We play Malifaux 3E on Vassal. Have a 16+ player PNW league going. Join us.

Fixxer

• 3 weeks later...

I used to play WH40k over Vassal quite a bit; It’s a very easy to use program, once you learn it... But like many independent, community-driven, free software projects the interface isn’t very intuitive and there’s a learning curve. But, once you grok it, it’s great.

The program’s real weakness is that it is purely 2D. Like paper chits on a paper map... So you’ll need to negotiate with your opponent things like building height and line of sight.

(It would be perfect for WHFB, but I was never able to find a module for it.)

The vassal program for Faux is phenomenal. Easy to use and would be more than willing to show anyone the ropes. It is basically digital models, table, terrain, and cards. The terrain in the Faux version is all labeled for its height and game effects, so no issues there whatsoever. The difficult part is actually playing the game, if you know the rules and are familiar with the system, vassal is so easy. 

As much as I love playing on a tabletop in real life, vassal has provided a much needed outlet for my TT gaming. I absolutely love the program and play  multiple times a week because of it. 

Just thought I'd share. LMK if you ever wanna try @Yarbicus

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Atules said:

Hey @Fixxer, are you still doing demos on Vassal? There are a bunch of us interested in seeing it in action. Message me if you're interested! 

Im now doing world leagues in Malifaux. Played a Russian player last week and got wrecked, it was beautiful. I have a game vs a player from Denmark on Sunday. We start another PNW Malifaux league in January. The game is popping and its an amazing worldwide community. My availability might be a bit more constricted but I am willing to give you a crash course in the game and software if you'd like. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, michaels said:

@Fixxer I'm pretty new to Malifaux but really liking it so far, even though I'm sure I'm terrible. Is your online league fairly noob-friendly? My tactics could use some work but I'd be down to join & hopefully get better at the game. I have Vassal & all that good to go.

Pretty sure it has some newer players. We've got a good friendly discord for it.