Casual Play (need help)

Lyraeus

6 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

I play Brian, he isn't a hard core gamer BUT he wants to improve and gets better with every game. That makes me want to play him more. It's fun to watch his growth and what he will come up with next.

To watch that mixmash of fun playstyle plus the desire to be a better player. Not just for competitive play or anything but for normal games as well.

What I mean is, you have to decide for yourself what you want from a game. Regardless of the outcome, remaining sportsmanly is critical. You claim that's hard for you sometimes. That's just a personal thing rather than a community/opponent aspect.

Being open to all players will expand your horizons is what I'm saying. 

If you are open to both sides, then I don't see a reason for the thread, as it would mean you already understand it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Playing with friends is always the best time. I recall quite fondly getting friends into WFB and the fun games we all had learning together and enjoying that pace.

Many a song of glory (and a fair few tales of woe) were woven into the tapestry of history upon the field’s of Mariah’s basement ping pong table.

Many a hero, stalwart and true (and a fair few villains, craven and cowardly) did shed their pewter life’s blood upon the goblin green flock’d styrofoam hills crafted in my garage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tallarn Commander said:

One solution is to play Chaos Space Marines. When I show up at a venue and someone wants a game once they learn I play CSM they often say, "Oh, you play Chaos Marines, let me tone down my list by taking out units X and Y."

As a result the games are more balanced and fun. 😊

HAHAHA until you find that person who enjoys smashing your face in.

I think CSM can be fun to play against. Games done need to be insta defeats. Just something interesting. That is the most difficult to achieve though

• Like 1