To Monster Or Not?

So I saw there was a scenario that encourages Monsters. I take it they mean Monsters not MI or MC? Now I Know I don't need to take one but I got to thinking maybe I could.

Big issues are theme of course and Lord points. My General is going to be a Grandmaster and my level 4 is going to have lore of light. So Storm of Magic is pretty much it. But in there the most thematic monsters are Griffins and Hippogryph. But how does the scroll of binding work? Never seen one used and reading the pdf from scribd is not too helpful.

So I am putting it out there. Should I Griff up? And if so how are the points spent?

I see the Griffs as being Flankers with their speed and lack of saves.

For clarity on the "Scroll" of binding, you spend the indicated points, you include the monster (or whatever) as a unit in your army. That is all. No actually rules, just an assumption that it is bound by magic to your list (aka "insert fluff here").

And for OFCC the points come from your rare points.

For clarity on the "Scroll" of binding, you spend the indicated points, you include the monster (or whatever) as a unit in your army. That is all. No actually rules, just an assumption that it is bound by magic to your list (aka "insert fluff here").

And for OFCC the points come from your rare points.

Thanks, thought I was missing something more like needing to purchase a Scroll along with the monster.

And AgentS where is this Phoenix?