Ordo Fanaticus Necromunda Campaign Chapter 1 (Fall 2021)

scottshoemaker

NecromundaF21.jpg.ab89da0bec3af4a9ccf14b53e4aa34d6.jpg++++ message Attention Priority ƳƇŦ ++++++

- Agent Δelta 634 Φ -

Operatives in Sector 3441.14, the region known as Cassandra’s Reach, have categorized the area as of Heightened Interest Lτ. Unidentified agents seem to be searching the area for as of yet unidentified targets. Leaving these operations as <unknown> has been deemed unacceptable by Council leadership. Additionally, the region has been recognized as underdeveloped, with opportunity for expansion and exploitation.

Full force operations have been deemed inadvisable at this time. Act to influence the region clandestinely, and rely on local gang leadership for any in person operations.

Local hostile elements are anticipated to be under resourced and of negligible threat. Any detection of rival elements of threat designation Λμ-58 or higher should be reported immediately, with operations shifting into contingency 832, upon approval.

-Ҝҩ

++++ message ends ++++

The juve looked on expectantly, the green glow of the dataslate reflecting off their scratched goggles. “What do you think, Boss? I swear the info is good. I pulled it out of what was left of the skinny freak after that web spitter was done sucking them dry. No reason to expect they’d have any idea we’re onto their plans”

• Like 4

The Ordo Fanaticus Necromunda Campaign Chapter 1 will be an overly ambitious, narrative driven, map campaign, arbitrated by @Ninefinger. Reserve your spot now to test your gang’s mettle, and join in the exploration of Cassandra’s Spoil, for fun and profit.

Starting gangs will start at 800 Credits, as outlined in ‘Gangs of the Underhive’ or any ‘House of…’ book, with the notable exception that Leaders are NOT recruited at this time. Recruting Brutes, Hangers On, Hired Guns, Bounty Hunters, etc are not allowed at this time. Players have access to their house lists.

Territories are not generated with the excepting of an Outpost, which replaces the Standard settlement. As this is a new area of the hive, territories will organically grow as the campaign progresses. Take care, as supplies and replacement gangers are in limited supply. This is the frontier, so the houses aren't willing to invest until the region is explored. Likewise, independent hivers aren't willing to risk their lives on an untamed region. No trader is going to set up shop for a handful a gangers in some unexplored hole.

Leaders will begin the campaign ‘Masked’, and will act behind the scenes to influence things during the Campaign Phase. Gangs may take part in two Gang Raid style missions each campaign cycle.

During the Campaign Phase, gang champions will explore the Underhive, revealing territories on a hex map. Campaign boons, income and xp will be earned by all gang members by exploiting territories near the gang’s Outpost.

Missions will be gang raid style, generally 1/3 of the gang involved.  Balance and bodies is recommended, as it will be randomly determined who's involved for a particular mission. If you've played Warcry you'll be familiar.

A campaign cycle is two weeks, giving lots of time to get two games in. Additional games are encouraged with special missions in process to allow folks to play without disruption the overall balance. Expect all-in community games and other events to help shape the campaign.

Community participation will grow the campaign, and as such the "Reach" will attract NPCs and settlers wanting a fresh start. Boon or bust, that depends on the players.

Chapter 1 starts October 12 and runs through Dec 21.

• Like 6

Awesome intro! I am playing Slave Ogryns, which may or may not be exceptionally affected by the non-standard setup rules you outlined. I don't have enough experience with the modern rules or the gang to know, though I suspect not having a Leader will be challenging. Anyhoo, we came here to crump some rivets, not whine! 

• Like 1

• Jay pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, Swensos83 said:

If you (or I) have a Cawdor gang, but no leader, can the gang still use Articles of Faith? Any ganger can use an article in a Path, but you pick the Path when you recruit your leader. Asking for a friend...

I haven't read the Cawdor book, but this is an excellent question.  Before we commit to the "no leader" rule, we should evaluate whether any gangs would be unfairly penalized by it. 

44 minutes ago, Swensos83 said:

If you (or I) have a Cawdor gang, but no leader, can the gang still use Articles of Faith? Any ganger can use an article in a Path, but you pick the Path when you recruit your leader. Asking for a friend...

Okay, I just looked over the rules.  From what I can see, that's an easy fix where we can just have you choose the Path during gang creation.  We can even say your leader did that before he (or I guess she) went off to work behind the scenes.  As long as any ganger can use the Articles of Faith without a leader present, there should be no problems (from what I can see).

• Like 2

Would anyone be willing to run me through a quick learning game or two? I'd like to give Necromunda another try, and the way you've outlined this campaign is like an injection of pure heroin straight into my jugular, but I want to make sure that I'm going to enjoy the game itself before I invest my limited cash flow into a gang and books.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Would anyone be willing to run me through a quick learning game or two? I'd like to give Necromunda another try, and the way you've outlined this campaign is like an injection of pure heroin straight into my jugular, but I want to make sure that I'm going to enjoy the game itself before I invest my limited cash flow into a gang and books.

For sure - scotty or I should be able to give you some games, if you don’t catch anyone else.

ive also got tons of extra Necromunda models, (though not fully painted), so let me know where your interest lies and I’ll be happy to throw some together as a loaner for as long as needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome, I can try to come in on Tuesday after work. I'm coming from Camas, so it'll probably be around 4:30 at the earliest; are we still opening the club around 6?

I'm chiefly interested in Orlocks; they've always been the ones I've liked the flavor of the most (though if I could get my hands on a full gang of the classic Delaques, when they were just regular bald dudes in trench coats, I'd love to use those. But the Orlocks are more accessible.)

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Swensos83 said:

Good catch.  Yeah, Josiah has the right track - another way of thinking about it is you're recruiting a leader, and can make any decisions you would normally make, but you're not revealing their cost, stats, etc to the other gangs at large.    Buy a leader, make them cost 200 credits with equipment '????', and include them, and your gang is a normal 1000 credit gang otherwise.

12 hours ago, Swensos83 said:

We’ve been there for blood bowl around 5:30 or earlier. Also, mindtaker has a bunch of classic Delaques. A bunch. 

I know. I work there. 😉 I might go for them, though they need a tiny bit of work. If we hadn't just sold off the MASSIVE lot of classic Eschers to some dude in Poland, I'd buy those...

• Like 1