12/11: Ordo Fanaticus Game Day@ W.O.W. Saturday Noon to 5/6pm

Blustorm

THE PLACE

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs. Cost to play games is $5 for Ordo Members, $2 for Ordo Warlord Champions, and FREE for Emperors! As always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

THE GAMES

If you're looking to game we will be here. Opting to lay low? Stay home and stay safe, we'll catch you next time.

THE MISSION

Games we play: All, with a focus on Warhammer 40k, Bloodbowl, Necromunda, War Cry, board games and more.

While it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to pre-arrange a game before coming downNew players are always welcome, feel free to stop by and check it out.

BUT WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?

Due to the current Multnomah county mask mandate, all attendees must wear masks.  Players are encouraged to spread out their games and avoid congestion. Do not attend game night if you experience any of the symptoms found here

GAME NIGHT EXPECTATIONS

If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s taught us we don’t need more stress in our lives. As a result, Ordo is expecting an even greater level of friendliness and fellowship at Game Night than our normal high expectations. Please be aware that as always, the Czar has the ability to ask a player to leave if the Czar feels it necessary. Games are meant to be fun, so let’s have fun.

42 minutes ago, dorril said:

What is the best way to arrange a game night with someone as a long time lurker of the forum? Also I want to pay membership for CY 2022 so should I just wait until January?

1. I guess it depends on what time of game you are looking for. Right now, Tuesday nights primarily have Bloodbowl and some Necromunda players. Thursday nights mostly have 40k and occasional Necromunda & Kill Team players. On Saturdays, most of the players show up for Kill Team, but some play 40k. Lastly, on Sundays we have a mix of 40k, 30k, Saga, Battletech, and a few other games being played. If you are looking for a game for one of the systems above, I would try posting in the specific GN thread for the night that has other players showing up. If you are looking for a game that isn't listed above, I would try posting a message in the GN forum detailing the game you want to play and the times/days of the week you are available. 

2. Right now, we are running a special deal at GN where if you pay for either a Warlord membership ($30) or Emperor membership ($100), your membership dues will automatically include the rest of this year thru January 2023. That way, you won't have to worry about paying the $5 GN fee for non-champions if you haven't purchased dues for 2021. 

Let me know if you have any further questions about GN, @dorril😀

Also, I should mention that @ImperialTrooper is planning to host the Game Day for Saturday, Dec. 11th. I'm sure he'll be posting on this thread soon about any other details for that day. 

• Like 1

As @Blustormstated, I will be hosting the game day on this Saturday! I'll be hanging out for most the day and will be open as long as people are around. Im bringing some terrain and a KT im trying to finish painting. 

I'll have enough points for up to a 2k point matched game of 40k. I also have Bloodbowl and AOS, but admittedly I am not that familiar with AOS so I would be down to learn more.

Lately my focus has been on the new KT. I have almost a dozen Kill Teams and would love to show more people the pros and cons of the new version compared to the last. During my terrain and team building, I will also be working on a crusade for KT. It will follow the campaign rules of the core book but will be focused on a very narrative, mission based storyline. The idea is to run a KT campaign building into a 40k crusade based on the units in your KT Roster. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't be afraid to ask!! We look forward to meeting you and showing what the club has to offer!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, ImperialTrooper said:

Lately my focus has been on the new KT. I have almost a dozen Kill Teams and would love to show more people the pros and cons of the new version compared to the last. During my terrain and team building, I will also be working on a crusade for KT. It will follow the campaign rules of the core book but will be focused on a very narrative, mission based storyline. The idea is to run a KT campaign building into a 40k crusade based on the units in your KT Roster. 

Count me in for Kill Team and 40k! Would also be down to start the crusade, lord knows my Korpsmen could use the upgrades 

• Like 1

This is really helpful. Can I pay for my membership for CY 23 online and have that then cover the remainder of Dec or do I need to come in person? Family is currently sick and I dont want to potentially spread a non-covid illness. I am totally looking to play some 40k Nids, knights, and nurgle daemons (fully painted). Also could pick up some necromunda or Titanicus but I'd need an intro on that stuff.

22 minutes ago, dorril said:

This is really helpful. Can I pay for my membership for CY 23 online and have that then cover the remainder of Dec or do I need to come in person? Family is currently sick and I dont want to potentially spread a non-covid illness. I am totally looking to play some 40k Nids, knights, and nurgle daemons (fully painted). Also could pick up some necromunda or Titanicus but I'd need an intro on that stuff.

If you don't want to attend this Saturday's Game Day to avoid potentially spreading an illness, I would say go ahead and wait until Jan. 1st to purchase 2022 membership dues online thru the Ordo webstore. There is only going to be one more Saturday Game Day this year (Dec. 18th) and you could just attend that day for free as a first-timer. The clubhouse will be closed on Dec. 25th, followed by a Bloodbowl/Dungeonbowl tournament on New Year's Day. If you are thinking about attending other Game Nights during Dec., let me know and we can make a special arrangement. 🙂