How to have fun while losing badly

Stoobert

Number of games I've had that I didn't enjoy: 0

Number of games that I have won: 0

Seriously, my record is something like 0-20. I play with a small group of much more experienced players so I don't let it bother me. I'd much rather lose a challenging game against a pleasant opponent than allow myself to stress about an aspect of my hobby. That said, I'm a competitive guy by nature. If I feel myself getting disheartened by getting defeated I use my super-secret 3 step method. Lie, Cheat and Steal.

1) Lie. Sure the goal was supposed to be securing those three strategic points but they're firmly held by the enemy and there's no way I'm getting them back. What? Did Creed just call my Mamma fat!?! New objective, kill that sunnamabitch!

2) Cheat. Ok, you're down 12-2 in kp's and he only has 9 units left. Now's the time to move those goalposts! Set a reasonable target and work on that. If I can kill all his troops and hq's I'll call it a moral victory.

3) Steal. Remember that wicked trick that broke your army's back? Yoink, that's mine now. Remember that awesome multi-charge that neutered your force? Yoink, I'll be using that next game.

;)

Nice sound effects.  When games get silly out of hand, there's a couple of us that start making up rules for the losing player.  its pretty funny.  "Oh man you rolled a 6 for that charge, but remember that your unit has the special thing that gives you the thing, so go ahead and re roll".  First they blink at you uncomprehendingly.  Then slowly...very slowly, their hands reach for the dice and...re-roll.

Or "yeah, 2 on the pen chart, lemme see here....  Shaken.  alright so with the new FAQ, you add four; so what is that, a six?  okay so that vehicle explodes.  Pinning test time..."

Hey you gotta do something at the end of the game for the guy.  I think some people would take it the wrong way, but we think its hilarious.

• Like 2