Help checking a website

JMGraham

If you wouldn't mind, could you take a look at http://worldsmithindustries.com/ and let me know what you think? I THINK stuff is ready to go, but could use another set of eyes. Of course, you're welcome to place an order if you like (though I can't promise it won't explode!), but I don't want to publicize it before I give it another once-over. 

Any feedback is appreciated!

• Like 1

My only critique would be concerning the "Coming Soon" section having 'Out of Stock' on the images on the main page.  Yes, you can click on them and see the finished product and the mock ups.  I'm not sure if you can remove the store option from that section, or if it is just the easiest approach on your end.  Otherwise, seems pretty solid.  Didn't have any links crash on me (mind you, I didn't click every link).  Does WI have a Facebook page yet?  Perhaps a social network link to it would be good.  Although, to the same point, having the customer base have that much access to "voicing their complaints" can be a negative thing at times.

Cheers!

I could definitely remove the "coming soon" from the front page if need be. May even be able to remove the "sold out" from across the tiles - I'll look into it. My thought was that it would be a nice way to  show stuff that I was working on (and occasionally offer the odd cast for sale).

I started a FB page, but then realized that I REALLY suck at keeping up to date with social media. I figured better not to have a page than to have a page I never use. I do have the page reserved if needed, however.

Hello there,

As a previous poster stated, the background does make the monitor / screen appear dirty.  Plus, would some color work to entice folks, perhaps?  I know simpler sometimes is better but TOO spartan might seem just... I dunno, "meh?"  I can't describe what I'm thinking, my apologies.

My son and I positively love the fact that we'll be able to order direct.  Very excited for you and this wonderful opportunity!  Congratulations!

Stay safe,

don

What stands out to me is how the "yellow" resin doesnt show the detail like the grey does on the website,  some of the items are in yellow, but most in grey.  I dont think the yellow pics shows off the product well enough and your sales my lag on those because of it, I would recommend taken a picture in grey if possible.

Maybe y'all should clean your monitors? Or maybe the subtle, speckled paper texture I like so much shows up like crap on many monitors. I'd like to avoid bright color and to stick with as minimalist a design as possible. I'll probably try white or a very light grey. Maybe I can find a better paper texture. Will try and get something up there tonight.

The off-white resin will definitely be replaced as I cast new stuff. I agree - It makes a huge difference in how well it captures detail.

It sounds like, design issues aside, no one's having any difficulty with functionality? Is it weird to only have limited quantities in stock at a given time? I don't want to fall in the trap of small companies that take orders for things they don't have in stock, where they create backlogs and anger customers with delays. Do I need a separate page laying out shipping and stocking policies? 

Thanks for the thoughts and please, keep them coming! 

Hello there,

If you're concerned about the "weirdness" of having limited quantities in stock at a given time, perhaps just put up a disclaimer or statement that gives your position.

As a consumer, I'd have no issues with the possibility of a slight delay if I read the manufacturer's statement that reads something like "I care to make good stuff... so I take my time and do a bang up job of it.  No mass produced crap here" etc. etc.

It's like when folks have me build them AR platforms... I give them three options:  DONE RIGHT; DONE QUICKLY; DONE INEXPENSIVELY.  And they only get to pick TWO of the choices.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

I signed up for the newsletter, very easy sign up. 

I submitted a message via the contact us form.  Is it possible for the person leaving a comment to be cc'd the message they sent?  I'm always curious if those forms actually submit something or not; if I get receive an email stating this is the message I submitted then I know you got it.

Not that anyone reads "About Us" pages, but you misspelled business "buisness".  :)

• Like 1

I submitted a message via the contact us form.  Is it possible for the person leaving a comment to be cc'd the message they sent?  I'm always curious if those forms actually submit something or not; if I get receive an email stating this is the message I submitted then I know you got it.

Not that anyone reads "About Us" pages, but you misspelled business "buisness".  :)

Dunno about the cc (but I suspect not), and excellent catch on my lack of spellcheck! I was thinking of changing the About Us section into a catch-all "Store Info and Policies" section, that will lay out the shipping rates, stocking policies, infor on the care and feeding of resin, and the about me info. Anything else I should fold into that section? Any clue what to call it? OK to call it an FAQ if no ones actually asked the questions?

@Fluger - no sandbags in my future, but I am working on a trench system!