Did Covid Kill The Club?

Shawn has about the right of it. Looking forward to my legions burying their head in the sand as they get gaffed by elephants.

I’m not certain that COVID killed the club so much as further decentralized the disparate gaming cells that had already become of the Warhamsters. Most games happen at home tables, which has its benefits. I don’t necessarily mind the DT table charge from a business standpoint, but I wonder if it will hinder community development.

I am looking forward to getting more games (all the games!) in with everybody now that things are getting a bit better.

Gabe! Get back up here! We are still playing 9th Age but the momentum has definitely slowed. The Portland crew are a bunch of worthy souls that you would do well to game with.

I enjoyed their company at March to War so much that I planned to lure them up here with a tournament that never materialized. (That I will blame on COVID) Maybe now is the time to rise to the occasion and return the favor by hosting a T9A event here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:55 PM, Ser Warwick said:

Gabe! Get back up here! We are still playing 9th Age but the momentum has definitely slowed. The Portland crew are a bunch of worthy souls that you would do well to game with.

I enjoyed their company at March to War so much that I planned to lure them up here with a tournament that never materialized. (That I will blame on COVID) Maybe now is the time to rise to the occasion and return the favor by hosting a T9A event here?

Hey that’s great to hear! I’ll definitely get in touch with them when I’m up next month or so. And certainly will make a pilgrimage to Bellingham for a tourney.

just played my first in person game of 9th age in well over a year and it definitely reawakened something. The hobby bug is back!

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.