2500 pt wood elf List

Picked up the book yesterday and here is the first list i came up. Took forever to get the points to work

Glade Lord 528

dragon, talis. preservation, hail doom arrow, charmed shield, asrai spear

Spellsinger 225

level 2, calaingor stave, talis. endurance, unicorn

Spellsinger 200

level 2, dispel scroll, unicorn

Glade Captain 199

bsb, eagle, bow of loren, helm of the hunt, luckstone, shield, asrai spear

Glade Guard (10) 150

hagbane

Glade Guard (10) 160

hagbane, musician

Glade Guard (10) 160

trueflight, musician

Glade Guard (10) 160

trueflight, musician

Wild Riders (5) 170

full cmd, shields

Wild Riders (5) 170

full cmd, shields

Treeman 225

Eagle 50

Waywatchers (5) 100

thoughts?

I was leaning towards light on the mages. Thanks for spotting the error on the lord. As far as the wild riders go I want to keep the shields as I feel that 4+ armor is a big deal. As far as the command goes I want the champ to absorb challenges, but I could see dropping the standard and musician. Musician could be handy for rally rolls and the standards are needed for fortitude. That was my logic on taking them.

I was leaning towards light on the mages. Thanks for spotting the error on the lord. As far as the wild riders go I want to keep the shields as I feel that 4+ armor is a big deal. As far as the command goes I want the champ to absorb challenges, but I could see dropping the standard and musician. Musician could be handy for rally rolls and the standards are needed for fortitude. That was my logic on taking them.

I didn't think they had light armour?

Just double checked and they do. Also modified the list to make it legal. Figured lore of light on both mages and put them in wild riders. Theblore attribute will be great for those units.

I honestly think that is the worst idea.  Wild riders are good, not great, and all it takes is that one failed LD test on a long charge to put them in the open.  Remember, if they have LoS and a path available to them, they have to test for enemy units 21" away.  Let's just say that you do get off a charge you want.  The enemy will just focus on the caster, pick up some easy points, and if the wild riders win they have to pursue if they are still frenzied and now they are most likely out of position and will be some more points for your enemy.

These units aren't meant to be bunkers for casters.  They need to be played exactly like swordmasters from the HE.  They get in there, do a bunch of wounds, then die. 

My next quesion would be, what is the purpose of the lord on dragon?

So essentially the plan is to shoot the crap out of units then charge them when they are weak enough to be wiped out. I take the dragon because I have a model for one tbh. Dragon flies into a flank, hail doom arrows, then charges next turn. Wild rider units hang out in the woods and the lore of light attribute let's me soak up some wounds. Mages hang out on the end of wild rider units minimize models that can attack them, again the lore of light attribute can mitigate the damage. Of course this is all theory hammer and I have yet to test it in a game

Yeah I did think about that. The hits should randomize mostly to the the eagle. I am hoping I can minimize the shots at him by keeping him hidden from most things. He will be my warmachine hunter so they shouldn't have to many opportunities to shoot him. If they are shooting him they aren't shooting then wild riders or dragon so that's not ahorrible thing. Target saturation

He gets the Toughness and Wounds profile from the beast.  It's in the main FAQ.  MRB just states wounds, FAQ states both.

As far as shooting at him not being a bad thing, to me, that's free points.  T4 with only 3 wounds, and if he dies there goes your re-roll for frenzy tests.  I'm not saying don't do this, as I like to run my BSB on a Manticore, just know that he's a liability on an eagle.