Saga Tournament at Dice Age, December 18th

Nick!

Hello Saga maniacs!

The Turbo Chicken Gaming Society will be hosting a 1 day Saga Tournament "Christmas Slay" at Dice Age on December 18th.

Age of Vikings, 5 point armies, maximum 1 unit of mercenaries, no legendaries. There will be 3 games, going from noon to 7pm.

No Entrance Fee, although supporting our gracious hosts will be much appreciated.

We will be complying with all mask mandates in place from the government and Dice Age Staff.

December 18th: Be there, or...uhhh, be elsewhere, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:43 PM, Koyote said:

Why 5 points?

How many spots are available?

What kind of turn out are you expecting?

I'm told 5 points is intended to keep the games a little bit faster so that we can complete 3 games by day's end. We'll probably get a clearer picture of turnout as more people chime in yea or nay over the next couple of weeks. Our regular saga meetups bring 4 to 6ish people. So if I were to spitball a guess, I'd expect 5 people who I see a lot of plus a couple of less familiar faces.

13 hours ago, Koyote said:

Is there a tournament packet detailing the rules and the 3 scenarios?

If not, then aside from boards, dice, counters, rules, and minis, do I need to bring anything else, such as objective markers or baggage models?

Only painted warbands?

Is there a webpage?

There is no packet yet- just to confirm, its 5 fixed points (although you can pick equipment on deployment, as usual), age of vikings, 1 mercenary, no legendaries, OFNE is okay.

You do not need to bring baggage or objective markers.

Yes, must be painted.

No webpage- we hang out on a discord, if you would like an invite.

4 hours ago, Nick! said:

There is no packet yet- just to confirm, its 5 fixed points (although you can pick equipment on deployment, as usual), age of vikings, 1 mercenary, no legendaries, OFNE is okay.

You do not need to bring baggage or objective markers.

Yes, must be painted.

No webpage- we hang out on a discord, if you would like an invite.

I'm not looking forward to the drive, but barring pestilence, snow, or flood, my plan is to attend.  This will give me some much need practice with my Irish.

I'm trying to talk one of my Saga buddies into attend as well  He plays Vikings and recently moved to Gig Harbor.

Go ahead and PM the Discord invite.

1534797209.0046-smiley.gif

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looked like a fun tourney - hope everyone had fun. I dropped in with my son around 1:30 to see things finishing up on round #1. I thank you for putting up with gawkers.

I went home and finished working on my factions - got to do some basing then some priming - but the game looked fun and I think I have convinced my son to give it a go.

-d

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Torg said:

Looked like a fun tourney - hope everyone had fun. I dropped in with my son around 1:30 to see things finishing up on round #1. I thank you for putting up with gawkers.

I went home and finished working on my factions - got to do some basing then some priming - but the game looked fun and I think I have convinced my son to give it a go.

-d

Nice!  We are getting a bunch of stuff going for 2022.  Viking Age will be once a month on Monday evenings at Dice Age, Age of Magic at Mox (day TBD), and age of crusades at my place starting January 29th.

It will be the year of Saga!

• Like 3