Warmaster

So Copplestone Castings’ Horse Tribe are basically just Tolkien’s Rohirim… and I love the Rohirim. In Warmaster, I’m thinking they’d work pretty well as stand ins for the Kislev rules:

Horse Tribe Cavalry and Horse Tribe Royal Cavalry (the only real difference is that one has feathers attached to their helmets) as Winged Lancers and Cossacks; use the Horse Tribe Horse Archers as Horse Archers.

Horse Tribe Foot Archers as Bowmen  and Horse Tribe Infantry as Axemen (yeah, I know the models have spears but that shouldn’t be a big problem, right?)

So here’s my rough draft of a Kislev, 1000 points list, for Warmaster Revolution

--------------------------------

400 - 4 x Winged Lancers

150 - 2 x Horse Archers

110 - 2 x Bowmen

90 - 2 x Axemen

125 - 1 x General

80 - 1 x Hero

45 - 1 x Shaman

1000 Points

Oathmark cavalry models are meant to be single 28 mm scale models on 25 x 50 mm bases; Warmaster cavalry are on 20 x 40 mm bases… which is close enough to use them on a one to one basis, I just need to kitbash some movement trays to hold them with the proper spacing. Easy.

Oathmark infantry models are meant to be single 28 mm scale models on 25 x 25 mm bases; Warmaster infantry are on 40 x 20 mm bases. I’ve already got movement trays meant to hold 20 x 20 mm based miniatures for Oathmark, so I’ll just use two 20 x 20 mm bases for each Warmaster stand like I said earlier. 

Very, very, very roughly I’m looking at the following for Oathmark using the above models. This actually leaves me with a couple of “redundant” stands: 

450 - 10 x Human Cavalry 

120 - 5 x Human Mounted Rangers

120 - 10 x Human Archers

130 - 10 x Human Spearmen

155 - 1 x Human Captain on Horse

975 Points

I’m looking at roughly $80 USD, plus shipping for this. Not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Jason and I played an exciting game of Warmaster Revolutions this past Saturday. 1,000 pts Araby vs. Bretonnia. We decided to do a random scenario per Paul Winter's tournament pack (https://www.blackgateminiatures.com/warmaster-revolutions-resources/) and rolled "Scenario 4: Battle for the Tower". Araby had the early lead with a move of light infantry and cavalry to the "tower" (the windmill, but the light infantry couldn't resist a furious counterattack led by mounted Squires and followed by a solid contingent of Men-At-Arms & Archers, who took over the objective, albeit contested by nearby Araby Knights. The casualties were terrible! With scenario points tied 3 vs. 3, the outcome of the whole battle came down to the Battle of the Hill, fought between a very tired Elephant against well-worn Pegasus Knights & Hero. With both the Elephant and Pegasus Knights succumbing to their wounds, both armies broke simultaneously, giving each +4 scenario points and ending the game on a draw! 

Araby 1000.JPG

Araby turn 1 end.JPG

Battle for the Hill.JPG

Bretonnia 1000.JPG

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, offroadfury said:

Awesome report man! There’s a good grudge happening between your two forces! Gorgeous little armies too!

I have about half my Norse already, the others are on their way from excellent minis but being international shipping who knows when lol

I think my UK minis took about a month in the spring. Jason and I were brainstorming which armies would be naturally suited to the Tower scenario - I think that your Huscarls would have done very 👍

• 2 weeks later...

So my order from Russia was considered lost some time ago; Ordered in April, and after dealing with the post office and fighting with a very unaccommodating seller, I was able to get a refund. Discouraged, I decided to throw some paint the models I HAD received from a US seller (WIP here), only to have Instagram assure me that my prints were kinda bad.

4VVHIgdJ7YGbkpSeBnL2c0TeEBl8WBGwTXMBoh2BS83BEzJDqgq8MY3nixf_EnpW45U8_4ASVGsdh6MxFTrWtow1HGEBx_RaFhRJvyv3W_4T2MM-9M1ytqsn8cC1DTDEYckziZKTUBsC_x9oLJAWKkL7dIYhyStG70zmq2TbFKcB0NoWWyo0od6L3db8d7Cps6DNF7DD_yLuZIU6NFUlAViG3uy9NfhqfTtuTqF3nsGbklQz12NwS4WvYnQimL5eLlj9Zq1w1YAHf7Mknp2P9qs6_cbUCqiqv2wn7d2nLGj2zTToLEPnT5IEfSCPBMj-K1ylB-qvu8saki1QLGyJXbSr6-shZROGlNttxiX6AWx8IgfMaPmHF4vSbOmTkI6_7v_Jv-r1FagDGayKDFWO4ylxcBswQa8dNk2niVymZPUyHLRT9ZHZc72OgRIR95J2vAsbeT6SqrQBeBYwaqsSvOb0EjzcJlVoILCebArhN5LCGbbJzkonUdu_AD_LbdM4_YpvJJz-qzF8jwGBVl0URb2Lb2ftfZky4Yn3OYjQGC8fbWlw-nq3nibRrYuBgnJu1BURt3BLFvm2FIsRwW34aUXwZzcWpyxhVz_ZXMsRbCosmV6gEsRkdExMh7qSuPfyE1LM8wkS6c9WSTSc9kr6ecs2P41dY0JH9VsrkzVRVrCxlcPAw3UzTQ7wPjAoPyOpH7MLRMi0zlAbcRU7GmfCOYuq0g=w1392-h799-no?authuser=0

Discouraged, I did the only reasonable thing... placed a large order through Excellent Miniatures. I've heard good things, I'll report once I get them in.

1 hour ago, offroadfury said:

Bummer, hope you got your money back!

did you buy one of the Excellent Minis army deals?

Yeah, PayPal refunded me. I knew they would, but it was too bad I couldn't figure out some compromise with the seller, since he just chose to be obstinate.

I thought about going with an army deal, but since I already have a bunch of Zombies / Skeletons, I decided to use them (for now at least, even if they aren't the best quality) and fill in the other gaps in my army. 

• 4 weeks later...

High Elves visited coastal Araby at Mox Boarding House last week. 1000 pts, Battle for the Tower scenario. Araby started by taking a forest to the left and an Elven village-colony to the right, and placing archers on a hill overlooking the objective. High Elves pushed past a Mirage and took up a strong position with infantry at the tower, while applying grinding pressure on the Araby left inside the forest, and piece-trading against the Elephants on the Araby right. In the end, the High Elves firmed up their control of their colony while Araby leaders returned to their city to rethink their relations.

20211026_211634.jpg

20211026_212716.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, offroadfury said:

Nice report! I got a grudge against those elephants! 

I’m wanting to get some more games in, what’s a good way for all of us to connect easier? A group chat? Discord?

Maybe the Ordo Discord? Or I'm not opposed to having something separate, maybe even a WhatsApp group?

So I realized I never posted about this, after I posted the above picture and was bummed about having received essentially "misprints," I went through the rest of my prints and discovered that almost all of them were actually good! It looks like I just happened to pull out and start painting the one units of misprints.

• 2 weeks later...

Norse appeared on Araby's dry shores hoping to score some easy treasure. Araby met the raiders in a Meeting Engagement, where both sides deployed in an "L". The Norse advanced first, using their cavalry to destroy Araby's Magic Carpets in the town square, and easily advancing into Araby's cavalry brigade. With Berserker joining the battle for the town, the Desert Cavalry were scattered and the Knights beleagued. Miraculously, the armour of the Knights held against the Norse charges, and pursued became the pursuers. A countercharge by the Elephants and Guards motivated the Norse raiders to seek easier targets elseware. The Sheik breathed a sigh of relief and uttered a prayer for the good work of the Knight's armorsmith.

20211106_123605.jpg

20211106_143428.jpg

20211106_143718.jpg

20211106_123206.jpg

20211106_123255.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AndrewW said:

@Ish hey Ish! Cromaty Forge has a great range of dwarves that is licensed by US and European casters and printers. Do you think that they'll be able to reach my throw rugs? Maybe a stepstool is called for? 😉

I’m planning to order those and have @scottshoemaker print them for me. But working two retail jobs during the holidays has eaten my brain… 

• 2 weeks later...

The Great Dodecahedron of Xionoxerses sat atop the modest wizard's tower at the edge of a tiny village, glowing orange with rich magical energy. It drew Vampire Counts, Norse and Araby armies, desperate for control of the artifact "at any cost". Armies deployed per Winterroller Meeting Engagement rules. Control of the artifact and the end of each round grants 1 scenario point. Game ends when one army breaks. EARLY GAME. Norse move supported Huscarls to take the objective. Counts move up their twin Skeleton and Zombie brigades, and contest the objective with Fell Bats. Araby move very cautiously towards the undead. MID GAME. Counts assault Norse positions en mass with combined cavalry, Skeletons and Raise Dead but are driven back by the mighty Huscarls. Zombie advance on Araby is pushed back by shooting from Flying Carpets and Desert Cavalry. LATE GAME. Norse continue pursuit of Skeletons and break the Vampire Count force. Since the objective was contested throughout, the game ended as a draw.

20211212_094703.jpg

20211212_100737.jpg

20211212_101011.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Warmasters, we are holding a tournament here in the Portland Metro Area!

Introduction. Join the Warmaster community in Portland, Oregon, USA, for a friendly tournament. New players are more than welcome!

Title: The Portland Warmaster Tournament 2022
When: February 12, 2022, 9AM to 6PM
Where:  Gongaii Games, 10200 SW Allen Blvd # A, Beaverton, OR 97005, USA

Rules. Warmaster Revolution Compendium v1.1. http://www.wm-revolution.com/ . We will be using all the Optional Rules: Moving After Failed Command, First Order, Charging Flyers, Partially Defended Units, Flank/Rear Charge and Pursuit, Scouting, Advanced Terrain Rules, Light Cavalry.

Armies. Warmaster Revolutions Armies v1.1. http://www.wm-revolution.com/ Notes that that we will not be permitting Wood Elves to use extra woods: Wardancers will remain so.

Army List. 1000 point army created on the Warmaster Army Selector ("Revolutions" tab). http://wm-selector.appspot.com/

Model & Painting. Armies must be removed from sprues and supports and mounted on correct bases, but don't need to be painted. Token armies are acceptable if printed from https://ordinarygaming.blogspot.com/.../warmaster... and based correctly. Proxied armies are not allowed.

Prizes For.
"Best General" - The attendee that accumulates the most Tournament Points.
"Best Table" - The attendee that brings the best looking mat & scenery
"Best Army Appearance" - The attendee with the most attractive army overall.

How to Register. Message @offroadfury for payment instructions. Those that have paid $10 are considered registered and their spot is guaranteed. No refunds, as we will be purchasing supplies well in advance of the event.

Venue Details. Gongaii Games is an independent game store and comfortable place to play. When you arrive, come into the store and follow the signs to the event space. Free parking is available on-site.

Food. The registration fee includes a warm lunch. Please note any strong allergies at the time of registration (and no less than 1 week before the event) so we can plan the menu accordingly.

Matches.
*Three matches; random pairings without repetition.
*First match will be "Pitched Battle".
*2nd and 3rd games will be random scenarios.
*Outcome of each game will be decided through standard Victory Points plus bonus points for breaking the opponents and achieving scenario objectives.
*Games will end when one player concedes, one army withdraws, whether by loss of general, reaching its break point, or when a player runs out of time (75min on chess clock, including deployment).

Tournament Scoring.
*Each match will provide a player one of the following, selecting the lower value in case of ambiguity:
*Major Victory = 3 Tournament Points (TPs) = one player has double the Victory Points of their opponent
*Standard Victory = 2 TPs = the difference in Victory Points is equal or greater than 100
*Tie = 1 TP = the difference in Victory Points is less than 100
*Loss = 0 TP = not enough Victory Points for a tie or victory.

Event Schedule.
09:00 Arrival
09:15 Tournament Organizer reviews tournament rules, assigns games
09:30-12:00 First game
12:00 Warm Lunch
12:30-03:00 Second Game
03:15-05:45 Third Game
05:45 Award ceremony
07:00 Informal dinner at a local public house - spouses and partners welcome

We look forward to seeing you at our tournament!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome to hear dude! So far we have Araby, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves and Norse.

Any of us are down for a game. Feel free to message any of us here with your times available and we’ll make something happen!

Also if you happen to have an FB account join the Warmaster group and you can find the official roster count for the event.

https://m.facebook.com/events/347817797190216/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

• Like 1