Laser Engraver Project: Deathstar Coasters

Justjokin

8 hours ago, Justjokin said:

I choose to subvert the Great Ordo oppressive apparatus by reasonably complying with their policies and just being awesome and giving stuff away!

🙂

All in jest! I appreciate the compliments and feedback. I did consider creating these and offering to the club to pay for my Emperor subscription.

And we absolutely have done deals like this in the past. We certainly appreciate the dedication and conscientiousness of members like you. 😀

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, jollyork said:

Love the coasters and the idea of letting others get them, but please note that when it's not just a one-off homemade item, using the Ordo Fanaticus logo for products (even free ones) requires approval from the Senate. 

My questions weren't related to that.

I was trying to give business to a fellow Ordite.

I'm sorry it turned into this.

3 hours ago, Romans832 said:

Sorry, I asked to support you.

Oh no, you got me wrong! I just know how things are with logos. No lack of gratitude to you on my part.

I was really just trying to understand the market value of my work should I have an appropriate understanding with the rightful owner of the logo.  For example, trading Ordo for a reasonable amount of these for a membership, leaving enough room for Ordo to make a few dollars putting them on the store or something.  Then we get people really excited about a cool set of coasters they can have for themselves, guilt free, Ordo makes a reasonable amount of dollars above a simple membership, and we all get a cool story out of it. 

I also wanted to engage positively with BlueStorm, 'cuase I get where they're coming from, and it does suck to have to be 'that guy' sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2