Is there anybody out there? A life check in post.

phyfor88

Hello anybody, It has been a very strange few years. Life went sideways for us all. Things are starting to start to settle. How is everyone? What is new for you. What have you been doing for hobbies to stay sane.

I have got cancer, had some major surgeries, chemo tried to kill me. I survived. I did manage to add lots of models to my collection. FOW mostly soviets, TY expanded greatly, I Even restarted battletech. I got the new starter sets and a few 3d printed mechs, I have been getting slaughtered by my son my record is 2 in 15. He loves beating the old man. My biggest gain was in terrain. I have 50 plus new buildings, 4 new gaming mats, and loads of misc new. I modified my guest room into a miniature game room, but i kept my painting desk in a room with a view. I bought a 2021 36ft travel trailer, and a 2000 f350 1ton dually. So my family can get out, yet stay socially distanced. We love it. Last year was brutal, but we are pulling thru it. Life is good, God is great.

What is going on with you?

• Like 2

[big bad swear word] ya! We're still out here.  RIGHT?!?! Thanks for putting that out there. That's all kinds of rough I don't know about, and some that I do. 

Paint the models. Post the posts. Play the games. Live the life.  

I'm bunkered up and hunkered down, waiting for a jab or two...

Then Game On! 

... Printing modern Germans... because 2A6.

image.thumb.png.2ef28249894254230fc7a28af8818374.png

WOOT ORDO!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's the creative output that is most helpful, what ever your medium or method, I think? I was good and saved(this one's still entry level). I set an achievable goal, and then did it. Little life check-points. I imagine you know a thing or two about that.  I love the idea of the Gaming Mobile HQ. Have games, will travel, away.

• Like 1

Hanging in there. Making it through.

FOW - Got done painting "Death Or Glory" squadron (flames of war Mid-War british) along with a North Africa themed Motor Squadron. Love how it came out. 

TY - got all the Poland stuff together, and halfway painted. played one game so far.

Couchpilots (Wings of Glory) - finished collecting the bombers. since Mike B. passed Nov-2019, our group is lacking the big birds, thought I would help.

Battletech, I have concentrated my collection to Kurita and Spirit Cats, got almost all my Kurita painted and based, still collecting stuff for spirit cats.

My hobbies /games have gotten soo boring (think ground hog day repetiveness) that it's been difficult to do stuff. A good thing, the Couchpilots group is gearing up for Bronze Age 28mm, I volunteered for Egyptians since I now have the terrain, paint and terrain basing appropriate for desert. coming along pretty good. Also got a bunch of greek Hoplites. This has been keeping me busy lately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZEKE said:

Hanging in there. Making it through.

FOW - Got done painting "Death Or Glory" squadron (flames of war Mid-War british) along with a North Africa themed Motor Squadron. Love how it came out. 

TY - got all the Poland stuff together, and halfway painted. played one game so far.

Couchpilots (Wings of Glory) - finished collecting the bombers. since Mike B. passed Nov-2019, our group is lacking the big birds, thought I would help.

Battletech, I have concentrated my collection to Kurita and Spirit Cats, got almost all my Kurita painted and based, still collecting stuff for spirit cats.

My hobbies /games have gotten soo boring (think ground hog day repetiveness) that it's been difficult to do stuff. A good thing, the Couchpilots group is gearing up for Bronze Age 28mm, I volunteered for Egyptians since I now have the terrain, paint and terrain basing appropriate for desert. coming along pretty good. Also got a bunch of greek Hoplites. This has been keeping me busy lately.

Sounds like you have been busy. I am really loving battletech again, I thought i would never play again after I burned out years ago.

I have gotten my first vaccine dose in and next week get my second dose. I will still need to be careful, but need get moving with more traditional fun activities again soon. Keeping my sanity is important, and I need be around people. 

Great to hear from you Zeke

• Like 2