Brutal but Kunnin' - Kunnin' but Brutal (Ork Rumors?)

pretre

The Lifta-Droppa got resurrected by Forge World, with ridiculously complex rules compared to most of 40K, so perhaps Bubble Chukkas could make it back from the dead, too. I have a lot of fond memories of taunting opponents to risk shooting their own guns after being (possibly) enveloped by a bubble. 

I was looking and I didn't see a "Gets Hot Rule" this edition. I know in the past, if the random AP was the same as a Plasma or lower it received that rule.

Snazz guns have always had random ap. It was a D6 and did not get hot, there was an option called blasta that subtracted one from the rolled ap and added the gets hot rule. I like that they are just straight worth while now the typical old setup cost an extra 15 points a model!

Old snazz started at st5 assault 1 ap D6 range 24". Each custom job cost 5 points, +1st, +1 shot, -1 to the random ap roll and gets hot.

Premier shooting unit of 40k my green ass!

versus T4:

1 Flash Git 22 points, (2 wounds at a 6+)
Range: Stand and shoot, 24" to get BS 3
3 shots
BS3 1.5 hits
1 wound
50% chance of 0.33 wounds or 1 wound vs. 3+ armor
Average .667 wounds vs. 3+ armor

Damage drops against units in cover

Can hurt rhinos, AP 1 and 2 better on damage table, threaten 2+ saves

4 Shoota Boyz, 24 points (4 wounds at a 6+)
Range: move 6" and shoot 18", 24" total
8 shots
5.33 hits
2.66 wounds
0.887 unsaved wounds vs. 3+ armor 

Damage the same regardless of cover

more attacks in assault

Objective secured rule

Shoota boyz have slightly better damage output, twice the durability, can assault better and have objective secured. (facepalm)

Flashgit models are cool but $10 each is steep.

• Like 2

The idea of stormboyz assaulting flyers is what excites me. Thats a rumour I am looking forward to knowing. Will fit real nice in my Rat rod orks idea. 

This is totally not going to happen. It's been a rumor since Space Marine came out and just isn't going to happen. I'd love to be wrong though.

I am not holding my breath that it will happen. Truth be told, boots of any kind allowed to assault flyers is out of the power curve for the rest of the armys.

I want to build a ork army, just holding out tell I know what the new orks will be like. If its a shooting army, I will hold out for Dark Eldar.

I want Orks to be a Assault army with effective units. Armour 14 front open top battle wagons are what Needs not to change. 14 front should let it get into range before it pops, so you can assault. Open top makes it so a multi-melts will kill it, shortly after the boys hop out. Maybe we will get a iron clad equivalent big mek=) would be cool.

Open top eating a flamer to the occupants keeps balance to the ork rigs, if to many changes to armour dont happen.

All and all excited about the new orks

TW Haines