organizing @Burk, keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Burk said:

not a fan of that version.  you dont know who you play until the week starts and frankly it can make it very easy for the people at the top once you beat the other "good" teams.  You have to play each team, so it just means you play the good players early so once you get past them, you quickly have an easy downside of the season.

With respect to all, I despise Wissen format and will not play if it is. I’m not important enough to have a decision like this made only on my behalf, just informing the organizers.

22 hours ago, Burk said:

Right now its between either @WestRider (cause your still figuring out the game), @peter.cosgrove (low TV -144, and newer player) or  @Bosco (just due to TV, your lowest of returning teams TV-143). 

As much as I'd love to slap around fresh teams, I'd feel just a tiny bit guilty doing so after making the finals this last season with this team. Plus I think I just have a player MNG so my TV should be higher IIRC.

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

As much as I'd love to slap around fresh teams, I'd feel just a tiny bit guilty doing so after making the finals this last season with this team. Plus I think I just have a player MNG so my TV should be higher IIRC.

Agreed. Sending the po contender to div 2 sounds less than ideal. That Bosco sure is a stand up dude! 

32 minutes ago, Keith Amberg said:

So, is this going to be a thing where we play for playoff spots between both divisions or is it a relegation thing? Sorry if I missed the info in the thread.

playoffs exist for both divisions and then winners play off for overall.  we have not had to do a relegation yet, as generally we have enough RR teams to have a "new" and "returning" groups.  Right now I decide who is in each.....and if you dont like it...then i can move you to division 3, cause i am the master of all.....and I am your father....luke, er keith. 🙂

kidding....

• Like 2