New Custodes Units Images Leaked !!!

Tao Tsê-Mung

• 1 month later...

Is this a joke I don't understand (well yes, some of this is for sure jokes that are too old for someone who's only played for 20 years to understand) But those images...is that real?

What is happening to that dude struggling so hard on the stairs?

It looks like he's shredding an ACL and MCL at the same time his hand is being devoured by his fanny pack. For sure, stairs are tricky. I've never seen a living creature fail so miserably at stairs that they were at risk of losing both legs and a hand.

Like he tripped but rather than taking an embarrassing tumble, he just fell into the house collapsing in on itself in poltergeist. 

These fellas are, by some accounts, the emperor's elite, if I'm not mistaken?

If 6 stairs cause a minimum of 3 career ending injuries per attendant traversing them, then the imperium stands no chance. They bought a metric [big bad swear word]load of stairs and the best of the best get vomit-inducingly maimed by them. Bad business.

Now I see where the 1000 psykers a day come into play. 999 of them end up in a disfigured mess at the bottom of a small handful of stairs, and that one lucky bastard who steps over their mangled bodies ends up getting his soul sucked out. 

The emperor protects. Or he forgets to put out a "slippery when wet" sign...

16 hours ago, Munkie said:

this a joke I don't understand (well yes, some of this is for sure jokes that are too old for someone who's only played for 20 years to understand) But those images...is that real?

It’s a joke, a bit of a multi-layered one. In the popular fan-animation If the Emperor Had A Text-to-Speech Device there are a trio of recurring characters who look like these models. The trio are made using edited art from the manga JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, taking some of the ridiculously muscle-bound characters from that series and sticking Custodes helmets on them. This is, in turn, based on the old Rogue Trader era depiction of the Adeptus Custodes has musclebound and unarmored.

image.jpeg.bd07e4a4955e5f0e5ab68e8efda0c848.jpeg

JoJo’s Pillarmen (above) Rogue Trader Custodes (below)

image.jpeg.dca436d425b805752553be64f4e6a29b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1