Raindog's Roots

Eric, you should double check that mounting the mage on the steed gives him fast cav.  I was reading the book last night, and I could not find a rule that says the steed itself is fast cav (as opposed to the unit of glade riders).  Maybe I missed it.  Don't want you to create a bunker for the mage that you end up not being able to use.

This week, I have had training during the day, so instead of my usual painting after work, I am hanging out with the family. It also meant, I sleep for 3 hours on Monday night before going to work on Tuesday. 

I have kit bashed bits on a cavalry base to assemble a Spell Singer fleeting to battle on roots and vines. It is my counts as an Elven steed model. She is ready to be primed. Maybe, I will attend to that later tonight….. :rolleyes: 

I primed ten Glade Guard. They are my next project unless, I decide the Spell Singer cannot wait. 

I am looking for Waywatchers. If your local store has them, or if you have extras, please let me know. 

I have three trays for archers magnetized and a tray made for the Dryads.

Jordan gave me an old Way Watcher kindred Lordmodel last year. I cleaned it up and assembled it. I forgot what a pain metal is to clean. I puttied the arms in as well as gluing them in place.

Tomorrow, when the putty on the Dryad tray and the Way Watcher Lord is dried, I will spray them and the converted Spell Singer.

Well, I just filled the house with a choice set of obscene utterances as I dropped by Spell Singer. I tried to catch it with my foot and bounced it, so it only broke into 4 pieces instead of 12.......

I have been spraying models and movement trays as well as constructing new spite counts as models.

I am waiting for paint to dry..... Really. Mixing in a little too much matte extender is not helping matters. So, I am waiting, watching the Sounders replay, waiting for the dark flesh- dryad bark mix to dry on four movement trays, 10 Glade Guard, and a Waywatcher.

Tonight's List

Spell Weaver.  

L4, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, and Elven Steed.

Lore: High Magic 

Glade Captain.   

Battle Standard Bearer, Elven Steed, Asrai Spear,

Enchanted Shield, Hail of Doom Arrow, Hagbane Arrow.

Way Stalker. 

Bow of Loren. 

15 Dryads.   

10 Glade Guard.  

Musician and Hagbane Arrows

10 Glade Guard.

Musician and Trueflight Arrows 

10 Glade Guard.  

Musician and Trueflight Arrows

5 Glade Riders.   

Musician and Hagbane Arrows

5 Wild Riders.  

Shields, Musician and Standard Bearer

Wild Riders.  

Shields, Musician and Standard Bearer

8 Sisters of Thorn.  

Musician, Standard Bearer, + Liche Bone Pennant

Great Eagle.

5 Waywatchers.

6 Waywatchers.   

Treeman.  225 Points

2400 Points - (2397)

Okay-dokie Webslingers and Donkey Kong fans,

I played Brad aka Peanut for the first time last night. Peanut is new to the club and a good guy, so call him out and get in games against him. He is a quality guy.

Peanut played goblins last night. No orcs, just gobbos, lots and a lots o' gobbos. He is not a net lister. Instead, he had big blocks of night and standard gobbos. Their was a big spider, a diver, a lobba, and whole host of heroes and lords.

After playing the game, I now know High Magic is the Schizz. I dig it. The lore attribute keeps your Mage alive. I cast three high magic spells and the Mage and the unit took three wounds….The lore Atrribute is a life saver. Secnd. Walk Between Worlds is a great spell. Essentially, it lets you teleport around the board, so your mage can cast where she likes. I dropped Fiery Convo for Drain, and took Quench, Walk and Apotheosis. High Magic is a tool box begging to be used.  

Trueflight arrows caused the same amount of wounds as the Hagbane, but I like the concept of the no penalty arrows. It allows the Glade Guard to hang back and stay out the way of my mobile units.

Dryads are terrible. Goblins beat them in combat. The drop in Strength, Ward Save and no ability to take a standard or a musician for a reform is just stupid. They are worth 7 points, maybe 8 at best. Yes, you can give them boons from Shadow, but almost anything is good with Mindrazor……….

I think you wasted points on the talisman.  The whole point of the tokens from high magic is to negate wounds.

Dryads aren't terrible.  You weren't running lore of shadow.  Okkams is there needed buff now.  I don't think they fit the list you posted though.

I also feel like the eagle is a waste in your list as well.  Unless you're using him as a redirector, you should drop that eagle.  Glade Guard fill the war machine hunting role with poison arrows coming from ambush now.

This is the question I think you need to ask yourself about the eagle:

Will he give up easy VP to your opponent?  If this was a list built for all comers, is the eagle worth the risk?

Sure, when you bring a list based off an army you know you're fighting, you are able to bring certain things for that particular match up.  What would that eagle do for you against WoC, daemons, beastmen, or Ogres?

Sure, when you bring a list based off an army you know you're fighting, you are able to bring certain things for that particular match up.  What would that eagle do for you against WoC, daemons, beastmen, or Ogres?

For Warriors of Chaos, the Eagle is there to hunt Chaos Warhounds, flank Marauder Horsemen, and to force Skulltakers of Khorne to overrun away from my threat locations. 

Against Daemons it is there to railroad, thwart charges and overruns, and to get in my opponent's way. 

Against Beasts, they hunt Ungor Raiders, flank or rear charge Razorgors or Tuskagor chariots, or to redirect horde units to expose flanks. 

Against Ogres, they are there to hunt Sabretusk and limit movement on large units. 

After playing the game, I now know High Magic is the Schizz. I dig it. The lore attribute keeps your Mage alive. I cast three high magic spells and the Mage and the unit took three wounds….The lore Atrribute is a life saver. Secnd. Walk Between Worlds is a great spell. Essentially, it lets you teleport around the board, so your mage can cast where she likes. I dropped Fiery Convo for Drain, and took Quench, Walk and Apotheosis. High Magic is a tool box begging to be used.  

This is exactly how i was thinking high magic would play out.   i def think it is the lore to take

I sprayed matte varnish on three trays this morning. I am working on painting the base coat of green on the Glade Guard. There is a great deal of difficult spots to reach. The process is very time consuming. I am mixing wash and foundation Ork shade with Dark Angel Green for the base color. 

I didn't paint on Monday Night, since I had court Tuesday Morning, but I am trying to paint on a regular basis. This will be hard with the Rampage coming up. I need to clean up the club house on Friday, make the Tournament packs and assemble home terrain for the club.

Cheers,

RD

Yesterday, I played ringer for the tournament. 

Thoughts.

1. The Arrow of Kurnous wounded Krieger's Tomb King.

2. Woodies do not do well against battle stars and horde units, but that is what Fiery Convo is for….

3. In two games the Glade Riders refuse to come onto the board.

4. Walk Between Worlds is my new favorite spell. 

5. I built up to 7 wounds counters in 4 turns in one game. Most other games 3 was the norm.

6. Hawkeye is crazy good. 

7. The Trueflight arrows are my favorite.  Throw enough dice at a problem and wounds are going to be caused.

8. Forest Spirits are not needed in the list. 

• Like 1

Painting has been slow. The last time I painted a Glade Guard was 8-9 years ago. I have been slowly trying to refigure the right recipes of colors through trial and error. The first is done, but needs to be flocked. I am working on the next and am heading slowly down the line of 10.

• Like 1