Summer of the Artificier June Progress Thread

Jay

• Jay pinned this topic

Hey there, 

I’m a bit late to the party but I set a goal for myself and in less than a week I managed to get my whole army painted! At least with the base coat and some of the red accents! My goal for the rest of the month is to paint my telemon when it comes in with the same. If possible I’d like to get more fine details on at least my terminators. 

https://imgur.com/a/ki4Dml8

Except for three of them which were spray painted, the rest were grey of shame. I didn’t like the spray paint to I ended up hand painting the rest and adding more shading to the spray painted ones to make the colors match better. 

• Like 2

Didn’t get to apply any color yesterday :(, but primed a bit more to make further progress today. Started to work out a plan to actually finish the set in a month. Cursed city has the same weird issue blackstone does - wtf am I doing with bases to make them coherent with the changing game tiles. 

31903E99-E535-498F-87BB-97D982DD5258.jpeg

• Like 2

Trying a new technique I've named "zenithal weathering" -- by leaving a model on a shelf for a really long time, I slowly build up an initial layer of dust that adds an authentic lived-in feel to the model. You can see the effect best on the primed trukks in the pic below.

IMG_0362.thumb.jpeg.53fd263db8dd62ce2ecb4e51fff9f5bc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring for this, since I actually have some painting mojo going on right now.

On my workbench right now, what I'd like to get done by the end of the month:

z84ZC8X.jpg?1

-Finish up my Taurukh Anointed for my Children of Slish (Infernal Dwarves) 9th Age army. This army project is reactivated, some new posts coming to my hobby blog soon 🙂. The mounts are mostly done, as is the unit champ, but the rest all need work + basing.

-5 Chainrasps for my Nighthaunt army. These are mostly just primer + basing materials glued down, with some metals blocked in.

-Emperor's Children Obliterator. Still blocking in colors for this one, hardest part was finding the right purple / pink color that I liked for his armor (this was my 3rd attempt).

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ish said:

I'm stupidly excited to see the glistening horde of Rhaexorog emerge from underneath whatever rotten log they've been napping under. It's an amazing and ambitious project. I'm officiallyt a fanboy for your evil snails.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm excited to get the project going again, I had a ton of fun putting it together and I'm eager to get it painted!

On 6/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Salty Soviet said:

I’m a bit late to the party but I set a goal for myself...

he says in the second post of the thread....

I'm setting the goal of getting a 7s team built and painted for the upcoming blood bowl league.  Box of Necromantic Horrors arrived yesterday, so i'll be hoping to assemble and prime them tonight at GN

• Like 3