new warlocks and avatar

dalmer

Jes Goodwin is, without a doubt, one of the greatest artists in the miniature hobby of all time. The perfect mix of uniqueness of individuals, yet uniformity across a range; detailed without being cluttered; fantastical yet practical... He’s Jack Kirby in pewter.

I do like this new Avatar. It really feels like an update instead of a revamp...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:08 AM, andozane said:

Though, that model is badass, what I'm sad about is in their video they didn't show the ORIGINAL Avatar, which would have made their comparison even that much greater.

TRUTH!

But they sure loved making fun of how they've grown all the other stuff, but not point out all of his sizes

Maugan Ra looks amazing! Ironically looks more like a Death Jester on roids. LOL

I have to imagine @Torg is foaming at the mouth for the new Corsair model(s) & Kill Team coming out.

Reapers look like their 1st gen counterparts

Want more info on the flying snipers.

Woopty do on the new Shining Spears, I think there are older models needing love than an old plastic getting new plastic.

Everyone's laughing at me about the Avatar... I want to display the beast... but I can't display both heads or both spear and axe at once without TWO models... bahumbug!

• Like 1

I am interested in the new codex... I won't pre-order - but I may pick it up down the line.  The new deathjester is just about the only interesting figure to me at this point as well. The new Avatar is cool - but I have the FW version - and it isn't that much of an upgrade to spend for a new one. 

-d

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2022 at 3:00 PM, Romans832 said:

Maugan Ra looks amazing! Ironically looks more like a Death Jester on roids. LOL

I have to imagine @Torg is foaming at the mouth for the new Corsair model(s) & Kill Team coming out.

Was in the hobby shop today ... saw the new Eldar -... I admit I picked up a box and gandered at Maugan Ra... but quickly put it back when I saw the 45$ price tag for one normal sized figure. I have no thirst for the new Eldar ... and I have not played 40k in over 8-9 months... I don't see myself getting back to it any time in the coming years.

I played in a local Bolt Action game day last weekend - I have not had so much joy for this hobby - and a gaming day event (3 games) in a long... LONG time. Balanced rules... concise rulebooks - and reasonably priced minis & armies.

-d 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Torg said:

Was in the hobby shop today ... saw the new Eldar -... I admit I picked up a box and gandered at Maugan Ra... but quickly put it back when I saw the 45$ price tag for one normal sized figure. I have no thirst for the new Eldar ... and I have not played 40k in over 8-9 months... I don't see myself getting back to it any time in the coming years.

I played in a local Bolt Action game day last weekend - I have not had so much joy for this hobby - and a gaming day event (3 games) in a long... LONG time. Balanced rules... concise rulebooks - and reasonably priced minis & armies.

-d 

And to think I keep getting invited back in