Blood Bowl Sevens league @WOW ??

Weav

Would there be interest in a Blood Bowl Sevens league at the clubhouse? I know alternative formats are beneath ascendant players like @Frostitute, whom I'm sure will insist that once you've won a major you're above the frivolities of such silliness. @jollyork and I are bandying around about doing something in the summer that is using the newer Sevens format, but isn't as strict as a completely fixed schedule. If you're interested, please speak up! I'm tagging recent league players but even if you don't see your name, please know you're welcome. Sevens is also a great way to learn some Blood Bowl fundamentals!

@Burk@kb10r@peter.cosgrove@ROGRE@Maxwell Christian@Bosco@scotthartman@Zorcon@sbr@Ziggens@savion47@sfoster@MOONEY@Brick Bungalow@Dark Trainer@Damien@ninefinger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Trainer said:

Normally, I would be 100% for this. However, my schedule right now prevents me from much 'fun' time until after July. Work, coaching, etc.

Next time definitely would be in!

I'm not certain this would be up before July, FYI

• Like 1

A lot of chatter going on behind the scenes on this league. I think @jollyork is really hitting a home run with an open schedule that motivates people to play a variety of opponents, not just cherry pick easier matchups. Hopefully we will have something posted soon. It would be nice to have a minimum of eight players. 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:02 AM, Weav said:

Would there be interest in a Blood Bowl Sevens league at the clubhouse? I know alternative formats are beneath ascendant players like @Frostitute, whom I'm sure will insist that once you've won a major you're above the frivolities of such silliness. @jollyork and I are bandying around about doing something in the summer that is using the newer Sevens format, but isn't as strict as a completely fixed schedule. If you're interested, please speak up! I'm tagging recent league players but even if you don't see your name, please know you're welcome. Sevens is also a great way to learn some Blood Bowl fundamentals!

@Burk@kb10r@peter.cosgrove@ROGRE@Maxwell Christian@Bosco@scotthartman@Zorcon@sbr@Ziggens@savion47@sfoster@MOONEY@Brick Bungalow@Dark Trainer@Damien@ninefinger

I would be

• Like 1

@Norrad @Maxwell Christian @Amado @Brick Bungalow @Spielmannsfluch @kb10r @scotthartman @savion47 @Sgt. Rock @Burk @Weav

I'm posting this reply to send you all a notification that I'm about to post the proposed rules for the upcoming 7s league. This post should be considered an RFC (Request For Comments) to gather your feedback and questions. Once collected and collated, I will start a new thread with the final rules. 

In particular, I am looking for feedback on the dates. With summer approaching, and the quarantine ending, I imagine many people going on trips. Please let me know if you can attend the League Nights as they are key components of enjoying this season, even though coaches can play anytime and anywhere. 

• Like 2

BORDER PRINCES BASH! - 7s LEAGUE 
Rules for the Ordo Fanaticus Blood Bowl Second Season 7s League

SCHEDULE 
Season Dates: June 15 to July 13; Playoffs July 20
The league has an Open Schedule. Coaches can play as many games as they can fit into season. Coaches can play the same opponent multiple times, but note that the League Points (LPs) earned against each opponent is capped (see League Rankings). 

LEAGUE RANKINGS
Team rankings are determined by the total number of League Points (LP) earned. LPs are earned for Match Results, Bonuses, and Special Events. 

Match Results
LPs from Match Results are capped at a maximum of 11 LPs from matches against a single coach. For example, if Coach Alpha has 1 win and 2 draws against Coach Beta, Coach Alpha has 11 LPs and cannot earn any more LPs from Match Results. 
-Win: 5 LPs
-Draw: 3 LP
-Loss: 1 LP

Bonuses
LPs from Bonuses are NOT capped and can be earned for any match. For example, despite Coach Alpha having 2 wins and 1 draw against Coach Beta, they could play again and Coach Alpha would earn LPs from Touchdowns and Casualties.  
-Each touchdown scored by your players: 1 LP
-Each casualty (that earns SPP) cause by your players: 1 LP

Special Events
These are league-wide occasions determined by the Commissioner and will be advertised in advance. They could be part of a League Night Theme.

WINNING THE LEAGUE 
Following the final league night, a number of teams will be eligible for the playoffs determined by their rankings and the total number of teams in the league. 
-7 or fewer teams: the top two (2) teams will have a 1-game playoff for the championship
-8 or more teams: the top four (4) teams will have a 2-game playoff for the championship

LEAGUE NIGHTS 
There are three (3) official League Nights hosted at WOW. 
-June 15
-June 29
-July 13 
-League Night for Playoffs: August 3
Coaches may play as many games as they can fit into the duration of each League Night (approximately 5:00-9:00 PM, subject to the GN Czar’s decision). 

LEAGUE NIGHT BONUS SKILLS DRAFT 
At the conclusion of each League Night, each team will be eligible for the Bonus Skill Draft. The Commissioner will generate a draft pool with a number of Skills equal to the number of teams in the league, and each coach may draft one (1) of these Skills and assign it to any player on their roster. This is an exception to the normal 7s rules of random skill assignments. 

The draft order is determined by the number of LPs earned during League Night, with the highest number being first. Ties between teams will be broken by: Total League Points, Wins, Draws, Losses, die roll (by Commissioner). 

Note that coaches not playing on League Night will still get a draft selection, but they will all have a League Night score of zero points, broken by the tie breakers listed above. (If not all coaches attend League Night, the draft will be conducted/concluded online through the Ordo Fanaticus Forum)

LEAGUE NIGHT THEMES
Each league night will feature a theme that adds special circumstances to the matches played during the league night (and only those matches). Coaches are still free to play as many matches as they can during league night and use the theme for all of them. 

These are EXAMPLES of possible themes. No theme is guaranteed to be used, nor in any particular order. 

-Opening Night - The biggest night for fans to attend, filled with excitement for the season and hope for playoffs! Each team gets +2 Dedicated Fans for each game played during Opening Night. Additionally, if the coach brings a painted Cheerleader model, the team gets an additional +1 Dedicated Fans (for a total of +3) and a Cheerleader inducement to use for each game! 

-Mascot Night - The stitching is fresh and the outfits are zany, ready for their debut in front of the crowd. Each team gets a free Mascot Inducement (DZ page 39) for each game. Additionally, if the coach brings a painted Mascot model, the team gets two (2) Mascots for each game! 

-All You Can Eat Night - The grills are fired up and laden with patties of ground… something, and nothing attracts wizards like a buffet! Each team gets a free Wizard inducement for each game. This may be a standard Wizard or any of the special Wizards that are available based on the team’s Regional Special Rules (DZ page 22). Additionally, if the coach brings a painted Apothecary model, the team gets a free Apothecary to use for each game! 

-Pro Scout Night - The Big Leagues sent their scouts to assess the young talent, so all players are playing their very best. Any player can use the Pro (3+) skill during the games, but if they do, they count as having an additional skill for the purpose of The Draft (DZ page 96) at the end of the game. Note that the players never actually have Pro and do not retain it after league night. 

-Free Beer Night - The kegs are flowing and the players don’t mind partaking just because they have a match to play! Each team MUST use the Heady Brew inducement (DZ page 39) at the start of each drive. Note that the requirement for a player to have the Stunty trait is waived for this theme. Each team also gets a free Bloodweiser Keg inducement (BB page 90).  Additionally, if the coach brings a painted Bloodweiser Keg model, the team gets two (2) Bloodweiser Kegs to use for each game! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The dates look fine for me, although I would likely need to leave early for the first night and possibly all three nights.

To clarify, we'd be using all the rules from Death Zone? Team value and inducements, no SPPs but a random skill and possible Draft after each game (in addition to the skill draft), etc.?

I also warn you that I'm seriously considering running Snotlings, so if you award bonus LPs for causing casualties, you might need to take those little LP piñatas into account.

• Like 2

Is the deathzone book available to read at WoW?

I think I'll be in. Hopefully motivation to get painting my team(s).

Idea for a theme, Local Legend: A couple of well known players who came from the area stop by for some fun. Gain a cool player of your race? Or actual star player? I dunno just an idea.