A WARGAME OF NAPOLEONIC GOTHIC HORROR

Tao Tsê-Mung

Where do I sign up?

Seriously, anyone played or interested in playing Joseph McCullough‘s Silver Bayonet game yet?

Not the division-level Vietnam War game by the same name.

As the wars of Napoleon ravage Europe, chaos and fear reign and the darkness that once clung to the shadows has been emboldened. Supernatural creatures - vampires, werewolves, ghouls, and worse take advantage of the havoc, striking out at isolated farms, villages, and even military units. 
Riflemen, swordsmen, and engineers fight side-by-side with mystics, occultists, and even those few supernatural creatures that can be controlled or reasoned with enough to make common cause.

Need more niche’ skirmish warbands !!!

I’m a huge McCullough fanboy at this point and I’ve always liked Napoleonics, so I’m definitely intrigued… But I haven’t looked at the rules yet.

I assume they’re similar to Frostgrave and Stargrave in terms of model count? Napoleonic figures are pretty dang cheap… Hmm.

The rules are in the same vein but with a really interesting turn activation and unlike Stargrave all your dudes can be customized a bit and gain exp, assuming they survive . . .

Ten scenarios plus four solos which could easily be adapted for two players. Watched a battle report and games are much quicker than Oathmark, haven’t played Frost/Stargrave to compare.

I’ve got three nations’ unit selections figured out and ready to hop in if other folks are interested. Could probably go halves with people on figures as the Napoleonics seem to come 20+ per box. 

13 hours ago, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

Could probably go halves with people on figures as the Napoleonics seem to come 20+ per box

If you’re only getting twenty Napoleonic infantry in a box, you’re either buying pewter figures or you’re getting ripped off. Big.

The plastic sets from Victrix average around fifty to sixty men per box and from the Perry Brothers it’s somewhere between 40-50.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I know, those are what I’ve been looking at and I knew you’d be the one to issue me a stern correction if I didn’t go back and edit my typo.

Now the real question is do you actually want to play or just post daily about it? Haven’t seen you at the club for months! Thought you wanted to run an Oathmark campaign this fall/winter too.

• Haha 1