Raindog's Roots

My Araloth conversion is 90 percent painted. The hawk needs a bit of work. I painted another Glade Guard and two more are being attended two on the painting table.

I have been watching Space Above and Beyond when I paint. The show is 20 years old, but it holds up very well.

I played two games last night. In the first, I played Exile's HE. I put myself in a whole and dug back even. Then, I played Nater's Dwarfs and got creamed. It was a massacre.

I really need to slow down my play and relax.

Against the Dwarfs, I need to pound out the Organ Gun an avoid the Iron Drakes.

Oh well, there is always need week.

tbh, if luck was even and you remembered the ambushers(i would have reminded you if i was paying attention, ive forgotten ambushers at least 50% of the time i play them...) that would be a totally different ballgame and probably flipped.  woodies generally will beat dawi from my experience.  but i agree with those tactics.  my friend from iowa would always just kill the OG and copters with poison/magic and stayed opposite of the drakes.  he'd always win by a minor/major.  but he was a super competitive player that wasnt always the most fun to play against... your list was much more fun!  our game i think was the 4th or 5th time ive used drakes.  it was the first game they have EVER done anything for me besides sitting on their gromwil butts drinking beer because noone would go near them... but if you mathhammer it i should only do 3-4 wounds with drakes each time i shoot unless its close range, then about 2 more.  i definitely rolled better than that in that game.  the previous game against beastmen i played them quite poorly, again, and never got shots on his big beastie units with them.  probably why the hams and beards got crushed, they direly needed help from the drakes... also had no idea his bsb and caster were so powerful in combat.  thought for sure the hammerers could take that unit down... also didnt think trolls could take down 38 beards.  those beards have taken the same amount of crypt horrors down before no sweat, but that doombull really helped compliment that unit more than i expected.  chalk that one up to the ol'learning curve.  we can always have a rematch :) im bringing a different list next week.  hint: there may be almost naked dwarfs with tie-dyed mohawks running around...

I painted for 45 minutes today while watching Legends with Sean Bean. I hit a wash layer of Devlin Mud over the lower torso leathers, highlighted the cloak, and bits of the bow, painted the arrows and the quiver and washed them.

I still need to hit the upper torso leather highlights and paint the skin.

Finished the BSB's horse. I painted the leathers on the horse brown, but the steed is a roan. Mistake. I should have painted the leathers green. Oh, well, I can go back later. I am trying to make the steeds of the Sisters look like elk. I am working on the tester now.

I threw done against Nater at GN tonight. I played like a true WE. I danced. A lot. Combat. Not so much.  I fled and spun and shoot and cast. 

Nater had 2 Organ Guns and a Cannon. 3 Gyros and a huge block of Iron Drakes. Iron Drakes are stupidly hard to kill. Heck, the whole list is hard to take points from. 

I left him with his blocks, and robbed him of one character and all his smalls. Fiery only killed 10 of 37 Longbeards. My Sisters bus was insanely lucky. 

Next week, I hope to play something new: Ogres, Orcs, Warriors, Lizards, etc……….

Cheers,

RD

• Like 1

you did exactly what a wood elf needs to do against dwarfs.  kill the easy points/things that can hurt you and run.  true wood elf style.  and MN could do the exact same thing to me if he wanted to with DE and HE do it as well.  and there's absolutely nothing i can do about it.  which is why i generally dislike playing elves.. it is always an auto-lose by at least a minor if someone is playing to win unless something silly happens like mass panic off the table :rolleyes: ... its kind of why im getting another race.  because as much as a like dwarfs(my favorite fantasy race), they are too much rock/paper/scissors and i want a more balanced list that an army cant just avoid the whole game(mass artillery and copters is the only thing really that dwarfs can use to dictate the game... ). empire is kind of my answer to that, whenever i get to painting them.. i think im close to making the switch to full slayers rather than hammerers.  i cant keep losing that unit to something weaker than it.. im at least going to hurt something with slayers if they go down!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With my brother's injuries and taking care of family business, I am waaaaaaaaay behind in my painting. I am hoping to finish my BSB this week. Then, I have 30 models to flock. I have a dryad to repair.  There is no way I will be getting the Sisters on the Stags.  It is just not going to happen……..

I got two games last night.

One was against  TJP's Chaos. I have no answer for that Dragon Lord . 3+ Ward  and rerolling ones is a no win battle. I am glad the tower took both out. It also killed my Glade Riders and half of my Treekin. I eded up with the tower and most models killed by it.

Game Two Was against John's Skaven. My luck was better than his. He sucked his Grey Seer into the warp. His slves killed more models exploding than in any combat. The Doom Wheels and Lightning Cannons were ace, but I ground out the army in combat. Dryads can actually beat Skaven Slaves in combat, but little else. 

I also had Way Watchers fail to rally and fleer through 11 enemy units! Of course they died, but it was cool. 

• Like 1

OFCC to do list.

Spell Weaver, need to paint

BSB, Elven Steed, Need to make. I have no idea what to do for this.

Way Stalker, Bow of Loren- need to paint

7 Glade Guard w/ Musician and Trueflight Arrows - need to paint.

3 are painted, but need to be flocked.

5 Wild Riders Standard Bearer - need to fix one

8 Sisters of Thorn, Musician and Standard Bearer, Liche Bone Penant- Need to Make and Paint

6 Waywatchers -need to make and paint

Deepwood Unicorn. - need to make and paint.

Spell Weaver, painted, but I need to flock her.

BsB, I need to touch up the flocking, but he is done.

Way Stalker, I need to touch up,one section of the model and flock it.

The Glade Guard are painted and flocked.

The Wild Riders are repaired.

I need to flock the stags for the Stags of Thorn.

I need to flock the Waywatchers.

I have yet to make the Unicorn.

• Like 1

I found the unicorn, prepped it, assembled it, and used a ton of Green Stuff to assemble it. Tomorrow morning, I will spray it.

I had a good time playing and watching games tonight. Nater stomped Murphy's Luck and then was stomped by Rudra, but Rudra was hit hard by my Wood Elves. My speed overwhelmed Rudra. Rudra' speed overwhelmed Nater's. Nater's shooting beat Murphy's speed.

• Like 1