Raindog's Roots

I decided to snip all of the related bits into snack sized ziploc bags, so I don't lose any of the pieces. 

Michaels sells awesome trays for beads which are great for holding bitz.  I found some at a very reasonable price.  They do wonders.  I normally have a single tray for each army type.  They are also extremely easy to organize and are easy to store.

I played Mexican Ninja's Dwarfs Last Night.

Lessons Learned.

1. The Anvil is not terrible. It is hard to kill and provides a stout magic defense.

2. Forest Spirits are irrelevant in competitive lists.

Drayds cannot fight. Their S3 allows them to wound nothing . In the fluff, they hunt down children that wander into Athel Loren. That is about right.. Other than skinks, they cannot kill anything else.

8 Treekin hit the flank of 10 Longbeards with Great Weapons and lost combat.

A Treeman cannot fight any unit with a character in it. The tree will lose.

3. Ironbreaker are insanely hard to kill.

4. Vanguarding Dwarfs are scary.

5. Ninja put a unit of Longbeards in a building, fiery convo was the answer.

6. 10 Wild Riders hit the flanks of a block Longbeards. 2 Longbeards llived..

7. An Eagle cannot take out two Iron Drakes......

A quick note for those who are considering a purchase of Games Work's Sister of Thorns / Wild Riders dual box set. The box does not have enough parts to make Sisters and Wild Riders.

There are 5 stags per box.

The Wild Riders and Sister share the same lower torso bits.

The upper torsos could be used are iconicThe female tops are for the Sisters. The male chests are for Wild Riders.

The right arms are interchangeable, only a few of the left arms are meant for the Sister of Thorn models.

The heads are the crux. The Sisters have only face mask. The Riders have a different one. Both female and male masks are combined with one back of the head pieces (a set of long locks of flowing hair). There is not enough hair to make more than 1-2 extra upper torsos.

I am using on one of the Wild Rider torsos and combining it with a Glade Rider lower torso to make a Glade Captain BSB. The Sisters bits can also be made to create mounted Spell Singers.

Cheers,

RD 

I started the slow puttying process in the gaps of the stags and riders. I set some and let it cure. Then, I wait and start again.

Yesterday, I made the trek to Salmon Creek and played Exile at Mythic Realms. We played on a cool lava themed Realms of Battles board.

The game was epic. It was in the balance until the bottom of turn 6.

Cool parts if the game.

1. Exile's eagle mounted lord made 60 plus 4+ ward saves.

2. His sky chariot absorbed crazy amounts of attacks before going down.

3. Life Bloom put 4-5 wounds back on his lord and prince.

4. A Loremaster with the Book of Hoeth is a potent magic phase. Being able to reroll one dice per spell attempt can ensure two spells a turn go off . Exile, on 10 power dice, was attempting 5 spells. This really forced me to pick and choose what to defend against and take several risks.

5. 30 High Elf archers are potent. The wide out half of my caster bus in the top of turn one. I had to focus on them. So a fiery convo and Soul Blight later, left 4 models.

6. The High Elf Lord never saw combat, but provide a LD 10 bubble that prevent 5-7 panics that would have failed at 9.

7. Phoenix Guard with the Razor Standard can take on most anything. They are very hard to kill. Fiery Convo took out 5, then 9, out of a huge block.

8. Both my Wild Riders failed their frenzy tests on turn one and were forced to charge Exile's Silver Helm-BSB bus. They could not break the steadfast unit. They were counter charged by Swordmasters and Phoenix Guard. The Wild Riders killed 9 Silver Helms and six Swordmasters before breaking and running.

9. I really wished I had Anvil of Vaul, it would have made the difference against Exile's three heavily armored characters.

10. Hand of Glory would have been nice, too.

11. Several units on both sides travelled 45-60 inches in the game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. My Simple Green is lame. Trying a new batch to clean old Waywatchers.

2. Assembling a new hero model. He is odd to put together.

3) Finalized greenstuffing a few Sisters.

4) Primer spraying one sister at a time. 

5) The Sister/Stag join seems impossible to paint when if they are glued together.

• Like 1

1. Fresh Simple Green works better than old Simple Green.

2. I have two old metal Waywatchers stripped, based, pinned, magnetized and ready to be sprayed.

3. Made a weapons swap on the new WE hero: bow for a spear. I puttied the area around the hand. When the puty cures. I will add a few brass etched leaves to cover the bland areas in the putty work.

The Spell Weaver is a pain to paint. Medal model have such deep cracks and grooves. Pain does not like to go into them. There are sections that have impossible to fix mold lines. Grrrrrrr/

I need to dot the eyes, but the model is finally done! 

Now back to Way Watchers………..

On the gaming side, I played Rudra's Beasts. My dice were stupidly good. 

I am looking to play some armies I don't see regularly: Ogres, Chaos, Dwarfs, Lizards, Empire, etc…..

Let me know if you can game.

RD

• Like 1