March to War V: March 5th & 6th 2022

Hello all! Happy to officially announce March to War V!

March 5th and 6th 2022 and Gongaii Gamesin Portland, OR; a 2 day, 5 round 4500 point 9th Age tournament!

Official sign-up and info can be found here:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/community/index.php?thread/64351-march-to-war-v-march-5th-6th-portland-or/

If you are not a member of the 9th Age forums and don't want to create a membership, just let me know / shoot me a message and I'll get you on the list 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 4:09 PM, Andrewgeddon said:

Happy to announce that March to War will be a feeder event for the 2022 North American Masters!

Also excited to announce we hit 20 players today! We've only got 12 spots left, so grab them while you can!

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/community/index.php?thread/64351-march-to-war-v-march-5th-6th-portland-or/

Count me in, it's been far too long since I've played. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! Less than 4 weeks until March to War, get that hype train going! Just a few notes as we get closer to the big day:

-A reminder that lists are due February 19th, with the caveat that we're still waiting for the final points adjustment to drop that are due in February. Rumor has it that this will happen before lists are due, but I'll be monitoring the situation and will adjust as needed. I encourage everyone to wait at least until next week to start submitting lists.

-It has been asked, so to clarify, as of now masks will be required for this event. Masks must be worn at all times while inside the venue, unless eating or drinking.

-When submitting payment for the event via PayPal, please use the "Friends and Family" option. There have been some changes with PayPal's tax rules and I have no desire to have to fill out yet another form when my 2022 taxes are due.

• Like 2

Hello all! 2 quick March to War announcements:

-I have heard from multiple sources that the latest Kingdom of Equitaine is supposed to drop sometime next week. With that in mind, I have pushed back the army submission deadline a week: lists will now be due on Saturday, February 26th by 11:59pm PST.

-Please sign up and submit lists through New Recruit if possible, via the Tournament tab (trophy-shaped icon at the top). When submitting your list, please title it something along the lines of "*your name* March to War V" so I'm able to match up lists with actual names. It's a bit hard to figure out that "Johnny Everyteen" on my sign-up list and "xX_DarkFyre_Xx" on New Recruit are the same person 😅

As always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Orson said:

Just to be clear, the army builder in New Recruit is good to use right?

It was confusing a tad to use at first.  I actually missed a bloodline power and was wondering why my list had gone from 66 extra points to 126 points.  When the final update for 2022 came out.  I was like crap what do I do with the extra points.  Turns out I didnt actually have that.  

Whats nice is the program will not let you make an illegal list.  It will often tell you, that you cant do that, or allow you to save a unit that is invalid.  

Hello all! Just a reminder that March to War V lists are due TOMORROW! If you haven't already, please sign up to the event via New Recruit (trophy icon at the top), which is also how you will submit your lists.

If you have any trouble signing up or submitting a list via New Recruit, please contact me.

If you have a username on New Recruit that's going to make it hard to figure out your IRL name, please let me know!