Adeptus Custodes leaving Terra (spoilers)

dalmer

Hello there,

I started this thread off of the discussion in the 40k 9th edition and sorry, don't know how to hide text so spoilers don't show.

So... spoiler alert.

There was discussion about Adeptus Custodes leaving Terra, etc. etc. and I didn't want to hijack the gaming thread.  So...

I know it's not the 40k you used to know.  Guilliman is back.  Claims to have spoken with the Emperor and thus the Indomitus Era begins and the new crusade begins.

Why are the Custodes leaving Terra?

Because Guilliman is now classified as a threat to the Emperor.  They are running active simulations on how to kill the resurrected Primarch.  A current train of thought amongst their group is... Guilliman is leaving Terra supposedly at the will of the Emperor to reclaim the galaxy, etc. etc.  Custodes group A = see?  He's loyal to the Emperor.  Custodes group B = Horus didn't plan the Heresy on Terra, right?  No, he needed to go away and build his armies, etc. and then return to Terra to take over.  So we are going to go out with him and watch, learn, and if need be stop him in his tracks.  Instead of waiting on Terra for doom to come to us.  You know, like last time.  Our tactics have to change.  We are supposed to protect the Emperor, and we can do that better OUT THERE.

Oh, and they call Guilliman "The Usurper" now.  So there's that.

... and Orks and Tyranids are huge threats as well, not just Necrons and Chaos, etc.

But I also understand that GW is a company that wants to make $$$ so can't really alienate (no pun intended) various fans loyal to certain factions so they have to include as many playable armies as possible, etc. 

But yeah, it's not the 40k "the clock approaching midnight" kind of thing.  But I do recall folks saying things like "Failbaddon's Black Crusades are a joke now, and so lame because he keeps goofing it up, etc."   Well, Cadia fell.  He got it right.  Sent Sigismund's corpse as a warning, etc.   So the storyline is progressing/different for sure.  And that isn't necessarily a bad thing to keep things moving.