RUMOR: Bretonnians Mid July

The prettiest and fluffiest army around. I'd love see some throwbacks like wedge formations, a total lack of warmachines, peasant rabble and so forth. Less interested in implausibly large chariot or monster kits or weird characters with special rules. 

I liked the impetuous charge rule in the last book. I think it would be neat if each class of knight had a characteristic liability as well as a special advantage. Nothing game breaking. Just something to distinguish their uniqueness and maybe knock them down a few points. More troops = More fun. 

• Like 1

I think it should break down thusly

- get rid of the prayer. It's fluffy but ridiculous and removes tactical options.

- give all knights devastating charge.

- give peasants "life is cheap" they don't cause panic.

- increase peasant WS to 3

- change vows to apply to knight units they join, but reduce amount.

- add magonels, scorpions and arbalests. Units of str 4/5 bolt throwers would be great.

- add foot knights unit

• Like 1

I think it should break down thusly

- get rid of the prayer. It's fluffy but ridiculous and removes tactical options.

- give all knights devastating charge.

- give peasants "life is cheap" they don't cause panic.

- increase peasant WS to 3

- change vows to apply to knight units they join, but reduce amount.

- add magonels, scorpions and arbalests. Units of str 4/5 bolt throwers would be great.

- add foot knights unit

I'm pretty sure peasan'ts don't cause panic in knight units.

Applying the vows to knight units isn't very knightly.  So, a cheap unit of errant's get HKB?

The prayer ability is amazing.  If you don't want the ward save then don't pray, it's pretty simple.

I would love to see a unit of knights on foot!

Vows would be more like this imho

Vow of the Quest Perilous

Relentless in their pursuit of the world's most deadly challenges and glory these knights have become adept monster hunters throughout the old world and inspire their men to fear no enemy.

Models who take this vow gain multiple wounds d3 rule and grant any unit they join immune to fear, terror and panic.

Or

Vow of Heroic Ideals

The knight who takes this vow is a paragon of chivalry and honor and all who look upon him are granted a portion of his virtue

The bearer of this vow must always issue and accept challenges. The bearer of this vow gains killing blow in challenges. If the character joins a unit the unit is granted +1 Leadership, but may not flee as a charge reaction.

Probably not. I expect almost no work to go into this book as far as creativity or redesign. Look at dwarves its a virtual copy pasta of the old book with a few new toys and points adjusting.

This is my FOR REALZ predictions

- additional army wide rule

- points adjustment across board

- New knights on foot unit in plastic as a combo kit. Expect ten for 55+ dollars

- rebox of Pegasus knights

- additional plastic box of unseen unit type ( my guess is grail guardian knights / fey knights box )

- three plastic characters

My WISH List for the new units I predict

Knights on Foot- Combo kit to have shield/morningstar/handweapon option or great weapon option. Heavy armor with appropriate unit type special rule.

Grail Knight/Fey Knights

Grail knights as before, with improved blessing save (2+/4++ unit champs with magical attacks)

Fey Knights

Knights with Ethereal Move , MR 2,and Ambush. Armed with with hearthwood lance(magic KB on charge)

• 1 month later...

I heard that the release date for bretonnians has been pushed back to chaos dwarfs.

No, Forge World is to busy with 30k for that now.

Last I heard they pushed the date back due to "issues". (In other words GW is having a normal day with releasing its 40K stuff with no set backs. #cough#)

Honestly GW and FW just need to be real and rename their companies 40k whore mongers. They realized they can slap "40k" on a pink pony and players will buy out the release just to keep up with the Joneses.

In all honesty if the released a pink pony as a model heck yea i would buy it. 

No, Forge World is to busy with 30k for that now.

Last I heard they pushed the date back due to "issues". (In other words GW is having a normal day with releasing its 40K stuff with no set backs. #cough#)

Honestly GW and FW just need to be real and rename their companies 40k whore mongers. They realized they can slap "40k" on a pink pony and players will buy out the release just to keep up with the Joneses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That happened like a week or two ago, but no one expects a book soon. I don't think we will see any Army Books till 9th and after the final End Times book.

With everything happening I am not sure what Army Books are going to look like. Might go back to Combined Chaos in one book and same with Elves and Humans.

All we can do is wait and enjoy The End Times as it all unfolds.