Border Princes Bash - 7s League - Rules and Sign-Ups

jollyork

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r @Maxwell Christian

I have created a simple Google doc for entering your team rosters and managing them during the season. Given the simplified team progression rules of Sevens, I stripped out all the fancy stuff that a lot of BBS2 rosters have built in to make is quick and easy for us to update. 

Please PM me the email address you would like a Share link sent to. It is a Google Sheet, so you will need to be able to use Google docs with that address. 

• Like 4

@Weav @Amado @savion47 @Burk @scotthartman @sbr @ninefinger @kb10r @Maxwell Christian @ROGRE

The season kickoff is quickly approaching! All of you have been sent a Share link to the Rosters doc (if you have not received it, be sure to PM me with your email address). To make sure we're all set for the season opener on June 22, and to work out any kinks with the rosters and the Draft Rules, we're having out first league Special Event: Draft Day! 

DRAFT DAY! 
Any team with a complete and legal roster entered into the Sevens League Team Roster file by June 15 11:59 PM PST will be entered into the Pre-Season Skills Draft (see LEAGUE NIGHT BONUS SKILLS DRAFT in the league rules). Since no team will have any League Points, the draft order will be random. Any team without a legal roster will not be eligible to draft a skill. Each coach may select one skill from the draft pool and assign it to any player on their team roster. 

• Like 3

Great question, and I will add this to the League Rules.

All Drafted skills are considered to be Chosen skills for Value Increases. The total Value Increase is based on the normal access for the player selected. 

Chosen Primary skill: +20,000
Chosen Secondary skill: +40,000
Chosen Unavailable* skill: +40,000

*Unavailable skill is one the player would not normally be able to get; for example, a Mutation or Trait. 

• Like 2

Alright,  The Silverspire Musket Balls will be ressurected to take part this season.

As a tangent, has anybody talked about being able to use the cursed city map components for DungeonBowl?  Seems like they could work pretty well, and theres even a deck of cards for random generation needs.

If anybody wants to get a practice game in during game night this week, let me know.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ninefinger said:

As a tangent, has anybody talked about being able to use the cursed city map components for DungeonBowl?  Seems like they could work pretty well, and theres even a deck of cards for random generation needs.

With the way GW has expanded and exploded all of their games in so many directions, including revisiting every piece of nostalgia from the beginnings of the company, I am inclined to believe the original Dungeonbowl will make a comeback, and not just the last version of "it's BB played in an underground stadium." 🙄

• Like 2

League status update: 1 day to go to get your rosters in for the first League Draft! We've seen great participation so far, with just a couple of coaches waiting until the final moments to get those rosters finalized. Other than them, we just need a team name from Burk for his Norse raiders, who are likely feeling the heat so far south of their frozen homeland. 

Looks like Amado and I will be feeding this league of bruisers with CAS points. 🙂

Coach Team Name Roster
jollyork Hope Springs Heckions Halfing
Weav Teclis'ulor Cancer Elven Union
Burk   Norse
Amado Death Bed Friendlies Snotings
kb10r Blood River Reavers Chaos Chosen
scotthartman The Brothers Stout Dwarfs
savion47 Tuxedo Titans Undead
Rogre Forever 7's Krooked Kuntz Orcs
sbr    
ninefinger Silverspire Musket Balls Shambling Undead
Maxwell Christian    

17 minutes ago, jollyork said:

League status update: 1 day to go to get your rosters in for the first League Draft! We've seen great participation so far, with just a couple of coaches waiting until the final moments to get those rosters finalized. Other than them, we just need a team name from Burk for his Norse raiders, who are likely feeling the heat so far south of their frozen homeland. 

Looks like Amado and I will be feeding this league of bruisers with CAS points. 🙂

Coach Team Name Roster
Burk   Norse
sbr    
Maxwell Christian    

Oh, I am going to have to update my team name now... something undead related... Nagash Numbskulls it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jollyork said:

Coach Team Name Roster
Burk   Norse
sbr    
Maxwell Christian    

oops. sorry.  Team name...hmm.. how about Rhaphen Pillagers

W00t! All rosters have been completed and validated! Nice work, coaches. We're already off to a great start (nevermind this is Blood Bowl and soon we'll all be whining about dice rolls and dead players). I am excited for the opening kickoff next week at Game Night. 

Coach Team Name Roster
Burk Rhaphen Pillagers Norse
Maxwell Christian Red Port Snakers Skaven
ninefinger Silverspire Musket Balls Necromantic Horror
savion47 Nagash Numbskulls Undead
sbr Keepers of the Garden Nurgle

Here is our upcoming schedule of events: 

-Tuesday, June 15: With all the rosters done, I will post the pool of skills for the first Draft today, along with the complete process for drafting. 
-Wednesday, June 16: The draft thread will open and include the draft order (random for this first pre-season draft). Coaches will post their skill selection and player assignment in the thread. 
-Thursday, June 17: I will post the Results Form instructions. This is a Google Form that must be used to submit match results for each game you play. I will share it via the same email you sent me for the Roster Sheet. 
-Tuesday, June 22: Opening Night at the Ordo Clubhouse! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quick questions about some of the possible results from the "Desperate Measures" inducement:

6 Sports Espionage: You have hired a spy to steal your opponent's playbook in order to give your team the edge. You may play this Desperate Measure when your team suffers a Turnover. Using this Desperate Measure grants your team a free team re-roll.

Is the idea that I can use that re-roll on the failed roll that caused the Turnover, or that I bank it for later? It reads like the latter, but I'm not sure why it's tied to a turnover at all in that case.

7 Discarded Banana Skin: Someone has been snacking on an energy-boosting banana. You may play this Desperate Measure when an opposing player enters the Tackle Zone of one of your players. The opposing player immediately Falls Over.

And that's a turnover for them, correct?

Yeah, they're not written well for clarity. Here's our league rulings: 

6 Sports Espionage - The free team re-roll is treated as a normal team re-roll for the duration of the game. E.g., it may be used later in the game and refreshes at halftime. The re-roll is lost at the end of the game. 

7 Discarded Banana Skin - an opponent who Falls Over is not always a turnover. E.g., when a thrown player Falls Over but was not in possession of the ball (p.54 BBSS). 

• Thanks 1

• jollyork pinned this topic
  • Weav unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, kb10r said:

Well... if you plan on losing every game in 7's...  only 2.

a Dedicated Fan makes 5k a game and you lose one if you roll under the number of fans after losing a game. So the third DF, on average earns 15k before you lose him.

OK, so here I am running some numbers on this, as I was interested.

image.png.db0cda8552a2857473e999fa069f4397.png

This shows the Net average value of each starting Fan over 8 games.

The X axis is the game number. Y axis is the Net return. The color coded lines are the starting Fans assuming the first is free.

In all cases the Net break even point is on game 3. So... other than the opportunity cost of the cash in the early game, by game 3 you are net positive in all cases. So... spend away.

28 minutes ago, kb10r said:

The X axis is the game number. Y axis is the Net return. The color coded lines are the starting Fans assuming the first is free.

In all cases the Net break even point is on game 3. So... other than the opportunity cost of the cash in the early game, by game 3 you are net positive in all cases. So... spend away.

nerd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kb10r said:

Assuming scoring 1 TD per game, you can be at Apothecary/Lineman replacement cost most efficiently with DF4. Also retains a decent chance of keeping DF4 even in a loss.