Border Princes Bash - 7s League - Rules and Sign-Ups

jollyork

2 hours ago, savion47 said:

I was ambitious and thought I would at least give painting a try at least, but I don't see that happening before this league. Undead maybe?

Make each figure prove their worth on the pitch before you honor them with paint

• Like 1

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r

Here are the 7s roster rules (DZ p91). Let's have some fun and get some rosters posted for critique and trash talk! 
(I'll put these in the header post as well for reference) 

BLOOD BOWL SEVENS ROSTER RULES 

• TEAM DRAFT BUDGET: 600,000 gp
  • NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 7 minimum, 11 maximum
  • JOURNEYMEN: (allowed during season play), replace Loner (4+) with Loner (5+) 
  • PLAYER POSITIONS
    • LINEMEN (0-12 or 0-16 position): unlimited
    • OTHER POSITIONS AND BIG GUYS: maximum 4 (restricted by normal team roster limits) 
  • PURCHASING TEAM RE-ROLLS 
    • 0-6 re-rolls can be purchased during Team Draft  
    • Cost is double normal cost (and adds double value to Team Value) 
    • Additional re-rolls can NOT be purchased during season 
  • HIRING SIDELINE STAFF 
    • 0-3 ASSISTANT COACHES: 20,000 gp each 
    • 0-6 CHEERLEADERS: 20,000 gp each 
    • 0-1 APOTHECARY: 80,000 gp 
    • All can be purchased during season
  • DEDICATED FANS 
    • All teams start with 1 (and will never fall below 1) 
    • 0-5 additional: 20,000 gp each (only available when team is drafted) 
    • If you have not yet played BB2020, know that Dedicated Fans = income and are very important! 
  • Like 1

I'll leave my comments about disliking the way fans work now for another time. Here is what I am thinking to play.

The Brothers Stout - Dwarf

1 Troll Slayer (95)
1 Blitzer (80)
1 Runner (85)
4 Blockers (280)
+3 Dedicated Fans (60)

Total= 600

or maybe this

2 Troll Slayers (190)
1 Blitzer (80)
1 Runner (85)
3 Blockers (210)
+1 Dedicated Fan (20)

Total = 585

Leaning towards the second one because I shouldn't be losing dwarves often. Though with this rule that they might leave the team I am worried about that.

5 hours ago, Amado said:

Serious question - what's the optimal amount of Dedicated Fans when they cost 20k each and you expect to lose every game? 🤔

I’m not sure know, but it’s hard to make cash without them unless you’re a scoring machine. 

20 hours ago, Amado said:

Serious question - what's the optimal amount of Dedicated Fans when they cost 20k each and you expect to lose every game? 🤔

Well... if you plan on losing every game in 7's...  only 2.

a Dedicated Fan makes 5k a game and you lose one if you roll under the number of fans after losing a game. So the third DF, on average earns 15k before you lose him.

7 hours ago, kb10r said:

Well... if you plan on losing every game in 7's...  only 2.

a Dedicated Fan makes 5k a game and you lose one if you roll under the number of fans after losing a game. So the third DF, on average earns 15k before you lose him.

That doesn't sound wrong, but on the other hand each successive Dedicated Fan is "ablative armor" for the lower numbers, ensuring that they stick around longer to give profit.

I'm sure some Real Math (tm) could give me more information, but thinking about it, if I bought 5 extra Dedicated Fans for 100,000, the absolute worst result would be that over my first five games, I lose each match AND lose a fan factor each time. Over that period, the extra DF that I bought would still make me 75,000 gp (25+20+15+10+5) additional gold on top of the base that I'd be getting from the automatic 1 DF. If I make a few of the rolls to retain fans (which of course becomes more likely the fewer fans I have), then it seems pretty likely that the investment would at least pay for itself. Even if it didn't make a profit, at least it would even out my income stream and avoid treasury mishaps from hoarding money. (Obviously this is still not factoring in the possibility that I actually win any games.)

What this is really hammering home to me is that if Dedicated Fans cost 10k instead of 20k, they're a VERY good deal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jollyork said:

This sounds like a lot of Mathammer for Blood Bowl, not to mention Sevens. In game 1, when you lose both your best players to failed Rush rolls... you will remember what game you're playing. 

Until the league actually starts, all I can do is scheme to maximize my chances of success with a joke team that I've never used before in a tabletop dice game that I've played like ten games of in my life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, savion47 said:

undead thoughts:

1 Mummy (125)

1 Ghoul(75)

2 Wights (180)

4 Zombies (160)

4/6 Dedicated fans (I have no idea what they do, but you folks make them sound important)

Total: 600

Fans basically produce extra income after each game. They can go up and down naturally after games, too.

Do skeletons have any more value in Sevens because there's no real LOS to drop the zombies on?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amado said:

Fans basically produce extra income after each game. They can go up and down naturally after games, too.

Do skeletons have any more value in Sevens because there's no real LOS to drop the zombies on?

Perhaps, but I never painted any skeletons yet so right now I am all zombies. That might be something I could actually paint and change before the league starts. Maybe go 2 and 2 for variety and symmetry. 

4 hours ago, savion47 said:

undead thoughts:

1 Mummy (125)

1 Ghoul(75)

2 Wights (180)

4 Zombies (160)

4/6 Dedicated fans (I have no idea what they do, but you folks make them sound important)

You only have 1 guy that can pick up the ball (on a 3+).  new wights have no hands.....

4 hours ago, savion47 said:

undead thoughts:

1 Mummy (125)

1 Ghoul(75)

2 Wights (180)

4 Zombies (160)

That is exactly what I was thinking about.  I thought Necro before but I don't have any Wraiths.  Maybe I could just cut little sheets out of white cloth and put them over top of my Wights.