9th age or 8th ed warhammer players

I loved WHFB and have been meaning to give T9A an actual try. I was all gung-ho for getting my samurai army adapted over to T9A earlier this year. But then the "two weeks to flatten the curve" turned into seven months (and counting). Every time I try to read the T9A rulebook, my eyes glaze over... It's probably a lot better in play than it is on paper, but the T9A rule books don't really get my blood pumping.

36 minutes ago, Ish said:

I loved WHFB and have been meaning to give T9A an actual try. I was all gung-ho for getting my samurai army adapted over to T9A earlier this year. But then the "two weeks to flatten the curve" turned into seven months (and counting). Every time I try to read the T9A rulebook, my eyes glaze over... It's probably a lot better in play than it is on paper, but the T9A rule books don't really get my blood pumping.

I did find a fan made Nippon army for 8th edition. If you send me your email I can share it to you.

Just now, Damunky said:

I did find a fan made Nippon army for 8th edition. If you send me your email I can share it to you.

I've seen it, but since my collection was originally collected as a proxy for WHFB's Empire, it works best if I just run it as T9A's Empire of Sonnsthal (or however you spell it). 

4 hours ago, Ish said:

No doubt the rule book is not inspiring. It’s good at not leaving ambiguity, but lacks flavor.

I’d be down to play a game with either of you. Or even be the rules ref while you play each other. Or do a 3 way FFA and encourage you both to gang up on me. Whatever your pleasure.

To me, location to play is the biggest consideration. I am not as keen playing at Ordo since it has almost no ventilation. I could host with some lead time (Foster-Powell neighborhood). 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 9:48 PM, TheBeninator said:

No doubt the rule book is not inspiring. It’s good at not leaving ambiguity, but lacks flavor.

I’d be down to play a game with either of you. Or even be the rules ref while you play each other. Or do a 3 way FFA and encourage you both to gang up on me. Whatever your pleasure.

To me, location to play is the biggest consideration. I am not as keen playing at Ordo since it has almost no ventilation. I could host with some lead time (Foster-Powell neighborhood). 

I would be happy to play pretty much anywhere. I have a game room in my apartment but my table is not the right size. my schedule is pretty open im always done with work around 2pm. Im happy to play 8th or 9th just let me know how many points when and where to be. I might be a little short on points in 9th but im down to bring all my elves and see what we can figure out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Bear said:

New to the area and would be interested in playing some 6-9 ed WFB!

No idea a community existed out here for it, Vancouver/Portland area.

Welcome! If you're interested in 9th (Age), we have a Facebook group that people will use sometimes to arrange games: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245271142649834/?ref=share

I also just recently created a WhatsApp group for 9th Age in the Northwest:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LHxJbzKug6142Cq9MnudPu

A few of us chat on the Ordo discord as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1