Summer of the Artificier June Progress Thread

Jay

On 6/15/2021 at 5:43 AM, ninefinger said:

he says in the second post of the thread....

I'm setting the goal of getting a 7s team built and painted for the upcoming blood bowl league.  Box of Necromantic Horrors arrived yesterday, so i'll be hoping to assemble and prime them tonight at GN

36A995B1-563E-41C1-92B3-A78984F3DC4B.thumb.jpeg.46ebe11354f8c356e1e55d6a1ca99394.jpegD6D9D217-3369-43F9-A53B-C3F05F5406A5.thumb.jpeg.62f0ccbe1e00ea26b7275e935d7db090.jpeg

8 models assembled, plus reroll markers and turn markers.   Everything magnetized, for transport and play, including a pair of balls.  

filled in the slotta bases with green stuff, and will add some gravel texture before the end.

Priming and painting as much as I can this weekend.

• Like 8

I've been dealing with pneumonia since last week, so I haven't felt much like hobbying, but I have starting to turn the corner and feel better, so hopefully I can knock at least some of my goals out before July! 

Finished my Emperor's Children Obliterator, or at least calling him good for now. Was a lot of fun to paint, and I must be some kind of sadomasochist because I'm looking forward to painting the other two for the unit!

NySV3Ng.jpg

IBvr1h4.jpg

• Like 6

I’m going to set myself an ambitious project that will span both July and August. I’ve been hyping Oathmark since it was first announced. But now that the plague is beginning to wane, several of us are planning on actually playing!

Oathmark can be played as one-off games, but it really shines in campaign format where each player builds a unique kingdom.  So we’re all doing that… and I’m literally building the kingdoms:

ABCBE8FB-06DA-416E-8271-7072CDE8059F.thumb.jpeg.0015eeadd1662f269103844696909c22.jpeg

The total board will be made up of about 200 tiles (11 columns, fourteen to fifteen hexes tall; plus “filler” partial tiles around the edges). I’ve got 40 full tiles printed, half of them painted, and a lot more to go…

• Like 4

I don't really know what I'll be painting this summer so I cannot set a goal for myself just yet.

However, this week I finally did complete a goal I set for myself: paint all my miniatures! 

After many many years, my backlog of unpainted miniatures has finally gone from hundreds to 0 with the completion of these 2 terrain pieces, a couple of desert-themed ruins:

June1.JPEG

This is a set of ruins from PegasusJune2.JPEGJune7.JPEG

And this is a set of Sector Imperialis Ruins from GWJune3.JPEG

Here are some photos of my terrain with my Tallarn Imperial Guard and my Nostroman 9th Renegades and Heretics Chaos MilitiaJune16.JPEGJune28.JPEGJune20.JPEGJune16.JPEGRocketGirlandScope.JPEGJune23.JPEG

I wonder what project I'll work on next? I'll make a pledge here once I've figured out what my next project is.

At any rate, I'll stick to completing 1 project before starting the next one.

Enjoy the pictures!

• Like 7

Hey guys! Great to see all the hobby work. So many creative people in our club! 

Remember to qualify for the end of summer drawing you will need both a stated goal and a final progress report each month. I would like to see at least one picture of your project. It doesn’t have to be finished just shared. I will make a participants list in the main thread. 

• Like 5

• Jay unpinned this topic